Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

what I would prefer to know, which browser do you use?

Google Chrome. It's fast, very fast.

Google Chrome. It's fast, very fast.

I agree, Chrome is the fastest there is, besides a few of the ones very few people have heard of. The ones with only the most basic features are fastest.

I prefer Firefox with images and javascript disabled. I also disable most non-essential OS functions and other programs if I'm hunting hard stuff. I can catch most of what I want without much effort. CB metals are just insane though. I haven't tried for trios for a while, because I don't have much patience for anything. >.>

There is at least one cb gold/silver at every hour so persistence almost always works.

I don´t have luck with catching Gold or Silver eggs in the main Cave. Today I was searching for 3 hours and I saw no single metallic.

I don´t have luck with catching Gold or Silver eggs in the main Cave. Today I was searching for 3 hours and I saw no single metallic.

me too. Sometimes I hunt for 6 hours, with short breaks, and don't see any..

I don't belive that there is 1 cb metal every hour. that is too much.

tongue.gif The danger of quoting of out context ..

I was referring to back when I started playing...in 2008. Of course there aren't one every hour anymore...

me too. Sometimes I hunt for 6 hours, with short breaks, and don't see any..

Back when there was a glitch that made metallics common, there was indeed one or two every hour. That has not been the case in many months, however, nor was it the case years ago.

What I do is flip between the Cave and AP. It gets me more AP finds than Cave finds, but it works for me. If the Cave's really boring, I'll just F5 the AP.

I think my first metal was a CB Silver, can't remember though. First or second. Back then was when I didn't care about lineages so I just thought 'Whee shiny!', but now I'm more grateful for it.

I wished they will be common for 1/2 hours. xd.png

But I knew it will never happen.

I wished they will be common for 1/2 hours. xd.png

But I knew it will never happen.

I love them to become common for 1/2 hour as well laugh.gif

But, knowingly they won't x]

ha.when i first joined i saw plenty of cb golds and didn't know what they were so i never clicked.now i want one

In my case sheer stubborness, persistence and dumb luck. I was on the cave proper in the right hand position early on a Sunday morning in May like 7:07 a.m. approximately when a cb silver dropped right into my position. GOTCHA. Celebrations ensue for a week. The little devil has only produced one common egg for me so far but I'll keep breeding him until the end of time attempting to get a second gen silver. laugh.gif

ha.when i first joined i saw plenty of cb golds and didn't know what they were so i never clicked.now i want one

When my sister had a DC account, she never knew that a CB Gold was valuable. Now days, we're both trying to catch one xd.png aha

If I'm unlocked and bored without anything better to do I'll refresh the main cave for hours, but I've also caught nice things in the AP, so I also flick between the main cave and the AP a lot in search of rares too.

It takes fast clicky hands/fast reflexes/fast internet connection or a combo of those to catch rares sometimes. xd.png

If I see a rare in the AP, I usually assume it's for a trade, but I still try for it. I can always give it back if I catch it, and if it wasn't for a trade, yay for me!

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Back in the day a cb black was worht nothing...now I wish I would have grabbed more than one. Maybe all...half of my silvers would have had mates then. I am still baffled, has anyone yet to see a gold drop in the AP...or a silver (thought I don't care about silvers anymore however with my infertil main silver female I might thing again about that statment O.O still need more CB blacks for mayes v.v)

I've read in the congrats thread about people catching CB gold / silver, I personally have only seen ONE silver in the cave =\

I mindlessly stalk the cave and / or AP, and if I see a long description or see a color I'm looking for etc and reflex click it. wink.gif

I click on things, pray I'm fast enough and then start over.

I know there was at least once, back when I first started, that I saw a CB black and thought "I don't need one of those". Now I'd give a less favored body part for one.

Right now I'm trolling through the endless rounds of "Catch and Release Spitfire" and praying one of these times I'll catch and it will be the Stripy that needs to come live with me instead.

I've recently begun to think that the cave gives me what I want when i'm not looking for it. That's how i caught my CB silver the other day. I wasn't even looking and voila, there it was. xd.png Just don't look for what you want, just randomly refresh. That's how I do it now.

@above post/poster: I thought that too. @_@ I had been told blacks were commons by some friends so i figured I'd get one later, and now my only CB black was an epic lucky catch.

Edited by Infinis

I agree with memorizing the descriptions. Also, try to catch a look at what the description of the rares looks like on your screen. Which words are under the egg or just on either side of it? A of of the egg descriptions vary in length. That means that you often have to shift your eyes to read a long one, then a short one, then a long one again. If you only have to focus your eyes in the same place you'll have more time to click.

I would also suggest going to the cave with the intention of only getting one type of egg, instead of going to grab whatever looks good. If you're there to get a gold and the only word you're looking for is "reflective", then you're more likely to grab a gold egg then if you're looking for a bunch of different key words.

~Sarah~

Go hunting for only one or two particular types at a time. Pick a key word or words out of the eggs description to look for because other wise, by the time you read the description, it'll be gone. (eg: silvers = "beautiful glow"; golds = "metallic" etc.)

Be prepared for what I call the OMG factor. Its what makes you hesitate going, 'OMG, is that what I think it is??' instead of clicking.

Time. You need lots of it. Rares are exactly that: rare. Metallics may only drop one in the cave a week. No one knows.

Good luck!

I refresh like a maniac. Thing is, my F5 is the brightness key on Windows 7 Dell.

Two words: departure boards.

I got my gold as a present from a guy who got my fog hatchling. blink.gif