St. Jimmy

Language

I speak english as my first language. I have been taking french for two years and currently i am good enough in it to ask people in france to talk to me in english.

I only know enlgish, took 2 years of latin but the teacher was horrible and we didnt learn much. now im taking spanish 1 in 8th grade. and i am teaching myself french, because a quater of my family only speaks french in canada. so it would be really helpful. My grandmother didnt even learn english till a year after my mother was born, but my mother never really knew french, just words and phrases.

French, English, Bulgarian, Russian and a Little Spanish.

I speak english as my first language. I have been taking french for two years and currently i am good enough in it to ask people in france to talk to me in english.

~This.

But I've been taking it for only about a week now.

Our teacher is awesome. She has taught us enough stuff so we can actually have full conversations with each other and think in french.

One time, she was moving the tv, and it unplugged, and she was like "Zut!". I said: "I guess that means shoot... At least I hope so xd.png".

English is my first language, no matter how horrible at it I may seem.

I have taken one semester of Italian, but it wasn't offered this semester so that's it for now. I'm planning on living in Italy for a year or so after I get my bachelors, hopefully I'll have enough Italian under my belt by then to get by. My overall goal is to learn Latin, which is not, and probably never will be, offered at my current college.

I speak English and German, with smatterings of Brasilan Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. I can say a few words of Nepalese.

Relating to the OP: Na'vi isn't a full language.

Relating to the OP: Na'vi isn't a full language.

I know. It's still being developed, but right now there's enough to communicate with.

my native language is hindi , and we do have a lotta other regional languages too ...

and obviously , i can communicate in english.

Navajo, Hebrew, and English -- in order of when I learned them. I know some Yiddish, and I've learned to be somewhat conversational in Romanian and Romani.

...Our house gets crazy.f

I speak English and German, with smatterings of Brasilan Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. I can say a few words of Nepalese.

Wow... Lots of language! As my native language is Portuguese I warn you: Portuguese isn't portuguese. It's another language... I.E you study the perfect and normal portuguese. Come to Brazil, we won't understand you. That's because we're so rushed that we don't say anything correctly. We sometimes don't conjugate verbs, don't agree with the verb, subject, etc...

It's very complicated...

Wow... Lots of language! As my native language is Portuguese I warn you: Portuguese isn't portuguese. It's another language... I.E you study the perfect and normal portuguese. Come to Brazil, we won't understand you. That's because we're so rushed that we don't say anything correctly. We sometimes don't conjugate verbs, don't agree with the verb, subject, etc...

It's very complicated...

Five years of Capoeira has taught me that rather well ;~D Hence why I get the Brasilians to help me.

Italian is similar in that they miss out a fair few 'small words' as well. Which given I am a German speaker, where we have set rules that are followed, makes it quite a linguistic culture shock.

I used to know smatterings of more languages - Eesti, Polish, etc - but it's all faded away from lack of use.

Five years of Capoeira has taught me that rather well ;~D Hence why I get the Brasilians to help me.

Italian is similar in that they miss out a fair few 'small words' as well. Which given I am a German speaker, where we have set rules that are followed, makes it quite a linguistic culture shock.

I used to know smatterings of more languages - Eesti, Polish, etc - but it's all faded away from lack of use.

MWHAHAHAHAHA! I know something about Capoeira too!

BTW, have you ever gone to Brazil?

MWHAHAHAHAHA! I know something about Capoeira too!

BTW, have you ever gone to Brazil?

Nope - not enough cash, Portuguese and certainly not enough Capoeira to do that!

I speak slovenian I learn eniglish in school and I was learning french but I don't like it it's to hard biggrin.gif

*Revives*

Ok, this is going to sound really weird, but it's kind of an inside joke with my friends. We're trying to translate "taste the rainbow" into as many languages as we can. Can you guys help with that please? biggrin.gif

English as my native tongue.

I want to learn German and Latin.

I speak English and I'm taking Higher French in school (The second highest level of the subject). I can also tell when someone is speaking Japanese (Anime FML), though not always what they're saying, though today I went hyper because I understood a Japanese woman on TV. She said like, four words. .___.

I also speak a bit of stereotypical Scots.

YEAH.

English is my native language. I've had many Spanish & French classes throughout my schooling but I wouldn't say I speak either fluently. I'd love to someday though. I also want to learn to speak Italian, it just sounds so beautiful. Must learn before I die D:<

Edited by ayobelle

English is my native language, though my Chinese is rather good. Accent-less, I can read and write well as a native. Very helpful.

We had to take "Spanish" classes, but they were basically an excuse for us to learn more of something else. (Home-schooling.)

Now, though, since I'm back in a public school, I'm taking Latin. I only know a few words, though. xd.png

My first language is English. I took Spanish lessons for years, and can understand it fairly well, especially reading... but barely speak it at all. Because my teachers taught me tons of vocabulary, pretty much no grammar. :P

Took a bit of Latin, and intend to learn more of that, when I can find someplace to take classes... Also know a fair amount of Elvish (Tolkien's elven languages, some of both Quenya and Sindarin).

A few phrases of Chinese, bits and pieces of a few other languages, but nothing significant. ^.^

My native language is Russian, and I was learning English since my early years.

Now I study Japanese in university and Esperanto and Greek in a free time by myself.

My native language is Puerto Rican Spanish. I'm pointing out where it's from, because every Spanish-speaking country has its own idiosyncrasies (sp?)

My second language is English and I want to learn Italian.

That isn't always accurate though.

Actually with most languages it is not accurate at all. It tries direct literal translations which rarely work. Individual words you are usually alright, but whole sentences not so much. The French translator is apparently bad enough that the teachers at my school have said that if you use it you get a zero. They can tell, and have given zeroes out to those kids. With the Spanish translator I can't say it's terrible, but you'd do better looking up words individually on other sites and then putting them together, of course that still doesn't guarantee any accuracy at all.

English is my first language. I'm not fluent in Spanish, but I'm about as close as I can get without upper level college language (like as a major level) or living in a Spanish speaking country. I'm slow in Spanish, which is why only living in another country would really help.

Oh, and I can swear in over six languages, including: Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, French, (obviously English), and a few others that are made up languages of various TV shows, movies, etc.

Edited by spyro76