Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

I click like a madperson, but my computer's slow, so...yeah. Plus, my mind only goes at, like, twice the speed of light.

But what I noticed interesting was that a lot of people here "hunt" specific eggs. Does anyone here just randomly search for "rare eggs" in general?

Yes, i do- but i tend to fail more than i succeed (aka hours of refreshing with no luck and then i settle for something i didn't search for but liked after i got it anyway)

I just search for rare eggs, but not in the AP as that basically means noone wants it (Or at least it does to me!) UNLESS i suspect someone was about to drop a tinsel/metallic. Apparently, in my logic, freshly caught is better than old and stinky- this may hold true for fish. I just go by gut feeling, but strangely it is often correct, even though i don't get them most of the time. blink.gif (due to over-refreshing stupidity) But hey, i don't usually need CB rares to keep on my scroll unless it's a GW or metallic. All the others i tend to trade more than i keep.

I want your speed. I stare at it for a few seconds to comprehend what i just saw- (usually causing me to miss it) but on occasion i will click on it in less than half a second without even knowing what i just clicked; (i time myself in my head. dontkillmeplease) i blame Wajas' whack-a-waja (mole? i can't remember.) where i HAVE to click on it in less than half a second to make my Waja better. D: But yeah, a fast computer does help a little but you've got to have good reflexes, even if unexpected, most of the time, in order to get the rare you've been hunting for... Okay MAYBE Project Nyoka has something to do with it, but still. wacko.gif

Sarcasm has been kept to a minimum in this post. Time me if you don't believe me, give me a specific goal in time and i will probably fulfill it. Call me a maniac but i am an extremely fast clicker that has to do so every day. If you tell me otherwise i will explain to you why through PM.

Also, before i depart from the forums, i need to say something: I rarely see CB metallics, so those of you that see them often, you're so lucky. D:

This is all very helpful (I didn't know any of this before!) but how do i know which eggs are rare? i still haven't quite figured that out yet. I can't tell a common dragon from a rare one.

For new releases, I just camp out in the main cave until I catch one.

For random rares, well... I don't really need to since I have all the dragons so far. If there's something special I need for a lineage, I just trade for it.

I scroll over the third egg and continuously press F5.

I was doing this to try and obtain one of the new eggs, and in the second slot, a cheese! i was SO mad, I had already clicked the third egg. Why me?! blink.gif

I kind of glide over all the biomes and then click like crazy if I see one. Sometimes I stick in one place (like when I was trying to get a stupid CB nebula after missing 21) My current missed metallic count ratio to cb metallics on my scroll is 14:0. I keep track of crazy numbers if you can't already tell. You can probably also see that my method doesn't seem to be very successful....

I still haven't seen a CB magma yet, hopefully now the volcano will move faster now that the censorkip.gif dragon has now appeared.

Edited by Ashywolf

Most of my rare-catching ability comes from being blessed with a fast internet connection. There are a few small tricks I use, though.

1) Always go for the rightmost egg. All other eggs in the line (except for the instant a drop starts) have been sitting there longer, so the chances of finding a rare in one of the other slots is a lot lower.

2) If you're hunting for an egg in a particular biome, but there aren't currently any eggs there, get yourself ready by using another biome to gauge where the egg link will appear. For example, when hunting for brines I pop over to the alpine, locate where on the screen the rightmost egg is, use my finger as a placeholder, and then return to the coast and align my mouse with where the egg will appear. Then simply refresh and wait!

3) If you find yourself often having a few open slots, try grabbing a bunch of eggs in slow-moving biomes before you go to bed. Right-click them, open in a new tab, and then refresh. If you're lucky, removing that caveblocker will usher in a rare egg, and since it's a slow biome, everyone might be too dull-eyed to notice! Even if your efforts fail, you can just dump all the common eggs you grabbed when you wake up.

2) If you're hunting for an egg in a particular biome, but there aren't currently any eggs there, get yourself ready by using another biome to gauge where the egg link will appear. For example, when hunting for brines I pop over to the alpine, locate where on the screen the rightmost egg is, use my finger as a placeholder, and then return to the coast and align my mouse with where the egg will appear. Then simply refresh and wait!

If you play the game long enough you memorize the location of the egg links in the Cave. Sad but true.

I've found that while not perfect, Ctrl-click works well. But not on Safari. Also, use the default scroll background; it loads faster.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

It takes sleight-of-hand and luck to get a rare.

