Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

look VERY CLOSE to the screen, place your cursor in the third egg, refresh, click on instict, CLOSE ENOUGH

For all my catching needs, I use a laptop pad. It sucks so bad but somehow I managed to catch 6 shadow walkers, 3 Bone Marrows, and 3 Pumpkins this Halloween + more for gifting.

I'm not sure if it's the time I'm online or if I'm improved but I basically stalk the AP (not much of a cave born hunter...) and if I see it early enough, I'll click really quickly, if I'm dreaming and notice it I usually don't. Sometimes, though, there are hardly any people there and I click on it after refreshing a few times, and I've actually gotten it! I got a black hatchling and a CB Pink (just a few minutes ago!). <333

Sit there an wait

Murder the F5 button

Refresh like crazy

Refresh over something good

Hate the world

Start over, you'll get something eventually

Also, in the cave, knowing key words of descriptions helps a lot.

At least, this is how I got most of my uncommons. Only ever caught one Gold in the AP, all my other metallics are from some awesome gifters.

By using the computers in the library with faster internet than at home ...

Hunting eggs with my own computer at home really sucked, cause the cave always needed 20-30 seconds to load right after the hour drop.

Just now I am at the library of my university, on the hour drop, and got a CB Golden Wyvern.

Great.

I sit over my machine and refresh. And refresh. And refresh.

I also did this when I was on dialup at 28k.

The success rate was much the same as it is on any machine I have ever tried. What makes the difference is the exact instant the page in front of YOU hits your screen. If that is the exact same instant the egg drops - you get it.

I wait for the hourly drop (usually in desert first), put my cursor over the third egg, and ready my F5 finger.

I wait for the hourly drop (usually in desert first), put my cursor over the third egg, and ready my F5 finger.

Same as Dark, except I ctrl f5 so I don't have to look and backtrack, and can keep going as fast as possible.

Well, since my net is a wee bit slow, I just clicked at each of the biomes,(because it loads much faster rather than refreshing), setting my eyes on the third slot biggrin.gif

Earned me some Luminas, a Dino I traded away, and my CB Ice biggrin.gif

And if it's holiday catching, then I turn off the Java image thingy, and do as above biggrin.gif

Edited by azurewingsofwind

On the hourly drop, I turn off images, disable java script, and position my cursor over the first egg slot since all three eggs will be new and have an equal chance of being rare. If the three new eggs are common, I begin switching between biomes, looking for one that contains an uncommon egg. If I find such biome, I'll position over the third egg slot and wait 'til the uncommon egg is grabbed, refreshing like crazy in hopes that I can grab a rare when someone else picks up the uncommon. Caught a Silver late last week and just picked up a Tsunami on the hourly drop by using this technique.

Also, it helps to be lucky! laugh.gif

I click between biomes until I find an egg that looks like somebody will choose(like a pillow or some other uncommon egg I wasn't looking for). I refresh, and hope that egg will be replaced by a rare.

Repeats process...

I click between biomes until I find an egg that looks like somebody will choose(like a pillow or some other uncommon egg I wasn't looking for). I refresh, and hope that egg will be replaced by a rare.

Repeats process...

Same or waste hours waiting xd.png

However I got most of my rares/uncommons from friends gifts c:

I wish I could get more rares than I currently have, but I catch papers like no one's buisness? xd.png The only cb metal I have was a lovely gift. 8>

*ctrl + f5 madness* ;-;

Edited by Ashes The Second

it depends on what i'm lookign for, normally i hunt like:

this

Repeats process...

this

3rd spot, f5, @ 2 in the morning *snicker*

and this on the weekands only replace 2am with 10pm EST+

i've gotten numerous Nebula, and a hand full of blacks and stripes this way plus i've stumbled on a few CB Metals (but was only fast enough to snag one cause i'm already pressing f5 by the time the description registers xd.png

i have a differnet methods when i'm specifically hunting a certain breed though *nods*

I just keep refreshing the habitat pages until I come across a description that I know belongs to a rare egg.

I grab many eggblockers often. Since I have 7 egg slots, I use those slots to grab a blocker at the right (in a new tab), refresh, and grab again. Repeat until egglocked or you're tired of blockers :P

This got me stripes, blacks, trios, and my only metallic -- a CB silver I'm never breeding :P

Sit and wait. Have my cursor over the third egg to the right. I see a single word in the description of the egg I want, I click. Or I just hop from biome to biome and get ready to click. During cave drops, hold the cursor over the third egg or over something I know someone's going to grab.

Or, as is the case last night, sit in a biome for a few minutes, go to another area, see the description, and try to get. Got me my gold I've been hunting for for weeks.

Edited by Flareguardian

I don't last long in drops. tongue.gif

If I don't get anything in the first minute, I give up.

I hope I get lucky. When I was going for a CB Ice, I got a CB gold. So sometimes they just randomly appear when you least expect it. All of my CB silvers came when I was hunting CB Nebulas in the Desert. Not a single CB silver came from another biome. As for my CB Ices, almost all traded for. I catch CB silvers better than I catch CB Ices. Disappointing, because I adore CB Ices. dry.gif

I've gotten my best rares by biome hopping and having "ZOMGRARETHING*clickclickclickclick*. Otherwise, I hit refresh in a biome until either I bust or something pretty pops up.

Though. I have a bad problem of gawking at descriptions for a couple seconds before clicking.

I hope I get lucky. When I was going for a CB Ice, I got a CB gold. So sometimes they just randomly appear when you least expect it. All of my CB silvers came when I was hunting CB Nebulas in the Desert. Not a single CB silver came from another biome. As for my CB Ices, almost all traded for. I catch CB silvers better than I catch CB Ices. Disappointing, because I adore CB Ices. dry.gif

I'd happily take one if you don't want it. xd.png

I biome jump. Then I put my fast computer to good use, it's caught me so many CB rares. Pretty much all there is to it.

I click like a madperson, but my computer's slow, so...yeah. Plus, my mind only goes at, like, twice the speed of light.

But what I noticed interesting was that a lot of people here "hunt" specific eggs. Does anyone here just randomly search for "rare eggs" in general?