The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun.

LIFE - dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds.

I vote yes on Bleeding Moon and no on Imperial Fleshcrownes. For Bleeding Moon dragons I think they could fit in either Fire or Life. Fire because their appearance and behavior is strongly controlled by the sun. Life because they use a neuro-toxin to hunt.

Thanks for posting the descriptions, Zima!

I agree with Fi's assessment. So I'll vote:

Bleeding Moon Dragons: YES (in Fire)

Imperial Fleshcrownes: No

I agree, but I think the Moon dragons are decidedly more Fiery than Life-y. So my votes are:

Yes to Bleeding Moons (Fire)

No to Fleshcrowns.

I vote YES on Bleeding Moons in LIFE

NO on Imperial Fleshcrownes.

I saw nothing of The Fire Element in the Bleeding Moons descrip. Just curious, how did that happen?

Edited by Xocowolf

When outside in the sun, the small red spatters on their back grow and spread, making the dragons appear to ‘bleed’.

Sun sensitivity, anyone? Their behavior is controlled by sunlight, or lack thereof.

Bleeding Moon Dragons are mostly nocturnal creatures.

As in, "Get me outa the sun, man. I'm turning red red red!"

That's why I figured them for Fire.

I could ask Mysfytt, but she doesn't quite "get" our criteria. Besides, she's been gone a lot, sick.

I would argue for Life over Fire because the Bleeding-Moons have a connection with blood (blood = Life) and they produce a neurotoxin in their tail-barbs.

I would argue for Life over Fire because the Bleeding-Moons have a connection with blood (blood = Life) and they produce a neurotoxin in their tail-barbs.

It's only the appearance of blood, though you might have a point about the neurotoxin... but I'm sticking with the argument for Fire. It's very clear what effect the sun has on them, though it obviously isn't as strong as say, Nocturnes.

Tallying votes...

Imperial Fleshcrownes:

yes -

no - Fiona BlueFire, deblogan, silver_chan, Xocowolf, Grandmother_cathie, Pink467, Husker, airaani, Zeldarax, Zima

Bleeding Moons:

yes - Fiona BlueFire (fire or life), deblogan (fire) silver_chan (fire), Xocowolf (life), Grandmother_cathie (fire), Pink467 (fire), Husker (fire), airaani, Zeldarax (fire), Zima (fire)

no -

For me, the bleeding moons have 4 Elemental traits:

*nocturnal = fire

*appearance changed by the sun = fire

*behavior changed by the sun = fire (kind of iffy on this one since I don't know if they actually get more aggressive from exposure or the genetically darker spotted ones are already prone to be more aggressive)

*neurotoxin = life (curious to know if the poison comes from plants they eat or if they're born with the venom)

Edited by Pink467

If the Bleeding-Moons are accepted (and it looks likely), I'll start on a new themed Elemental project: Sun, Moon and Stars.

It'll include Seasonals because the seasons are a product of solar positioning, and also Sunrise/Sunset, Sunsongs, Sunstones, Nocturnes, Nebbies, Moonstones, Royal Blues, Rainbow and Verdigris Coppers.

If the Bleeding-Moons are accepted (and it looks likely), I'll start on a new themed Elemental project: Sun, Moon and Stars.

It'll include Seasonals because the seasons are a product of solar positioning, and also Sunrise/Sunset, Sunsongs, Sunstones, Nocturnes, Nebbies, Moonstones, Royal Blues, Rainbow and Verdigris Coppers.

That actually sounds really neat! I may have to do something like that, too.

Curious to know if the poison comes from plants they eat or if they're born with the venom

They don't strike me as veggie-dragons, the descrip says they're aggressive and the toxin is intended to subdue their prey. They're carnivores! smile.gif

Yes for the Bleeding Moons, and No for the Imperial Fleshcrownes

I agree with the majority wink.gif

Bleeding Moons Fire

Imperial Fleshcrownes NO

I don't know, about Roekerd now, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Voting is now closed. Fleshy Imps will NOT be added at this time. Bloody Moons will be added to FIRE.

tongue.gif

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy 5ecret 5anta? Both gifting and receiving biggrin.gif

THANK YOU for organizing, Valkie!!!!

Not that I've noticed. I'm just the impatient, non-secretive type who prefers to gift via teleport *lol*

I completely spaced on the setting a time portion of it.. uh. :blush:

How does Thursday evening work for everyone? Say 9pm cave time?

I know a couple of people can't make that time based on the forms sent, and we'll have to work something out with that.

Of course, please feel free to send links through me if you can't make it and would still like to maintain anonymity (or have something attempting to grow up on you).

I told Valkie by PM that Thursday works for me, but I may as well post it too. biggrin.gif

such fun! *eyes Pink's 2nd gen neb from red and gold* If no one speaks up asking for that or the copper they could find a home with me. I don't need them, but I'm still trying for my red neb x gold checker. And I always have room for coppers.