Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

Judging from the single cb silver I caught so far... patience and luck! I waited >4 years for that moment to see a silver sitting in the forest with noone there to grab it before me laugh.gif

Doesn't help with little trees though. ;(

I see leetle trees fairly often in the forest - just stalk the forest. If one pops up, it usually sits there for a while because most users already have one and can't pick it up.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Luck and patience.

Though I usually play on my ipad so it's kinda easier to grab eggs I guess. tongue.gif

Dumb luck. xd.png Once in a while I get something nice in a trade. And once I was gifted a CB gold! But mostly luck.

This may sound kind of silly, but I use mental techniques, in particular positive imaging. I position my mouse over the rightmost egg and picture the description appearing on a refresh: "This egg gives off a beautiful glow." The egg is coming. I convince myself it will be the next egg, and I will be ready for it. I see myself clicking on it, and the screen with the codes appearing afterwards. It will be the next egg, and I will grab it. There is no question in my mind. Then, when the next egg is a Silver, it is almost anticlimactic. Because I knew it was going to be. Events follow just as I pictured them. The Silver is mine (sometimes xd.png).

The only problem (aside from frequent misclicks) is that I need to vividly picture the description in my mind for this technique to help. So if I am preparing myself for a Silver, and instead a Copper or Gold appears, I am often too slow to grab it.

In the past I have actually taken a screenshot of a rare appearing in the cave (that I was too slow to catch), and then bringing up the picture, positioning my mouse over the egg and burning the image into my mind in preparation for hunting, so I can recognize the situation in a split second when it occurs.

"The Secret" uses that technique for anything you want in life, Tecca smile.gif I hear it actually works. How successful has it been for you if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Wahya

I'm usually on DC on my iPad so I usually just have a finger on the refresh symbol and mass spam it at five minute interval and just tapping on any egg that is rare and appears as fast as I can. Really helps to memorize the descriptions. I have ALL of them memorized by heart so I can immediately tap on them when the description that I wanted comes up ^^ caught my three CB Blusang eggs currently sitting on my scroll that way biggrin.gif

For me it is something that has developed over time; I "react" to words exclusive to that particular breed's description. So I don't need to read whole descriptions; I just quickly scan the cave and if the word pops up, I get a little kick somewhere in my wrist, which sometimes makes my mouse go haywire and causes me to lose the egg. But it's very useful for staying awake in classes, I just need to visualise "This egg gives off a beautiful glow" in my head and ta-da, I'm awake xd.png

How do I catch a rare? The trading threads...

That's the only thing that works for me. Internet is ho hum, computer is ho hum. Reflexes are ho hum...

LOL. Or that xd.png

I check at the five minute intervals. I sometimes stay for 2-3 minutes when things are circulating quickly, but every give minutes is pretty good for me.

I also generally stalk the quieter biomes, so that there are fewer people to compete with.

I usually won't spend much time at the biomes and I trade very rarely, perhaps only once (a chicken or a cheese I guess)... These things cause too much time and energy. But over time, the rares just appeared and I clicked on them, sometimes I got them, and sometimes I got a metal. smile.gif

Edited by ishlia

Internet is ho hum, computer is ho hum. Reflexes are ho hum...

^ This so much. Only that the trading threads don't work for me either since I keep being reminded that I don't have anything rare enough to trade for actual rares. ^^

Ah well, just means I have to keep on trying.

Though, lately I get the impression that I'm better at catching somewhat rare dragons on my cell. Apparently the smaller screen helps me to grasp what eggs there are more quickly. Not that it helped me much where CB Metals are concerned but when I'm on my the phone rather than the PC I do have more luck catching Unbreedables and the odd Trio dragon.

I breed alt dragons and then trade them xd.png that's the only reason I have a Thunder and Magma dragon! Also, the only two times I've ever seen CB Blusangs, I've been egglocked. FACK. I only have one Blusang, a very lucky catch off the AP. Very nice tinselkin lineage smile.gif

I like catching rares, it's fun! I basically just look at an atomic clock (with the accurate seconds) and click on all biomes when it's 1 second past the certain drop. If there's anything good, I'll click on it (occassionally I'll be desperate and click repeatedly haha.)

I've found the best time to hunt for me is just after a new release (its a bit harder to do now)

I catch the new eggs right near the beginning so mine are among the first to hatch then I go hunting while most other players are still trying to get the new eggs

sadly the rarest things I've caught are 2 CBs Coppers

I go into the cave one minute before every drop (such as 4:29, 4:34, 4:39, 4:44, etc). Then I refresh the page for until the drop occurs. Then...well... I grab the rare egg I'm looking for.

A tip for snagging the rares is to memorise keywords. So if you're looking for a CB Blusang, focus on finding the word "brine" or "faintly" as these words are unique to the breed. As soon as you see the word, move and click as fast as you can.

Spam click the egg a million times to give you confidence if you need to wink.gif

Don't take my advice though as the only CB rare I've ever caught is a cheese dragon 3mins ago...

