The Fifth Element Lineage

I pass on the next one.... smile.gif

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Pink

RECEIVER: Zima

GIFT: CB Tsunami

MILESTONE: 5th even gen water Lineage

Edited by Zima

My choices for round 2 are #7 or #10, then pass.

Thank you, everyone who donated and Pink for holding the drawing! smile.gif

Finally managed to name and register all my CB eligible elements (at least the ones who will be registered; some are involved in stuff that doesn't bear renaming).

And my spreadsheet says there's 294 of them. Once I get all those Leeloo components named and registered, that should be slightly over 300. biggrin.gif

Finally time to think about milestones, methinks. Bah, choices! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Spreadsheet-Update:

The Date-converting Script problem

Good news for all those of you wondering why the re-formatting of the growing-up-dates when you register dragons via your form doesn't work: I've finally figured it out! smile.gif

If you've been having this problem, all you need to do is add an empty row at the bottom of the 'Dragons' tab in your spreadsheet. Then the script reformatting the date will work fine. (It will run over everything and correct the old entries, too, when you register the next dragon. The script is triggered whenever the form is submitted. wink.gif )

If you don't know whether this applies to you: look at your spreadsheet. If the grow-up-dates of your dragons, when you copy them into your Registration Form from the dragon's page (e.g. Jan 29, 2013) becomes the format 2013-01-29 in your spreadsheet on its own, then the script is already working for you.

Whew, I'm SO glad I finally figured this out! It's been driving me nuts for months that the script is working fine for some members (including me) and not for others.

Edited by Lastalda

Oh awesome, thanks Lastalda!

I had discovered that you could fix it manually by clicking on each of the date cells and removing the ` symbol--there was never one visible, but if you clicked and looked in the formula editor, there was suddenly on at the beginning, no idea why. But that was exhausting and this is so convenient, thank you!

Spreadsheet-Update:

The Date-converting Script problem

Good news for all those of you wondering why the re-formatting of the growing-up-dates when you register dragons via your form doesn't work: I've finally figured it out! smile.gif

If you've been having this problem, all you need to do is add an empty row at the bottom of the 'Dragons' tab in your spreadsheet. Then the script reformatting the date will work fine. (It will run over everything and correct the old entries, too, when you register the next dragon. The script is triggered whenever the form is submitted. wink.gif )

If you don't know whether this applies to you: look at your spreadsheet. If the grow-up-dates of your dragons, when you copy them into your Registration Form from the dragon's page (e.g. Jan 29, 2013) becomes the format 2013-01-29 in your spreadsheet on its own, then the script is already working for you.

Whew, I'm SO glad I finally figured this out! It's been driving me nuts for months that the script is working fine for some members (including me) and not for others.

I have several blank rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and it still isn't converting the date correctly. I have done the same as airaani but that is time consuming. Not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong, but it is a pain to adjust the date for every dragon I register. I don't copy and paste either.

Edited by Husker

I don't copy and paste the date.... i literally type in 9/7 for 9th July 2013..... when it gets into the spreadsheet it auto converts it for me. It may be the same thing though as I have 19 free rows under my last registered dragon.

I had discovered that you could fix it manually by clicking on each of the date cells and removing the ` symbol--there was never one visible, but if you clicked and looked in the formula editor, there was suddenly on at the beginning, no idea why.

That's exactly what the script is doing, removing those ' characters. They appear because, like Excel, spreadsheets want to be smarter than their users. To make sure that any number etc you enter into a form looks exactly as you entered it into the form, it gets this ' at the front which makes it a string (basically, a word) instead of a number, so the automatic type recognition of the spreadsheet is disabled.

It's actually nice thinking, but it would be nicer if one could just choose the type of expected data when designing the form... rolleyes.gif But it might also be their way to restrict the damage that can be done with a form (since usually, forms are given out to several people, and someone might get the idea to put malicious code in there. Transforming it into strings would make them harmless...)

Anyway, that's what the script is there for.

@Zima:

It doesn't matter whether you copy & paste or type, if it auto-formats then the script is doing its job. smile.gif

@Husker:

I just re-copied the script code into your spreadsheet, and tested it, and it seems to work fine.

Please test again and let me know if it's still not working for you?

Just a caution here. I think my computer is dying. It's been having issues the last couple days, and when we tried to copy a file from a flash drive we couldn't do it at all. Some google-fu later and a consultation with my computer savvy daughter and the conclusion is either a hardware problem with the bus that controls the removable devices or the motherboard is dying. Since the connection with the USB isn't the only issue we've had we're thinking it's the motherboard. We can't afford to replace or fix right now.

I will be online, on the forum, even if just with my Xoom. Doing anything with my dragons will be tough though if the computer actually dies. So, this is just a warning to head off "What happened to Fi? She hasn't got anything growing on her scroll?" stuff.

dry.gif stupid computers.

Two headed madness!

I am SO late to the party sad.gif Haven't caught a single one ... yet ...

Heh, a double headed double header.

Pretty cool. I wonder if either breed will be elemental.

Well, I now have 3 of the "can't make up its mind" variety, but none of the opalescent...

Progress!

I've gotten only one blue opal so far! *flails* They're in the alpine--where are the others dropping?

According to the wiki, the brown opals are mainly in the forest, and the 'can't make up its mind' eggs are everywhere.

But I haven't seen even one of either of them today. sad.gif

Meh, I HATE those short releases!

Edited by Lastalda

I've gotten only one blue opal so far! *flails* They're in the alpine--where are the others dropping?

I don't got any opals, nor my family members, but have loads of the red undecided ones.

The greens are dropping in the forest and the blues in the coast and alpine, I heard.

At least I saw opals there, but didn't get them.

Good luck Fiona, with repairing your computer, I know, how it is feeling. Our best computer quitted also last week, so we have to use our old one again, but at least we have alternatives. We are hoping, it is because of the heat the last days, so we are waiting till it is cooler again. 1 week between 30 and 35 Celsius isn't good for computers and people, I think.

Edited by Zeldarax

I haven't managed a single egg so far, though to be honest my interest in this game is waning.... if that wasn't obvious.

If I catch one I catch one, I guess. Good luck to the rest of you.