Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

The local demons called me a nerd for playing Dragon Cave sad.gif

EDIT: Well damn... Just caught a cb blusang linwurm and a gold dragon...

WTF just got another blusang what is this???

Why are the blusangs on two different scrolls, if they're caught by you? ninja.gif

@BlockE

I think they just added the image link of a gold egg instead of a golden wyvern. Its easy for new players to be confused by it.

My first rare was actually a golden wyvern and for several minutes I sat there thinking "Is that a gold or a golden wyvern?!" xd.png

personally i just check the biomes every five minutes and on the hour

i have found four CB silvers with that method (well two of them where during the xeno updatte but i used the method)

still no golds though...darn ratios and bots

i gues swe need to breed our golds less but they are always in such high demand it never will slow down\

and then they go for so much on trades that scripters use the scripts to make it so impossible that you never even see the gold to begin with

plenty of gold wyverns though those things are VERY easy to catch in my opinion

Edited by blockEdragon

i spend a ton of time in the cave trying to complete my one and only scroll goal:

a caveborn gold

no neglecteds

no 2nd gens

just the gold and ill be happy

of course i never will get one

of course the one time i did see one the world frowned upon me and gave me a miss-click instead with the first two letters in the code being HA

so not only did i miss it but i had a fleshcrown eg laughing at me for five hours during a new release

Edited by blockEdragon

I haven't even played for a year on DC but I've seen at least 15-16 CB Golds.

And missed them all :<

Seen roughly (or more) of the same amount of CB Silvers, caught maybe about half of them. Gifted one, traded 3.

For me, it's just luck. I get some uncommon or common eggs that are interested for me(such as black dragon or electric dragon) and go back to that page immediately. And I get two or three eggs at same biome, and I could see some rares at there. I got several gold wyverns at that way.

I usually wait for the 5 minute refresh then quickly click through the biomes. Sometimes I'm lucky and a GW or a Blusang pops up, or even a Xeno. I caught 3 GWs, 1 Blusang, 1 Mageia Xeno, and 1 Ice recently. Most of the time I only go cave hunting when the AP is giving me sucky lineages and my dragons are still on breeding cooldown.

There's no real science to it. I have caught most of my rares at random times when I was clicking through the biomes really quickly. If I'm lucky, I'll see an interesting description before I click to the next biome (but a lot of times I see it and then I've already clicked the next biome, so it's too late).

Or if I'm looking for a specific dragon, I'll sit in whichever biome is related to it, and I'll wait for the five minute drops. I don't have too much luck at the top of the hour. smile.gif

It's just patience tbh, if you sit in the cave long enough you'll see the rare dragons pop up one by one, but catching it is another thing tongue.gif I sit as close to my wireless router as possible when I hunt for eggs so that my internet is at its prime.

How do you catch rare eggs:

- You do not sleep a lot

- You are hunting when you are awake or half-asleep or almost-asleep

- You do not take bio-breaks (try adult diapers)

- Food is optional

- Your connection is awesome (Google Fiber, AT&T Giga Power, business connection provided by your employer)

- Your skills are awesome: you've been shooting zombies etc. since you were five years old

How do you catch rare eggs:

- You do not sleep a lot

- You are hunting when you are awake or half-asleep or almost-asleep

- You do not take bio-breaks (try adult diapers)

- Food is optional

- Your connection is awesome (Google Fiber, AT&T Giga Power, business connection provided by your employer)

- Your skills are awesome: you've been shooting zombies etc. since you were five years old

PLUS

- You will eventually get carpal tunnel syndrome

- Your eyes will be bloodshot

- You've lost track of time

- You complain on the forum and get the rare egg five seconds later

Edited by Stellaluna22

PLUS

- You will eventually get carpal tunnel syndrome

- Your eyes will be bloodshot

- You've lost track of time

- You complain on the forum and get the rare egg five seconds later

wait so if i complain enough i will find that CB gold?!

NOTED!

I WISH GOLDS SPAWNED! I HATE HOW PINK GARNETS ARE RARE! NEGLECTEDS ARE HARD TO MAKE!

that enough? i have more......i have a very strong inner rage this is just the tip of the iceberg

am i the only one who wishes more rares would be added to the cave?

i would like to see some rares on par with golds and silvers so theirs more then just metals to wish for

i mean sure rares cause drama but they are the driving force behind DCs trade market and challenging for players to find

i have a few ideas for ultra rares but im not gonna talk about them...without some encouragement

some nice reflective encouragement from one of the biomes

Edited by blockEdragon

I refresh all biomes directly after each five minute 'hop'. Rarely see metals (and haven't caught any for years), but managed to catch a bunch of CB Xeno's in the last week which I kept or traded for things I needed more.

I don't mind at all that other people catch more rares; I simply don't want to put too much time into stalking the cave and that's my choice, can't blame anyone else if I don't catch anything.

Edited by Mirhana

I use a "trawl-net" strategy: go back and forth between the Cave biomes every 10 or so seconds occasionally checking the AP for anything (but not much, since I really prefer CB dragons if I can get them), and I pretty much try to memorize the Rare egg descriptions (for example: If I read "Mana courses" I immediately click the egg, even if I didn't read the rest. tongue.gif). For anything I know isn't a rare, I use Ctrl+F on the "Which egg is which?" wiki page because I'm pretty much allowed time (unless it's a Nebula, Black, or something like that) to check it before some DC pro snags it. I got my lovely Pemerel (Thalassa Xenowyrm) this way.

Edited by TreasureLooter

I also do the trawl methods. Mostly late at night -- it seems like the competition is less severe then. tongue.gif

I just refresh at the five minute drops. Granted I've never caught a CB metal (unless you count copper dragons during their release), but I've managed to grab everything else.

I just refresh at the five minute drops.

I've recently started doing this too. It also has given me success, as I just recently got two Xenos and an Ice dragon.

I haven't seen any CB metals yet though, but I like to think I'll eventually get some.

Y'all better stalk the AP after Halloween. I've abandoned a CB Copper and an Ice Dragon so I could have space. The AP is going to be hashtag poppin' after this ohmygod.

i dont catch them... hell i rarely even see them. but when i do i spaz click and end up not getting it anyway or i spaz click and misclick on the wrong egg.

How I catch rares:

I don't

Idk what this F5 refresh thing is, F5 on my computer doesn't do jack so I click the webpage in the search bar and hit enter to refresh it every five minutes and hope there's something nice

i dont catch them... hell i rarely even see them. but when i do i spaz click and end up not getting it anyway or i spaz click and misclick on the wrong egg.

Sadly.

This.

How I catch rares:

I don't

Idk what this F5 refresh thing is, F5 on my computer doesn't do jack so I click the webpage in the search bar and hit enter to refresh it every five minutes and hope there's something nice

Maybe you can ctrl + R? That's what I had to do for a few years, when I had a computer that didn't have the right F5 function. It's a little awkward but you get used to it pretty quickly.

I saw a gold during the first few hours of the Halloween event. Of course by then I was already full of eggs I didn't want to drop, so I just admired it sadly for a few minutes before I refreshed the page.

Edited by silver_chan

I often use this Halloween havoc or any other holiday frenzy to lurk the biomes because most people wander off to the AP in search of past holidays and interesting lineages. It really works. smile.gif

I just sit there changing pages every 1-2 minutes.

Then when I see something I want, I rapidly click it.

Seems to work sometimes.

It's how I got my Gaia.