Only CB rare was a GW , I didn't do any tricks just clicked through the biomes and saw the golden description so I grabbed it. smile.gif

I go into the cave one minute before every drop (such as 4:29, 4:34, 4:39, 4:44, etc). Then I refresh the page for until the drop occurs. Then...well... I grab the rare egg I'm looking for.

A tip for snagging the rares is to memorise keywords. So if you're looking for a CB Blusang, focus on finding the word "brine" or "faintly" as these words are unique to the breed. As soon as you see the word, move and click as fast as you can.

Spam click the egg a million times to give you confidence if you need to wink.gif

Don't take my advice though as the only CB rare I've ever caught is a cheese dragon 3mins ago...

I do this too. So far, I've been lucky. Just before and during the Halloween even I caught a Brown Copper and a Silver. Lately, it's been Dinos. If you're aiming for Dinos, have out at the Jungle...a lot! I recently caught two Dinos within 5 minutes of each other.

Don't miss the xx:00 drop!!!

I've more or less memorized the following words: metallic, reddish, soft, beautiful, and glow. I tend to instinctively click when I see them… which is how I end up with way more Brown Coppers than I ever need. :B It's not that difficult for me to collect Trios if I really try—I once caught 2 sets of each Trio in less than two days for a trade.

The only rares I've gotten are a cheese dragon, and a paper dragon. I believe I saw a dino egg at one point, but someone got it first.

Make sure my computer time is accurate within a few seconds of DC time, come a minute before a five minute drop, wait until a few seconds before the drop, mash f5, stare at rare for a second trying to process what it is, madly click on it with the scroll wheel, refresh, click another rare if there is one, repeat until rares are all gone, wait for next 5 min drop.

Although usually I skip most drops except the hour drop doing other stuff. tongue.gif

I've seen like three golds so far this way, didn't catch any though.

My hunting experience had been like this so far:

1. Refresh on the 5 minute drop

2. Summon the gods and goddesses from the underworld

3. Offer soul

4. Wait for miracle

5. Profit

The fact that I got rares means that this method is at least 50% effective. *nods*

My internet is slow so I've been considering a truce with Saruman.

The only dragon I haven't caught is a gold dragon, sometimes I'm surprised that rare egg catching is possible with a 1 mb internet connection (at times when no one is on, aka 1-5 am) on a crappy laptop (because it's somehow faster than my desktop's response). xd.png

Torkie's advice is super true too. Sometimes I just get too starstruck by seeing golds in the cave, I tend to miss them. Are we sure these are gold dragons and not the reforged rings? I swear it's like Sauron staring back at me. *nods*

But... But what if you have no soul to give? I mean... How would that work?

Generally, I refresh, recognize, read it really slow like a twit, realize what it is, CTRL+Click it, wait for the page to load, see emptiness, disappointment with a hint of "Nooooooooooooooo!"

I've never caught a 'rare' I mean occasionally I'm lucky and I'll immediately recognize some descriptions and my brain clicks knowing what they are, so I'll occasionally get things like Nebulas and Blusangs. Other than those two, nah. I like once found a cheese in the AP, and I've caught like maybe 2 papers on my own? that's it .w.

I'm much better at negotiating for some CB rares than I am at catching them .w.

Do it the classic way! Kidnap a pure dragon master and offer their soul. The more passion they have for dragons, the better. *nods*

Also, hngh Blusangs! They're oddly rarer to see than cheese, papers, and chickens nowadays. o.o Or is this only me and my biased heart burning in the flames of the volcano? xd.png

*shrugs*

> seen more almandines than blusangs in the past week

> haven't caught anything

> welp

I generally suck at trading, but I'm happy reds are in-demand.

Must take advantage of the BSA rage. xd.png

I have a knack for Blusangs and Nebulas. I should really try and trade off gender fail Nebulas. Neh.

Really? Heck I see them every so often then again my Biomes of choice are Alpine, Coast, and Desert. Occasionally the other two. So maybe that's why?

*nod nod* BSA rages must definitely be taken advantage of.

In about 6 hours I'll be able to do some hunting again so we'll see how that turns out, I'll take your advice on the Dragon Master's soul thing. Hm...

Mostly I don't. In my almost 6 years on Dragon Cave I've managed to catch 3 CB rares (not counting the dragons we get for the 3 different holidays) and had 3 others gifted to me. Any non-cb rares I have were either gifted to me or bred my me.

Most of the time I'll hang around the Departures thread and I'm lucky enough to catch a Rare or two that way. My most recent catches have been a CB trio set and a Cheese.

My first CB rares however were gifted by very kind people.

And I've caught a few CBs in the cave, but that's pretty rare for me. I think my record is 2 CB Magmas, 1 CB Thunder, 3 CB Tans, and 2 or 3 CB Red dorsals. Some of those I gifted to others and kept the rest.

I also have a friend that's always hunting around for me. He doesn't really care about the lineages, so if he manages to catch a CB of anything like reds or pinks, etc he often gifts them to me in exchange for bred eggs of rare dragons. ^^