Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

Mixture of luck & timing. I tend to look for eggs on the hour in the cave and then five minutes past that hour, that's when most rares get dropped in my experience, and you gottta be really quick.

Just wondering: does anybody else use a trackpad for hunting? I'm sorta used to it, but I feel like maybe it's not the best.

I use trackpad, I haven't so much touched a mouse in nearly 10 years. tongue.gif

Trackpad works GREAT depending on the laptop you use and how much experience you have with it, I find using trackpad much faster than mouse when hunting.

Edited by suskekun222

Since yesterday, I've seen 4 Silvers there (I caught one, yay!)

But no Golds T___T I don't even have one and I thought I could snatch one during Valentine... But apparently nothing -____-

(I'm complaining to much, I've caught two Magmas, a Thunder, 2 Dinos, 2 Blusangs a Silver and seen a lot of other Thunders, Magmas, few Ices, lots of Cheeses, two Chickens, one Paper and a lot of Dinos .____.)

IMO as someone who has caught all types of rares in the cave, the holiday season is the WORST time to catch anything valuable. There's usually a larger number of people trading off 2g holidays and 2g spriter babies, and those usually are the ones asking for CB golds and silvers. Factor in the fact that you've also got the cave at its most active points (people who on hiatus or are collectors who might only stop in for the holidays), and it's downright impossible.

I hunt when I'm at work. I work at a computer lab as a proctor and my job entails unjamming the printers and making sure no one eats in the lab. That's it. So I literally just sit there and refresh with one hand, clicker in the other, or jump from biome to biome for 5-6 hours at a time.

Also, in my experience the US summer season (June-August) are the easiest times to catch them. No holidays, and everybody's outside enjoying that summer air with their friends.

It helps to have three things. A good connection, to have all the descriptions memorized down and luck. That's the biggest part.

Although I havent been playing for that long, I've gotten a lot of coppers and other rares except for that damn cb gold! I find the best time to get a very rare would be when a holiday event is going on - while everyones busy in the AP trying to get some holiday eggs, literally no one is out in the cave. This last valentines, I literally caught 4 cb silvers, a few coppers and a crap ton of rares tongue.gif I've also learnt pretty much all the rare descriptions and try to remember specific key words e.g gleams for coppers, glows for silvers, metallic for gold.

I've also learnt pretty much all the rare descriptions and try to remember specific key words e.g gleams for coppers, glows for silvers, metallic for gold.

> would totally suggest "reddish" for copper, just cuz dorks like me confuse gleams with glitters and end up catching Gilded Bloodscales xd.png

I've found that the caves are much easier to get rares from during the week after the holidays. :3 It's probably because people are too busy breeding holiday eggs and the ratios (?) of how many eggs of a breed there should be... fluctuates? idk. I just notice that the frequency of rare eggs dropping on the week during/after the holidays nets better. biggrin.gif

I keep moving my mouse around the AP or Cave screen and keep repeatedly pressing Command + R or F5, depending on what computer I'm using. Let's just say that these keys are almost broken biggrin.gif

I have a good connection so that's probably it because I definitely do not have good reflexes. xd.png A lot of the time it's just good timing. Seriously somehow I always check the cave right when the hourly or 5 minute drop happens it's kind of weird. I also have occasionally just camped out at one biome for a specific rare but not that often at all. Still have trouble with metallics. They are very elusive and I constantly wonder if they're set to drop at times I can't be on for. dry.gif

I use two strategies.

1, open two windows with the two biomes I intend to stalk.

2, change my mouse to "hover" activate the window (so whatever window I'm hovering over is the active one.

3, then I switch back and forth doing Ctrl-R till I see something I want to click and I click it . . . but I CONTROL-CLICK it so it opens it in a new tab and I can click a couple of times just in case.

2nd strategy

I get a rare egg of some sort and trade for the one I really want.

So, for instance, if I get a silver egg (I have enough of those) then I will try to trade it for something that I want.

Note, I find that listening to an audio book helps to keep me from getting distracted.

Edited by Gladtobemom

I just keep going between the two-three least populated pages and get the eggs that pop up biggrin.gif

Position myself at 1 minute before next drop, and when the time for the next drop happens, I wait a few seconds before refreshing the page. Almost always get the egg I want before someone else.

Got:

Cheese

Magma x2

Thunder x2

Nebula x10 (...and counting...)

Golden Wyvern x2

Just from this strategy.

At one minute before the drop, I keep my mouse cursor on the refresh button and I stare at the time at the bottom of my screen, ready to click as soon as the time changes.

Edited by Keekeecat

Personally

I trade for them, but I have caught a few in the caves by just being lucky oh and monthly drops.

Kinda laughing though, checked to see if anyone admitted multiaccounting to catch rares.

I just keep going between the two-three least populated pages and get the eggs that pop up biggrin.gif

Yup! I follow this method, too! Just when it actually comes to grabbing the eggs, thats my weak point. I usually drift off a bit and when I do, the eggs refresh and i'll almost certainly refresh once more and by that time, I would have clicked too late and a rare egg would have gone. .-. So reflexes and concentration is key, on my part.

