War Pig Killer

Starcraft II

So I just got it and I can't put it down - it's just too awesome <3 I want to learn how to play the zerg, but I'm playing through the campaign first. I can't wait until Heart of the Swarm comes out, the zerg campaign expansion biggrin.gif

Haven't got it yet because I'm poor, but I will get it soon. I've always played zerg, I can't wait to see what new things they've done with the race.

Been wanting it for awhile now, but I think my dad wants it even more. He jizzed when he saw the commercial a few days ago. XD Too bad we're low on money. :'c I want D3 more, though.

Edited by Ztarz

My bf got it yesterday and played through part of the campaign last night. It's awesome. I'll play though myself, once he is done.

There is one thing about Starcraft 2 that I hope Blizzard fixes real soon though. I hope they fix the fact that there is no LAN support for the game. I would love to play my bf in multiplayer, but it's stupid that we both have to connect to Battlenet in order to do so when our computers are on the same network.

Do want.

Probably won't get though. I stink enough at Starcraft, I don't need to go getting the sequel until I'm a slightly competent player, instead of a total noob.

Good Strategy game yes.....

Never played neither starcraft 1 or 2 but saw pictures/videos and gameplays

So i say its cool, and i would definitly play as the zerg tough i think its confusing to play as that race/specie :S if i ever have it ill maybe post a topic 4 the lovers of starcraft x'D

Good Strategy game yes.....

Never played neither starcraft 1 or 2 but saw pictures/videos and gameplays

So i say its cool, and i would definitly play as the zerg tough i think its confusing to play as that race/specie :S if i ever have it ill maybe post a topic 4 the lovers of starcraft x'D

it really is a little. The strategy makes sense, though. Just overwhelm them with sheer numbers and ambushes.

Earlier I was playing against a medium AI, and they were about to destroy my last base. I used the teleportation network (can't remember the name) to teleport some zerglings and two drones to a new base area. I set up and got going, but they found me sad.gif

Anyone know how to upload replays to a site or anything? I just had a great match as zerg against a protoss newbie tongue.gif

I've been waiting for this game for so many years but I still don't have a copy. D: I might be getting it later today, but it's not a sure thing yet. In the meantime I'll stick to the original SC.

..obligatory LIVE FOR THE SWARM

user posted image

Found a way to upload my replay.

Edited by War Pig Killer

I just finished it.

What. The. censorkip.gif. That ending blew my mind.

Dang it, now I really can't wait for the next installment.

just beat my first medium level comp. been having a hard time getting used to the new units, but I think I'm finally making progress.

user posted image

Just uploaded a new replay. It shows off some scouting I did that won me the match. I saw he was building roaches straight away and started building mutilisks as a response.

it really is a little. The strategy makes sense, though. Just overwhelm them with sheer numbers and ambushes.

Earlier I was playing against a medium AI, and they were about to destroy my last base. I used the teleportation network (can't remember the name) to teleport some zerglings and two drones to a new base area. I set up and got going, but they found me sad.gif

U Should have made defense towers tongue.gif and make at least 3/4 barracks :c

Sorry but i played supreme commander and you need hell of barracks to create soldiers so....(the games are different but..) if it is all about number and ambushes

you could make many soldiers :3 divide per 3 armys 1 left other front other right then middle army engages their army and left and right army strike and KAPOM!

You Win xd.png

U Should have made defense towers tongue.gif and make at least 3/4 barracks :c

Sorry but i played supreme commander and you need hell of barracks to create soldiers so....(the games are different but..) if it is all about number and ambushes

you could make many soldiers :3 divide per 3 armys 1 left other front other right then middle army engages their army and left and right army strike and KAPOM!

You Win xd.png

I play Zerg :c My problem was that I didn't expand, so I wasn't producing units fast enough.

You make a good point about the defense towers though - I don't focus enough on defense, and that's a problem.

I'd love to get my hands on it. I've been playing Blizzard games since I was 10, and was thrilled when I saw they were making this. Unfortunatley, I'm a little strapped for cash right now, and I don't have the required monies to by it. sad.gif

I play Zerg :c My problem was that I didn't expand, so I wasn't producing units fast enough.

You make a good point about the defense towers though - I don't focus enough on defense, and that's a problem.

Im a defense player...i construct defense and i hold off those small offensives players send...in the meantime i got other barracks constroing a giant army to send :3....anyway defense towers help a hell 4 zerg i think....becuz i went to the starcraft2 site and the zerg only had 3 units...but ive seen more so...

I Was hoping you or any1 else could explain how to make new units as the zerg (thinking in buying the game...also dont get to late answering me cuz ima be on facashion for 2 weeks xd.png so.... :3

Edited by DTBKiller

Im a defense player...i construct defense and i hold off those small offensives players send...in the meantime i got other barracks constroing a giant army to send :3....anyway defense towers help a hell 4 zerg i think....becuz i went to the starcraft2 site and the zerg only had 3 units...but ive seen more so...

I Was hoping you or any1 else could explain how to make new units as the zerg (thinking in buying the game...also dont get to late answering me cuz ima be on facashion for 2 weeks xd.png so.... :3

Sure. You start off with 6 drones, I believe, a hatchery, and 3 larvae. Until you create a spawning pool (and thus a queen), you only have the three larvae. With a queen, you can create more larvae, and more larvae are spawned at the hatchery. When you want to create new units (drones, 'lings, overlords, etc. Everything except a queen), you select a larva and select what to build. It then goes into a cocoon and comes out as your selected unit. New buildings are created by sacrificing a drone, the unit that collects minerals and vespene gas.

