TJ09

2010-07-31 - Iconator Icons

Due to issues involving images from"Iconator" being caught as malware by some users, iconator urls are being automatically filtered to block images.

Good to know. Thanks for the alert!

~Feathers

Thanks for the update TJ. Glad to Know things are now well

EDIT: 5th post. YES!

Edited by hibini

hasn't been an issue for me but good to know it won't be

So it's not just me. O.o Good. I was about to have a heart attack. -.-

Iconator? Did it installed anything on the server/your PC/any PC?

To people that don't understand: Iconator's an avatar/icon/wallpaper site that people can get avatars for free on. As long as your avatar isn't from Iconator (I doubt it is if you don't understand), I don't think you'll be affected at all.

I wondered where the warnings were coming from. Didn't think it would be from there. O_o

Thanks TJ.

To people that don't understand: Iconator's an avatar/icon/wallpaper site that people can get avatars for free on. As long as your avatar isn't from Iconator (I doubt it is if you don't understand), I don't think you'll be affected at all.

I wondered where the warnings were coming from. Didn't think it would be from there. O_o

Thanks TJ.

OOOHHH! So you have to download it to use it, right? You cannot use the links?

Thanks for the heads up TJ. I had something try to get through yesterday but I doubt it came from here but this site was the one of the two I had up xd.png

Do whatever as long as it helps the site run better. Thanks bunches!! Sometimes I wonder if you even have a life or if you spend your days on dc.... Lolz biggrin.gif

OOOHHH! So you have to download it to use it, right? You cannot use the links?

Malware, spyware, viruses, etc. will not ask permission to download themselves. I've never used iconator, but it sounds like an online site, which means if you go there you have a chance of getting infected by something.

Wow. Iconator used to be one of the best avatar providing sites there was. Sucks that there's issues with it. Hope Iconator can get it resolved soon. But at least for now less people will be effected. Thanks, Teej.