Another method is, when/if I have at least 2 egg slots open and an egg such as a Dorsal/Ridgewing comes along (potential alt), i'll go to grab it but hold down Ctrl, which'll open up the egg code link in the next tab. Refresh on the biome your on until a new egg replaces the old and on that rare occasion, a more desirable egg might come along! - This has a low chance of doing anything useful and the best that usually happens is you end up with an alt egg. Other than that, this method is pretty useless and frustrating at times.

Normally I wait until I have absolutely no eggs abd then I go hunting in a particular biome; I caught several Thunders and a Magma this way. The only downside is sometimes you fill up just before you see a Silver...

Lately I have been breeding too much, and too impatient to wait for the best hunting conditions (aka I grab from the AP as soon as one of my eggs hatches) but I'll get back to it once I get a few more Reds and Pinks.

I breed, I trade, I get gifted, I go to the AP. ONCE I got a CB Ice from the Cave ohmy.gif

Refresh like you have all the time in the world (even if you need to finish something super important) then make sure to be the first to click it. Works for me 1/8 times xd.png

I rarely go in the caves anymore. Is it just me, or do less people get eggs there now? I have refreshed for a while, and never seen any rares. I remember seeing a few rare dragons when I first started dragon cave early last year.

I usually search in the AP, because I find much better eggs there.

But my most important tip is just: try not to use your last egg slot unless you find a rare dragon. I always seem to be scroll locked when I find rares.

Thing is... why would you be in the caves if you're scroll-locked? So you can chastise yourself for being locked when you get a rare? >.<

Anyways...

It's always good to know what you're looking for, especially if it's only in a specific biome, like Dinos, which are only in the Jungle. Then, get ready one minute before the next drop, wait 5-10 seconds after it hits the 5 minute-mark or top of the hour, THEN refresh. I find that the new drop doesn't come automatically on the minute or hour, it comes several seconds later. Fast internet helps too, but it's not required, especially if you have good reflexes and know the egg descriptions. Memorize keywords. Also, for Dinos, they have hella long descriptions, so they're easy to spot.

I rarely go in the caves anymore. Is it just me, or do less people get eggs there now? I have refreshed for a while, and never seen any rares. I remember seeing a few rare dragons when I first started dragon cave early last year.

I usually search in the AP, because I find much better eggs there.

But my most important tip is just: try not to use your last egg slot unless you find a rare dragon. I always seem to be scroll locked when I find rares.

Nah, I think people still get rare eggs. It just requires a lot more patience than it used to, because you're wading through so many common eggs that have been released in the last year or so--so in that respect, I guess there are 'fewer' rare eggs, since there's more of other things.

I mostly see rare ones around new release times, but I saw a dino just last week. I was too slow to grab it, though.

I think I have yet to even see a rare egg in the biomes let alone be able to get one ...

But for now, that is ok for me cause I am still happy with just having what I got.

My tip: keep looking for a minute after the refresh! Egg-hunters will sometimes settle for picking up a non-rare after looking around, and I've often found rare eggs turn up in that second phase.

So painfully true sad.gif

If i want a rare egg,i just go to the ap and keep refreshing and waiting and eventually something good comes up.

Another way is go the different biomes and jump from one to another till you see a rare one.i have done this twice and i saw a silver and xenowyrm this way.its quite easy.its just hard getting a certian rare dragon but i guess you can find a rare dragon or two that you dont want and then try and trade it for a caveborn or bred one of one that you do want.

Killing my eyes in cave all days long when I need a rare =( Most of times I miss it as bad ping or idk.

Well, I never had any problems with catching the eggs I want. It's a very cool (the best, may be) part of the game for me. It's challenge. That's what I always liked here. What I don't like is all this whining and speculations about "omfg, how can I catch rare", or "guyz are using bots, they're stealing our eggs", and I hate the guts out of "those hoarders, they already have so much, give others a chance" folks.

First, I spent a lot of time hunting for rare eggs. Having and spending more time really helps, that's obvious tongue.gif

I have some personal tips that might work only for me, like I never refresh the page via F5, but just click the logo and put the mouse back immediately; I'm not sure whether it's convinient for other players.

What else? Learn the descriptions by heart, and focus on certain words without reading the entire description. Change browser for faster ones (you, happy Linux users! You have all the cards!). Try hunting in unusual times (like early in the morning or late at night). Practice clicking. Read ancient egyptian spells. Do some alchemy. Try asking local demon spirits for help.

The local demons called me a nerd for playing Dragon Cave sad.gif

EDIT: Well damn... Just caught a cb blusang linwurm and a gold dragon...

WTF just got another blusang what is this???

Edited by AndyFromStateFarm

The local demons called me a nerd for playing Dragon Cave sad.gif

EDIT: Well damn... Just caught a cb blusang linwurm and a gold dragon...

WTF just got another blusang what is this???

view/Fq6sK

view/h8lRz

view/vSy1C

Wasn't even joking wink.gif

~Eggspam Removed~

Edited by _Z_