War Pig Killer

Starcraft II

If they're fantastic at micro you'd never have that many units.

Putting on constant pressure? Yeah but pressure can be fought off given sufficient macro. Micro needs to be supplemented by good macro in order to be effective.

Can I throw out a wild guess that you play Terran?

Edited by War Pig Killer

Putting on constant pressure? Yeah but pressure can be fought off given sufficient macro. Micro needs to be supplemented by good macro in order to be effective.

Can I throw out a wild guess that you play Terran?

Yea, I play terran.

A good microer/decent macroer will beat a good macroer/decent microer nearly 100% of the time.

Just throwing a large amount of units around the map is a sure-fire way to lose.

I can beat 200 supply with 50 if my opponent doesn't know how to micro, or can't.

Classic example. My opponent is terran. Goes MMM. Has massive army. He sends attack, doesn't micro, I meet him with small army with some high templars in it. His entire army is dead in seconds, and I walk over him.

I play Zerg, so of course I macro REALLY hard. I've been experimenting with getting a fast lair with good success - getting a queen after lair actually works better than fast queen. It lets you get a fast HydraDen/Spire for what ever you need, and/or a Nydus should you consider it.

It only takes basic micro to fight off some storms. Use the Marauders to focus fire the stalkers or HTs so they can't retreat and use the marines to focus fire the zealots. That's basic micro. I'd love to see a 50 supply army beat a giant MMM ball even with good micro. Maybe if you've caught them in a choke and they're funneling in one by one, then yeah.

I play Zerg, so of course I macro REALLY hard. I've been experimenting with getting a fast lair with good success - getting a queen after lair actually works better than fast queen. It lets you get a fast HydraDen/Spire for what ever you need, and/or a Nydus should you consider it.

It only takes basic micro to fight off some storms. Use the Marauders to focus fire the stalkers or HTs so they can't retreat and use the marines to focus fire the zealots. That's basic micro. I'd love to see a 50 supply army beat a giant MMM ball even with good micro. Maybe if you've caught them in a choke and they're funneling in one by one, then yeah.

Believe you me, you plan ahead, anticipate your enemy, and even with a few siege tanks on high ground you'll win with drastically lower supply against a great deal of land units. That's why my favorite strategy is to MMMVT, or marine, medic, marauder, viking and tank. Tank pushing always works, placing a turret or two around your tank is a sure-fire way to push into someone's base, and all you have to do is put some vikings and various other things nearby to allow you to push. If you can secure high ground early on you're guaranteed to keep that position until they bring in much more massive forces, but you've already secured the middleground and mostlikely have a few bases up, as well as an army being produced.

Believe you me, you plan ahead, anticipate your enemy, and even with a few siege tanks on high ground you'll win with drastically lower supply against a great deal of land units. That's why my favorite strategy is to MMMVT, or marine, medic, marauder, viking and tank. Tank pushing always works, placing a turret or two around your tank is a sure-fire way to push into someone's base, and all you have to do is put some vikings and various other things nearby to allow you to push. If you can secure high ground early on you're guaranteed to keep that position until they bring in much more massive forces, but you've already secured the middleground and mostlikely have a few bases up, as well as an army being produced.

You'd run into a bit of a problem with a corrupter/brood lord army, wouldn't you? Or a muta/brood lord. A critical mass of mutas is srs bsns.

I've actually heard a few whispers that Zerg is OP in the late game because of how quickly we can replenish our army after it's destroyed. They're not very loud though, to be fair.

You go on the battle.net forums at all? Personally I disagree with the whole 'Terran is OP' bit, but... yeah.

You'd run into a bit of a problem with a corrupter/brood lord army, wouldn't you? Or a muta/brood lord. A critical mass of mutas is srs bsns.

I've actually heard a few whispers that Zerg is OP in the late game because of how quickly we can replenish our army after it's destroyed. They're not very loud though, to be fair.

You go on the battle.net forums at all? Personally I disagree with the whole 'Terran is OP' bit, but... yeah.

That's where the vikings come in. microing vikings on broodlords will annihilate them. And mutalisks aren't that much of a problem, because marines will destroy them. But you have to micro hard for that.

Personally, my favorite thing to do with zerg are the infestors.

Terran isn't OP. We have a lot of options, but they can all be countered. MMMs can be countered real hard by protoss.

Big units in terran are slow as hell, and can't kill a mass of units. Plus we got nerfed.

That's where the vikings come in. microing vikings on broodlords will annihilate them. And mutalisks aren't that much of a problem, because marines will destroy them. But you have to micro hard for that.

Personally, my favorite thing to do with zerg are the infestors.

Terran isn't OP. We have a lot of options, but they can all be countered. MMMs can be countered real hard by protoss.

Big units in terran are slow as hell, and can't kill a mass of units. Plus we got nerfed.

Yeah those vikings drive me nuts. I played a match where I initially went Muta but tech switched to HydraRoach when I saw he had vikings and rolled him because 1, I overpowered him with sheer numbers, and 2, he didn't having anything to counter mass ground units.

I'm REALLY bad with infestors. I'd rather use blings to defeat a bioball. To be honest? They're easier to use. Plus you can burrow them and autocast unburrow, OR you can detonate them while they're burrowed. I'm thinking of spreading out tons of banelings in my next match to create a 'minefield' of sorts. Although to be fair, by the time I get that many blings, it'll be the late game.

