St. Jimmy

Language

I was taught french but I didn't learn it xd.png. I realy want to learn to speak japanese and latvian but other then that I don't want to learn anything. I don't have a brain suited to learn languages.

Another Dutchie here. I'm fluent in both Dutch(which is quite obvious...) and English, and my English tends to be better than my Dutch.

I can also speak German, only not that good, since I missed a lot of my classes both this and last year.

I know a little bit of French, but I dropped that almost two years ago, because well... I just plain sucked at it. I couldn't memorize the grammar at all, and due to my fear of failure I couldn't remember the vocabulary, at least not in class. So I CAN speak it, but well... don't expect much of it.

I speak english (obiously) and I also speak my own language sometimes, and I'm going to take Spanish, and can speak a little bit of that, I really want to learn either Japanese or Chinese.

My mother language is Spanish, but I'm studying English and I can understand it and speak it very fluently (but not 100% perfect, I still have a lot to learn, bear with me ^^wink.gif. And that's all by now, I know some missing words in many other languages, but they aren't enought to build a simple phrase.

I plan on studying as many languages as I can learn, though, German coming straight after English.

Oh! While on the topic of imaginary language, I swear I can speak (and understand) Pikachu. My brother will be watching the Pokemon Anime, then I'll start paraphrasing Pikachu. And make sense. That, and I revert to Pokemon speak when playing Pika on Melee/Brawl. So, uh, yeah. Really, I'm just good at reading between the lines, I think. Pisses people off...

Edited by AlternateMew

I speak English; trying to learn Norwegian.

Good luck. I probably wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't been my native language...

Hvor godt snakker du språket?

English is my first language, but I've been learning German for six years now, so I can speak that fairly fluently too. I'm hoping to study it at university, so I'll hopefully get to improve it even more and stop making daft little grammar slip-ups.

I did know enough French to get me a B at GCSE, but I've forgotten it all in the two years since then. I could probably recognise some French words if I saw them written down, but I couldn't write it or speak it at my old level of fluency without a lot of refresher sessions.

I'm currently trying to learn Finnish. Is there a Finnish person around currently who is willing to help me with some language question/problem? lol

Well I speak english, can't spell most of the words right. I know some sign language, frinch, a tad bit of Greman and I can count to 20 or 30 in spanish.

Swedish is my first language, and i know English pretty well, i think. And i understand some French too, but i can't speak it.

I speak Russian, learned English at school and university and am learning French at university now. my English is ok, but my French is just horrible D: I also studied German at school but remember nothing of it now.

English is my native language. Don't know any others.

I'm mildly interested in Icelandic. Doubt I'll ever try to learn another language, though...

Don't know if I posted here already but...I speak English (my dominant language) and some Korean. I suppose if I really cudgeled my brain, I could come up with a few Spanish and German which is sad since I've had 4.5 years of Spanish studies and 2 years of German.

If it came to reading and writing, I can probably read and write at the 1st or 2nd grade level for Korean and Spanish, and about 3rd or 4th grade level for German (or I did about a year ago).

Took a semester of Japanese once thinking it'd be an easy elective. I was soooo wrong.

In about two years, I'd like to pick up Spanish, German, ASL, French, Greek and Korean again, and I'd like to learn Russian.

I'd love to be able to speak Russian, I'm trying to learn a Russian word everyday on this iPod application I got xd.png School tried to teach me Japanese and Indonesian but both failed because I don't remember anything.

My first language is Finnish, and I speak English kinda well. I also speak Swedish (well, at least I understand it, can't really speak it tongue.gif) and Russian (I have been studying Russian for 2 years so far, our teacher is amazing.)

My native language is Polish. I can understand English very well, but I always fear of making mistakes in writing and speaking.

I've been learning German, too, although I'm really bad at it :/

I'm going to start taking Japanese now, next semester when I entered college. I'm very excited at this point.

Well, I speak fluent English and Norwegian (Canadian mother and Norwegian father) Though the only reason I speak Norwegian is because I live in Norway. We speak English at home. Always have, and probably always will.

I've been taking Spanish for the past four years, so I know that fairly well too. My parents have always wanted me to learn French, because I am canadian, but I've only been able to take French for two years, and I won't be able to until after HS, since my school of choice only offers Spanish. I'm taking an exchange year in France though, so that should help me with my French.

Other than that, I'll probably try and learn some other language whenever I'm out and about in the world. So far the only language I don't really have any interest in learning in German. I know a lot of German though, considering I don't want to learn it.

My first language is Afrikaans and my second language is English.

I can speak a bit of the other African languages and only know a few words in other languages.

My native language is Portuguese. [YAY4BRAZIL ahem] I've studied English for around 15 years now, so I daresay I'm kind of fluent. Currently studying French, though my English antibodies seem to neutralize every particle of French that manages to enter my brains. :/

Took Japanese last year and wanted to take it this year but the teacher said I wasn't good enough, might be taking French next year if I don't get into New Market.

My mother tongue is Bulgarian. First foreign language is English (I've been studying it for like 11 years now and have no problems with it).

Then comes German, which I first started learning in fourth grade but had to start all over again two more times - in fifth grade and in ninth grade, so now (in 11th grade) I still cover only the basics. I can understand a good deal of it but my grammar is pretty bad and I keep messing up articles and prepositions with Danish ones.

Learned some Spanish in the summer between fifth and sixth grade (the language school I was studying English at offered Spanish and a couple of other languages too. Sadly, I have forgotten everything except for the numbers from 1 to 29.. biggrin.gif)

And then last year in January I started studying Danish, since I want to study in Denmark. Grammar is okay, lexis is okay (little as it might be, German knowledge helps a lot tongue.gif)... and then comes Danish Pronunciation. (*scared*) I really, really don't know how these people manage to produce this much of vowels and manage to tell them apart. blink.giflaugh.gif But I hope I will start speaking proper Danish soon.

Oh, and, Swedish and Norwegian are very similar to Danish, so I can understand these (written) too. smile.gif