Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

I like Halloween

let those other 70 people on the AP hunt for Halloweens... I take what the biomes give me. smile.gif

This. I just caught a chicken on the hourly drop at 11. There were two other people in the biome. I love Halloween biggrin.gif

As I'm more interested in filling in the gaps in my collection than just getting any rare or uncommon egg... I have pretty much all egg descriptions and egg images memorized so I can just surf through the biomes or stalk the AP whenever I'm bored enough to go hunting. Just caught myself a blue dino egg out of the jungle a day or two ago while running around at obscene hours of the night where I only see one or two people in a biome, maybe five. With the halloween obsession, its rather nice. I've already gotten my shadowwalkers I missed last year and picked up a pumpkin to give myself a pair, so been filling in the blanks while waiting for the new dragon and making sure I don't lock myself up.

I, myself, have only just begun, but I can tell everyone the secrets of my husband and two kids who have been playing for a while now. CB metallics? Not one yet, for either of them, but they hunt on the AP late at night and first thing in the morning. They say they focus all of their attention in the AP on the very bottom row and usually find them there as the last three eggs. Between the three of them, they have every kind of dragon except for the gold shimmer scale.

They use the Firefox and Opera browsers with pop-ups disabled and continually hit F5. Again, it's usually the time of day and watching that bottom row, along with knowing exactly what egg you're looking for, then they click on that egg over and over and over. They will get a message that says they couldn't find the egg they were looking for, but it's actually because they spaz-click and end up with it anyway. It's works for them more often than not. I have yet to try any of this out since I'm only hunting down CBs. I hope this helps.

Stand around in the AP F5ing like a boss for Daydreams, see a rare, click frantically, and pound my fist on the desk when I can't find the egg I am looking for in the abandoned area.

Well I mostly biome hop and have managed to catch cb metallics and cb coppers this way.

mystyic

I just go wandering around the biomes and AP, and when I see a rare, I just click it. I usually don't get it, but it works sometimes. *points to CB opalescent on scroll*

I get them from threads like 'take an egg leave an egg', and the departures thread. I can't catch rares. My phone internet won't let me come even close to competing for them. I one time lost a cb gold when it said I was the only one in the biome :/

Other rares are strictly gifted to me.

Since my internet stinks and my arm is broken..... Joy's of the season you know.... clicking anything is a challenge....

Of late I have to pray everyone else is asleep at the wheel.

Just keep trying that's the way.

I tend to biome-hop too and just see what's there. Haven't caught a CB metallic in a long time, but lately I've snagged a Blusang, a couple of Golden Wyverns, an Ice, a Seasonal, and a whole load of Green Opals and Nhiostrifes.

I had space for 6 eggs today, i went to Alpine to look for something rare... (just 5 Minutes ago)

After taking a few commons, i saw this description "This egg gives a beautiful glow." i wait a moment to long, since i NEVER saw this description in the cave (really, i´m a few years here and never say that in the cave...), but i was to slow.

I looked in Dragon cave Wiki, just to see, that it was a SILVER....

I hate myself for waiting a moment to long... i don´t have any cb gold/silver dragons and i just got 3 cb coppers (one brown was a gift and i got the other two through trades with nice users)

;___;

Everyone has CB Silvers or CB Golds on thier scrolls and i have missed my first chance to get one!

That is really annoying and depressing...

I had space for 6 eggs today, i went to Alpine to look for something rare... (just 5 Minutes ago)

After taking a few commons, i saw this description "This egg gives a beautiful glow." i wait a moment to long, since i NEVER saw this description in the cave (really, i´m a few years here and never say that in the cave...), but i was to slow.

I looked in Dragon cave Wiki, just to see, that it was a SILVER....

I hate myself for waiting a moment to long... i don´t have any cb gold/silver dragons and i just got 3 cb coppers (one brown was a gift and i got the other two through trades with nice users)

;___;

Everyone has CB Silvers or CB Golds on thier scrolls and i have missed my first chance to get one!

That is really annoying and depressing...

I don't have a Cb gold and patiently continue to search. It will eventually pay off.

I've just gotten my first CB gold last week, thought i'd never get it since I hesitated but somehow I did:) i don't have a CB silver though, and only one CB copper from a couple weeks ago that I snagged in the Cave; I rarely ever see the metallics at all and they're the ones I have so much trouble catching:/

I recently did a massive scroll cleaning, as I'm looking to keep only CBs, to start new lineages. Which means I have no more metallics.

Regarding the ones that I did own - caught them in the AP, while other two were gifted to me. All of them had messy lineages. My plan for the following weeks - stalk the Cave entrance until I recover all of them. I saw a few these past couple of days, but my Internet wasn't fast enough.

This. I just caught a chicken on the hourly drop at 11. There were two other people in the biome. I love Halloween biggrin.gif

Thats why I named my magma" Molten Distraction"

I only got him because everyone was distracted by the AP eggs. Same for my Ice dragon(Christmas). Hoping to find a thunder on Valentines day.

Simple, I don't catch them. That's why they're called RARE.

EDIT: I rely of gifting and scheduled drops

Doesn't help with little trees though. ;(

I don't catch rares. I'm too slow, my wifi's too slow, I have no chance whatsoever. I mostly rely on gifting and trading threads, but I also use the AP from time to time.

I'm very surprised I managed to get any rares at all, since I always hesitate when I see one.

The cave is pretty much the only way I can get them, because I'm noticing that trade-wise, all people want for CB rares/metallics are either CB Golds/Silvers (even if that's what they're offering, which I find incredibly stupid) or 2nd-gen Prizes. Not everyone can get those...

Not to mention, almost everything in the AP is messy/inbred.

I just click back and forth through all the biomes and the AP waiting to see something nice. It works pretty well for me, though it can take a little while.

So... Halloween ( Or Christmas either) might be prime hunting time for CB metals? AFTER all, a lot of people are gonna be locked with Halloween/ Christmas eggs and hunting for them.

How do I catch a rare? The trading threads...

That's the only thing that works for me. Internet is ho hum, computer is ho hum. Reflexes are ho hum...

I just sit in the biomes usually for very long hours. I see a ton of things pass through since everything switches at 5 minute drops and hour drops. My labtop is pretty darn fast so I can catch CB Metals. I do not see them too often though. Just traded off a Silver and Red Copper today and yesterday ^^

HOW do I catch a Rare? Very rarely.

Lucky you. xd.png

How do I catch a rare? Thus far, not at all. (Unless you count the CB coppers I got on the day of their release. Somehow, I just knew this breed was going to be rare.)

Luck and sitting in a biome for a while.

CB Ice I always get in a 5 minute drop.

My CB red copper I got just after a 5 minute drop, much luck while hopping biomes really biggrin.gif