I agree, Terran isn't OP. As Day9 put it, they're spending all their time complaining on forums when they could be spending that time playing and getting better. The problem is this though: How is MMM countered by Zerg? Marines SHRED Mutas and Marauders own HydraRoach, so do tanks. The only real option (In my mind) is MutaLing with some banelings and infestors mixed in. Have you seen an Overlord Carpet Bomb? It's AMAZING. I really wanna learn how to do it. In regards to balance, I feel like Zerg has a lot of tricks at their disposal that they just haven't properly utilized yet, the OL Carpet Bomb being one of them. Good Nydus usage also needs to be discovered, I think.

Yeah Terran's big disadvantage (especially when going mech) is mobility. You can kill a mass of units though - Siege Tanks in mass beat a mass of ground units and Thors will RAPE a critical mass of Mutas unless they use the magic box, and even then, they're more cost effective than Mutas. I've actually noticed that because of the lack of mobility, Terran mech just isn't used that much any more.

Well, not much can counter a MMMVT. Except banelings and possibly high templars, as they're not that easy to distinguish from zealots. They just look very similar, similar size, similar everything. Except they murder all small bio units.

Well, not much can counter a MMMVT. Except banelings and possibly high templars, as they're not that easy to distinguish from zealots. They just look very similar, similar size, similar everything. Except they murder all small bio units.

It feels like at that point, you'd be trying too hard to counter everything. I'd think that MutaLingBling would work well.

War pig you've been looking for a good zerg strategy? I found a video guide that might help.

Thanks! I'll try it out later today. I don't normally watch HD - I prefer Anharis or PsY, but he's had some good videos out there.

Awesome game.

I don't like that they started with Terran as first race (I am also really horrible with them). sleep.gif

I prefer Protoss or Zerg.

biggrin.gif

I will say that I wish they kept the Tauren Marines they had planned on putting in. Would have been insane!! And the reators and new add-ons are awesome.

I've concluded I like brood war more than SC2. I'm worse at it, but it's more fun.

Man do I suck at Multiplayer. I've played 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3, all have some losses with 1 win for each. I learned I suck at Zerg (for now) because the larva and base stuff gets all tangled up. Terran I'm okay at, but still get tangled up with it and what not, but if I get off a early or good nuke stuff looks good for the rest of the game. Haven't tried Protoss because I'm apprehensive about all it's fragile mechanics and mass micro, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

If you're playing in the lower league, micro isn't so important.

So does 5:30 bring out all the nubs or something? I 6-pooled a guy for the lulz and when I attacked his wall in, he pulled ALL of his workers to repair the structures. In the mean time, I was powering drones, so I ended up FUBARing his economy without even killing anything! It was my first 6 pool and it worked... differently than I expected. To be fair though, having three structures attacked by two lings each -does- make it rather hard to repair - I would've busted in eventually. I ended up getting him to mass siege tanks and I sent in a flock of mutas.

I tried put Protoss, it's okay. I Just love it when I do DT rushes, watching a enemy have it's units picked off with no detection, until something comes with detection (Like a scan), and the DTs die. But like the other races, I still suck, in one game I had a MotherShip and it died before it got 1 kill.

Even blizzard has said before that the mothership is more proof of your wealth that you can afford the danged thing.

Even blizzard has said before that the mothership is more proof of your wealth that you can afford the danged thing.

Yea... I call it the mother-censorkip.gif. Worthless, rather have another carrier.

It is sad that, since the new patches, I had to turn down my grafic settings. My Computer is good but I have to play SC2 with the lowest settings and it is only because of the fact that I work on a MAC, I know that it works better on an Windows with the same things I have, but I don`t want to install SC2 on Bootcamp and always when I want to play it I have to start that programm... sad.gif

It is sad that, since the new patches, I had to turn down my grafic settings. My Computer is good but I have to play SC2 with the lowest settings and it is only because of the fact that I work on a MAC, I know that it works better on an Windows with the same things I have, but I don`t want to install SC2 on Bootcamp and always when I want to play it I have to start that programm... sad.gif

Macs really aren't that good computers, you know. The hardware would've been good maybe 3 years ago or more. They're REALLY expensive for what you get. Not saying Macs are not a good buying decision, the hardware's just not good for gaming.

Anyway I beat one of my platinum clanmates earlier. I know he was just mucking about, but it was awesome! biggrin.gif He said I've easily got gold-level skills, which gives me hope for advancement.

War Pig, have you tried the custom games multiplayer section? Some of the games there are really fun.

But anyways, when it comes to the campaign I have been failing with the Meinhoff mission (I think it's called infestation). I cannot say no to the research, but when I try to get to the infestors flat out all my hellion army goes down the drain and stuff turns bad. Also having trouble in base defense in the mission, but I'm getting better at that.

Any tips? (Note, I'm doing it on hard mode)

Yeah I've been messing around on there, mostly with that DoTA remake.

Yeah I've been messing around on there, mostly with that DoTA remake.

I'll never touch another DotA so long as League of Legends remains awesome.

I'll never touch another DotA so long as League of Legends remains awesome.

VALVe's making DotA 2, you know. The original DotA:A guy is heading the project, so I'm REALLY excited to see if it'll overshadow LoL. I do play LoL, I'm just bad at it. Annie's my favorite/best champion so far.

Ever since the last patch I've been unable to play online, it gets stuck at "players found" and then just gives me a loss.

Ever since the last patch I've been unable to play online, it gets stuck at "players found" and then just gives me a loss.

That's weird - I haven't seen anyone on the BNet forums with the same problem and it's working fine for me. Have you called tech support yet?

It looks like this topic is dead but, does anybody have any tips for multiplayer? I have 7 wins and over 30 losses. sad.gif

I use protoss, I've never won with Terran or Zerg.

Edited by Piggywhiff

Play teamplay first. It helps, and you might get someone to carry you and give you tips.