So earlier I had a match against a zerg player. He tried to zerg rush me. I honestly wasn't expecting that, but I took down the rush with my queen and a defense tower (I can't remember what it's called). A little bit of scouting later revealed that he was building hydralisks, so I built mutilisks and zerglings. A few minutes later, I'd taken out both of his hatcheries and he'd surrendered.

Obligatory Live for the Swarm has been done. I sadfaec.

Anyway, I have the first Starcraft, as well as the Brood War expansion, and am hoping and praying for Wings of Liberty. I'm not a particularly good RTS player, and I read somewhere that SC2 has tutorials for things like build orders and micro'ing.

I've been nosing around the site for a little bit, and I love the new units. Especially the Zerg. The Roach's and Infestor's ability to move while burrowed seems like a game winning strategy. The Protoss Mothership also seems pretty epic. I mean, a cloaking field that cloaks all nearby units AND buildings? A Mass Recall ability that can summon an army from anywhere on the map? How awesome is that thing? It's like an Arbiter on 'roids.

The Roach's and Infestor's ability to move while burrowed seems like a game winning strategy.

It is, though mostly early game against newbies, which don't build detection for cloaked units (usually). Like I said earlier, I had a roach in a protoss base and spawned a nydus worm from behind them, which overwhelmed them very quickly.

I got owned last night against a protoss player. Really smart rush too. Sent a probe and started constructing pylons just out of reach as well as the building that spawns zealots and stalkers. I was totally overwhelmed because I had no way to kill the probe. I mean really, how was I gonna kill it - with a drone? Pfft, yeah right.

In my experience, Zerg are weak defensively early on. You need to end it and end it fast before they can get to mid level tech and they start expanding.

Sure. You start off with 6 drones, I believe, a hatchery, and 3 larvae. Until you create a spawning pool (and thus a queen), you only have the three larvae. With a queen, you can create more larvae, and more larvae are spawned at the hatchery. When you want to create new units (drones, 'lings, overlords, etc. Everything except a queen), you select a larva and select what to build. It then goes into a cocoon and comes out as your selected unit. New buildings are created by sacrificing a drone, the unit that collects minerals and vespene gas.

So earlier I had a match against a zerg player. He tried to zerg rush me. I honestly wasn't expecting that, but I took down the rush with my queen and a defense tower (I can't remember what it's called). A little bit of scouting later revealed that he was building hydralisks, so I built mutilisks and zerglings. A few minutes later, I'd taken out both of his hatcheries and he'd surrendered.

Mmm Nice gameplay :B

Dtb wants thy game, Money is low....but there are other ways.... :c

:3 But You see? Defense tower helped ^^

Mmm Nice gameplay :B

Dtb wants thy game, Money is low....but there are other ways.... :c

:3 But You see? Defense tower helped ^^

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to focus on playing more defensively early on, because I'm particularly vulnerable at that point.

So I got the first game yesterday plus Brood Wars. I have an old computer that I'm using for a dedicated LAN play computer. It's only good for StarCraft, but what it does, it does VERY well. I'm gonna LAN with my friend The Bug when he comes over next. SC1 is doing WONDERS for my microing. I'm just having trouble because I'm trying to play the Zerg like in SC2. It feels really restricted compared to SC2, because there are only a few units you can build as the zerg. You really need to rely on having good proportions of Hydralisks to Mutilisks as well as managing your economy. On the plus side, I'm also learning to expand more often.

The campaign is harder too. It's damned near impossible to sneak around a ridge filled with Terrans when they've got both Siege Tanks AND AA Guns >_> I tried a fail attempt one time where I had three overlords carrying hydralisks - they all got shot down by the AA Guns. I thought for sure that they would survive... -___-

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to focus on playing more defensively early on, because I'm particularly vulnerable at that point.

So I got the first game yesterday plus Brood Wars. I have an old computer that I'm using for a dedicated LAN play computer. It's only good for StarCraft, but what it does, it does VERY well. I'm gonna LAN with my friend The Bug when he comes over next. SC1 is doing WONDERS for my microing. I'm just having trouble because I'm trying to play the Zerg like in SC2. It feels really restricted compared to SC2, because there are only a few units you can build as the zerg. You really need to rely on having good proportions of Hydralisks to Mutilisks as well as managing your economy. On the plus side, I'm also learning to expand more often.

The campaign is harder too. It's damned near impossible to sneak around a ridge filled with Terrans when they've got both Siege Tanks AND AA Guns >_> I tried a fail attempt one time where I had three overlords carrying hydralisks - they all got shot down by the AA Guns. I thought for sure that they would survive... -___-

SC2 very good game.....so do as i say pig or you will be my dinner xd.png

Build at least 3/4 barracks biggrin.gif (need tos acrifice larvaes right? dang if so) then with the 4 barracks 2 for mustiliskx (wth?) and the other 2 to the other 2 as well

(godamn weard names LOL)

Lan is a good way to practice.....burrow them motha****ing bugs and take the bug soldiers...from the dirt....mwhahaha

(wth im going crazy on my vacations) =) :3