War Pig Killer

Starcraft II

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to focus on playing more defensively early on, because I'm particularly vulnerable at that point.

So I got the first game yesterday plus Brood Wars. I have an old computer that I'm using for a dedicated LAN play computer. It's only good for StarCraft, but what it does, it does VERY well. I'm gonna LAN with my friend The Bug when he comes over next. SC1 is doing WONDERS for my microing. I'm just having trouble because I'm trying to play the Zerg like in SC2. It feels really restricted compared to SC2, because there are only a few units you can build as the zerg. You really need to rely on having good proportions of Hydralisks to Mutilisks as well as managing your economy. On the plus side, I'm also learning to expand more often.

The campaign is harder too. It's damned near impossible to sneak around a ridge filled with Terrans when they've got both Siege Tanks AND AA Guns >_> I tried a fail attempt one time where I had three overlords carrying hydralisks - they all got shot down by the AA Guns. I thought for sure that they would survive... -___-

beware, multiplayer on SC1 is NOTHING like multiplayer on SC2. Don't be lulled into false sense of confidence that because you can multiplayer on one of em that you can multiplayer on BOTH of them

beware, multiplayer on SC1 is NOTHING like multiplayer on SC2. Don't be lulled into false sense of confidence that because you can multiplayer on one of em that you can multiplayer on BOTH of them

I can't multiplayer on either - I'm rank 58 in bronze league in SC2 and I haven't even tried multiplayer in SC1.

DTD: I'm not sure you understand zerg's gameplay. Larvae are evolved into your units and they're spawned at hatcheries, your main base building.

EDIT: user posted image

Just had a great game against a Terran. Not bad for my first match tonight, eh? biggrin.gif I think I'm getting better. I'm rank 51 now too, btw.

Edited by War Pig Killer

I can't multiplayer on either - I'm rank 58 in bronze league in SC2 and I haven't even tried multiplayer in SC1.

DTD: I'm not sure you understand zerg's gameplay. Larvae are evolved into your units and they're spawned at hatcheries, your main base building.

EDIT: user posted image

Just had a great game against a Terran. Not bad for my first match tonight, eh? biggrin.gif I think I'm getting better. I'm rank 51 now too, btw.

Yup i do not undertand cuz i dont have the game LOoL

Ima Kill some1 for that game :c

I just got SC 2 tonight but I am a BIG fan of Starcraft 1 and I can't wait to get playing. I've been staying updated with the new units so...

Got the game, but this desktop would only be able to run it at minimum settings, if even that, so I'd probably need some new equipment to play it properly. Was a fan of the original SC, though, so I'll probably get into things soon enough

Starcraft is now my favorite game.I also have a question for Starcraft II players. Is it true that Wings of Liberty is only the Terran campaign and that the other campaigns will come out later? Because I really wanted to really play the Zerg mainly. The Terran campaign is good, but Zerg was my favorite in the first one.

Starcraft is now my favorite game.I also have a question for Starcraft II players. Is it true that Wings of Liberty is only the Terran campaign and that the other campaigns will come out later? Because I really wanted to really play the Zerg mainly. The Terran campaign is good, but Zerg was my favorite in the first one.

Yup, that's true. Wings of Liberty is only the Terran campaign. The next one that comes out will be the Zerg campaign. So, hopefully, you won't have to wait long for it to be out.

Yup, that's true. Wings of Liberty is only the Terran campaign. The next one that comes out will be the Zerg campaign. So, hopefully, you won't have to wait long for it to be out.

Adding to that, the WoL campaign is just as long as the three campaigns in the original put together. That means that this IS a full game, not just one third of a game, like some people are claiming. HotS (Zerg Campaign) will come out in 18 months, according to blizzard.

Ok, thanks for the info. And if this doesn't count as spam, I want to share this epic thing that happened in Starcraft. I was playing the Terran level where you had to wait 30 minutes. About 3 minutes until its over, I am Zerg Rushed. About over 50 Zerglings, Hydralisk, and Mutalisk came charging at my base. Although I tried my best to stop them, they killed all my defenses. They end up destorying everything but my supply depots. They had destoryed about two of them. The last one was almost destoryed when the gamed freezed and the dropships came. I had won at the last second.