Therefore, CB Rares are only owned by plucky people.

Each rare has its own value. Some are better than others.

Rarity list:

(least valuable rares at top)

GW [actually an uncommon, people consider it a rare]

Cheese

Paper

Dino

Vampire

Ice

Thunder

Magma

Stripe

Black

Seasonal

Silver

Gold

Neglected [isn't that ironic?]

(most valuable rares at bottom)

>Tinsels have floating value based on gen, high gens are worthless, low gens equal a gold or more.

>Holidays also have different values, Holly is the most coveted.

>CB is much more valuable than lineaged

Sit there like a derp with my cursor over the third egg until I see something I want, then spaz click. And since I always hunt Desert, this is how I end up with CB Thunders. <3

I put my cursor over the third egg on the main page and press F5 over and over. If I see one pop into that spot, I click.

This is what I do, too, but it certainly isn't helping me catch the brine eggs or the tsunami eggs right now. I've only gotten one brine egg and the only tsunami egg I got was off the abandoned page and is not a cave-born egg. Heck, just this last egg drop, I couldn't even catch a dang PINK egg!

This is what I do, too, but it certainly isn't helping me catch the brine eggs or the tsunami eggs right now. I've only gotten one brine egg and the only tsunami egg I got was off the abandoned page and is not a cave-born egg. Heck, just this last egg drop, I couldn't even catch a dang PINK egg!

I can catch pink eggs all the time; it's just the hype and the fact that new dragons are there for us to nab is why you can't catch anything; the more blockers, the better it is for some, and worse for others.

Scan the biomes, see an irregular description, flail wildly with a side of clicky-fingers, and hope for the best. ;D

With luck.. lots of luck... ^^"

Or, when I don't have anything special what i am hunting for... I camp with my empty scroll in a biome where not many people are around.. and then quickly grab anything that comes across. (refreshing and open all eggs in tabs). Then 5 hours later I dump what I cannot use and repeat the game xd.png

Since last halloween I've never been successful at all in catching anything off the new release biomes or the AP, even with no java and no images in firefox

When I go hunting for something specific, I memorize one unique word in its description. When I go into the biome to hunt, I settle my mouse over the rightmost egg. I let my mind empty and my focus to fade out. I start refreshing, only looking for the one word. When I see, I click.

Though 99% of the time I never catch a really rare egg.

Spam the refresh button.

Also, what does F5 do? I use a mac, and when I press F5 + fn nothing happens...

Edited by sushi9

Spam the refresh button.

Also, what does F5 do? I use a mac, and when I press F5 + fn nothing happens...

Command+R for refresh. It depends on what computer you're using, but my F5 button is to dim the backlight for my keyboard.

Just found out how to turn off Java and images in Chrome. I managed to get a CB white, which is pretty awesome for me xd.png. After that, I saw a paper and two Nebulas go by in the desert. I almost never even SEE rares let alone pick one up. So now I know to always turn off Java and Images. It helps a LOT.

I never have any luck, because when i find one and click on it, google takes so long to load, that i lose it. Usually followed by the "Google Chrome could not find you page" page.

Command+R for refresh. It depends on what computer you're using, but my F5 button is to dim the backlight for my keyboard.

Ok, thanks.

8|. Totally whine at various Biomes and snatch up the first rare that takes pity on me (I wish. |D).

I'm kindly gifted by friends. <3. http://dragcave.net/lineage/nuTqa CDM, you sweetheart! :3 Foiurth thing I've been gifted by them. :3. They're the best. 8D

When it's a new release, I use the mobile version of the site in Chrome with java disabled. Then just pick either the middle or the right egg, put one finger on F5 and one on Ctrl and refresh+ctrl click until I get something.

Other rares depend more on luck. Every caveborn rare I've ever caught has just been while browsing through the biomes and happening upon it. If I'm lucky there aren't many other people there and I saw it first. I don't often settle in one biome, typically I go through them one at a time and then repeat until I find something. Takes away the monotony of sitting there staring at the same 3 eggs.

You know what i do?

I go to the caves and click on random biomes at X:59 until the eggs show up(the AP is usually stocked full so it almost always has the "massive pile of eggs" link)

and then i see a rare description and click the middle button on the mouse over it.

still have yet to get any metals, a magma, or stripes...

Edited by IcarusTheDragon