St. Jimmy

Language

I fluently speak Swedish.

Im learning English and French. And some German too, but that doesn't work so good though.. I need to practice more.

I would love to speak French fluently, but I started reading French only a year ago, so I think it will take some time.

Edited by Play

My native language is Chinese (Mandarin and the other dialect I forget it was called in English xd.png) but I speak more fluent English than Chinese, which is sad.

I want to learn a bit of French, Japanese, and German. x]

/highfives

And I think Cantonese for that other dialect?

I need to learn Mandarin x__x

Cantonese?

That's the other major one, so probably. tongue.gif

I'm learning Spanish.

edit: I also know some swear words in German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian. Oh and a couple in sign-language. |D

Edited by spyro76

I know a bit of Japanese, and I'm learning more.

A bit of advice when learning this language...

IT'S CONFUUUSIIIIIING D8

There ya go.

There are confusing things about every language. Japanese kanji and advanced grammar gets hugely complicated, but that balances out with the easy things - especially the pronunciation, which is nearly the same all across the board. Honestly I found it easier to learn Japanese than most of the other languages I've studied, but that might be because I've been watching anime for years and picked up a lot of the basics just from listening to dialogue.

All the Slavic languages I've looked into have been the most difficult to get even a basic grasp of. Like I said earlier, I'm teaching myself Czech, and not only is it just a flat-out hard language to learn, but I'm at a disadvantage because there really aren't even many good books out there teaching it. It's even difficult to practice typing in Czech because some of the characters (the ones with diacritics) aren't recognized in most applications on my computer, even with a Czech language pack installed. It's a real pain in the ass. I would've already given up if I didn't absolutely love the language and want to visit the country someday. /rambling

I know a bit of Japanese, and I'm learning more.

A bit of advice when learning this language...

IT'S CONFUUUSIIIIIING D8

There ya go.

Every language is confusing xd.png

Just that the languages people speak well is because they are accustomed to it.

If you know Chinese or basically Asian languages, you might find it a bit easier to learn Japanese. And vice versa.

Every language is confusing xd.png

Just that the languages people speak well is because they are accustomed to it.

Yeah, that's true...the sentence structure, though, is so confusing...x_x But yeah, confusion should be expected when learning every language...

Wow, where do you live in order to find a Croatian language class?

PM'd you

If you know Chinese or basically Asian languages, you might find it a bit easier to learn Japanese. And vice versa.

I don't think so as Chinese and japanese have really really different spelling and grammar, only the japanese Kanji was made from Chinese charcters, and all the other asian languages have different spelling and different characters

My first language is English tongue.gif I am trying to learn German and I know a little spanish. rolleyes.gif

I'm trying to learn japanese phrases. SO far. I can rememeber this one

I like Japanese= Watashi wa nihongo ga suki desu.

I have no idea how I remember that one.

I'm trying to learn to prnouce some of this stuff. But I'm just spelling now.

My first language is Chinses.Many people think it's hard but I think that's only beginning.You'll find that it's really easy after you grasped the words xd.png They're a kind of hieroglyph and you can know most off their meanings by appearance of these Chinese characters xd.png

Chinses do not add -ed or -ing ……to verbs or change tense forms,nor plurality.That's wonderful and convenience xd.png

Then is English……Chinses education attachs awfully importance to English even then Chniese blink.gif ……but text books didn't so uesful in real communications to people.That's only for endless exam papers.Ah……broken English of mine……

But I really enjoy Chinese and leaning other languages.>3<

My first tongue is English, though I know enough German to embarrass myself. For some reason, world languages don't hold that much appeal to me. I want to become fluent in Na'vi, Vulcan, Elvish, and Kalash - all made-up languages, but infinitely more interesting to me. Not quite as useful (and some single me out as a complete NERD *coughVulcancough*), and they won't help me when I travel, but eh, since when have I done things the easy way?

I cant imagine how hard it must be to learn a completely different language... I'm struggling enough with german!

English is my main language; I can speak almost fluent French, and I know various words in German, Japanese, Spanish, and Italian. In written, I'm very good at Latin. It's hard to speak fluently since there is so many different endings and such, but i know some sentences. (it's a dead language anyway) biggrin.gif

English was my first language, but I also know Native American, courtesy of my Grandma, who is full Native.

English was my first language, but I also know Native American, courtesy of my Grandma, who is full Native.

*blink*

Which language?

*blink*

Which language?

Ojibwe more specifically.

Such as Weenug means the F-word.

Waboose means rabbit.

And among other things x)

My native language is German, but I'm semi-fluent in English and know Latin, Spanish, smidgeons of Australian Kriol, Greek and Finnish, and can read (despite never having studied those, but then that's Romance languages for you, and the respective pronunciations are a mystery to me) Italian, French, Portuguese and Esperanto.

As for less practically applicable languages, I know Anglo-Saxon/Old English, Middle-English, and due to massive dorkdom, my Quenya and Sindarin (two of Tolkien's Elvish languages) are somewhat passable. cool.gif