Ugh. Epic losing streak. The only game I won was because the guy DCed >__>

Ugh. Epic losing streak. The only game I won was because the guy DCed >__>

I stand corrected! Just ended my losing streak in a ZvT matchup, me playing Zerg. It looks like he was going for a tank drop, cause I scouted an early factory and when I attacked, I saw a Starport. It's also possible he was going for quick banshees since there was a tech lab attached. I didn't see a fusion core, so he wasn't quick-teching to battlecruisers. I went MutaLing because of the factory I saw - I was afraid he was teching to thors, which has been a problem for me in the past. Luckily for me, he was building siege tanks, with which he couldn't attack my mutalisks. I sent the mutalisks to the back to attack his supply line while I took down the wall he built with speedlings. By the time he realized the zerglings were there, it was too late for him. The speed upgrade allowed them to kill the tanks before he realized the lings were there.

Replay: user posted image

Too bad I can't play on US servers.. Yet.

(48 days to go =D)

It connects to the server so you can play it everywhere in any country.

I am in the Netherlands but I've been playing with people all over the world. That's what I like, you don't have to pick a server anymore.

Downside though, is that you can't go to a chat channel like on SC classic and BroodWar.

Finished the WoL campaigns and am now walking the path of the normal difficulty. Can earn new points that way biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the Protoss campaigns to come biggrin.gif

Well, a diamond player who saw some of my replays thinks my play is at least silver level biggrin.gif So I'm laddering like crazy with a decent win loss record. I'm ranked 30th right now, and I keep going up and up and up!

I need to pick this game up ASAP. I was in beta for the longest time, mostly to mess around, but when it was released, I was a combination of "meh" and broke.

I usually only play 2v2, I need to perfect my building order and my micro skills before I move on to 1v1. That being said, I usually get stuck with morons in 2v2, you know the type, the ones that build only turrets or only collossi so that a single unit of air kills them.

I usually only play 2v2, I need to perfect my building order and my micro skills before I move on to 1v1. That being said, I usually get stuck with morons in 2v2, you know the type, the ones that build only turrets or only collossi so that a single unit of air kills them.

Eh generally you want to perfect macro before perfecting micro. What race do you play?

I've been wanting this game for a bit, when/if I get the game I plan on trying to play Terran (There's a reason behind this other than Terrans are human) and the Zerg, but there all fascinating races so I might also try Protoss. I've also been watching the professional commentary on youtube by HuskyStarcraft and HDstarcraft, they often commentate on pro-replays (Though Husky has been saying he also does low level match commentaries also).It's a good way to observe how others play and how to adapt your strategy. Killer, the one thing you said earlier about the probe predicament, you should attempt to take out anything with harvesters if it's all you got, even if what your trying to take out is just a scouting SCV or whatever.

Eh generally you want to perfect macro before perfecting micro. What race do you play?

Terran, I use 3v3 for other races.

Macro doesn't always win you matches, I find that micro matters more. Getting the most out of the units you do have is better than just having a lot of units being thrown aimlessly around the map.

I recently watched a commentary by HDstarcraft for a pro-level mirror Terran match up that had some very interesting results because one of the players did somthing you normally don't do in mirror match ups.

Remember the commentary is by HDstarcraft on youtube, this is NOT a rematch of something I've done. (Don't even have the game yet.)

Yay! A starcraft II player tongue.gif Zerg is pretty easy to play! Its the easiest race to learn too. I play protoss which is the hardest due to the fact protoss is heavy gas and hard to use.

I think about to buy myself the Collectors edition. It costs 72 Euro in my Country. I really love the stuff which is in the box (the Soundtrack, a DVD, USB Stick,...).

Yay! A starcraft II player tongue.gif Zerg is pretty easy to play! Its the easiest race to learn too. I play protoss which is the hardest due to the fact protoss is heavy gas and hard to use.

You... sure you're not playing Terran? Protoss isn't -that- gas heavy, and Zerg DEFINITELY is.

Nerendier: If you have many more units than the other guy though, you can destroy them even if they're fantastic at micro.

Nerendier: If you have many more units than the other guy though, you can destroy them even if they're fantastic at micro.

If they're fantastic at micro you'd never have that many units.