St. Jimmy

Language

i speak english as fluently as the rest of us...lol i am in spanish and hope to learn hebrew

I speak english, some spanish and I sign. I want to learn Tagalog, but can't find anywhere to learn it.

Obviously I speak English smile.gif I also have a good command of Spanish.

I actually could use a little help from someone who speaks Chinese. Drop me a PM if you'd like to help.

My primary language is English. I took several years of Spanish while going through high school, but I've forgotten a lot of it by now. I took Japanese in college and keep it fresh by watching Japanese TV shows and listening to Japanese music. I'm not great at it, but I managed to pass my foreign language test in it when I was in grad school, so I guess I know enough to get by. My job requires me to deal with documents in a lot of different languages, so I've picked up a few words and phrases relevant to my work in all kinds of languages.

Don't think my mother tongue is any mystery, haha. I was supposed to learn French - it never stuck, though I can make accurate guesswork at the words.. on packaging. I've been fascinated with Latin for a long time and I wanted to learn it, but I don't think my memory agrees with me. For other languages I can actually understand, I can understand (some, it varies) Japanese when I hear it, but I can speak very little. There's a teach yourself Korean book I must get back to reading so I can add that to my list! I'd love to try and self-teach with actual dedication and make progress.

As of now, I only speak English.

I've taken Spanish in high school and I have to take it again for a few semesters to get my degree. I would've loved to take something else like Latin or Greek or French or some other language I'm actually interested in learning instead of Spanish. The college I'm going to at the moment, however, only has 3 options (none of which I'm terribly interested in). Since I have taken Spanish before, I figured I may as well stick with it.

I know a few Na'vi words and I do plan on actually learning it eventually.

And I know a few words and phrases in the "dragon language" from Skyrim. :I

i speak english (of course) and japanese, and some spanish along with hindi (who i learned fromm afrined but i am bad at it)

English, Southern American and Appalachian dialect.

English, proper/academic

I can pick my way through some French and Spanish, and I can translate Latin smile.gif

Russian & Spanish, and English of course. I'm likely going to learn Mandarin in the near future.

I speak fluent Dutch. tongue.gif

Also English, a little French, German and currently learning Japanese :3

Fluent English.

I have these times where suddenly everything I know about Chinese comes out and I speak it fluently, but other times all I know how to say is hi.

I also take Spanish in school but I am far from fluent. u_u

I know a few Na'vi words and I do plan on actually learning it eventually.

Woo, another Na'vi speaker!

I'm beginning my Japanese course in the fall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

STUDY. The grammar is fairly easy once you understand the rules, but there sure are a lot of them to remember. Also, I made flashcards for vocab and Kanji and it seemed to work for me, so maybe try that too?

I've changed my languages since the first post. The current "want-to-learn" lineup: Japanese (taking in college), Na'vi (still teaching myself), Latin, Estonian/Finnish (they're pretty similar so I don't want to do both), Romani (still can't find anywhere to learn it...), and Sumii (my own conlang).

Edited by St. Jimmy

I'm starting in Japanese this fall, too. I plan to be making a lot of flash cards, too... but flash cards are my favorite go-to study method already. If they don't work for you, find something that does.

My first language is English and my second language, is Japanese. My Japanese is terrible though. I also struggle to write it because of dyslexia. D|

I can speak English, Chinese and Japanese fluently and I'm alright with conversational/everyday French.

Pretty much accepted that I can barely write Japanese; I can read it, but writing is just too much for me to comprehend.

Estonian (first tongue), English (obviously) and a bit of Russian. I happen to think in English half of the time though... XD

English was my first language, and French is my second. I am /almost/ fluent in speaking it, but I haven't truly mastered it yet.

Well, my native language must be Ukranian(as I'm Ukranian), but it doesn't. Why? Answer is very simple: I live in Odessa, where is considered to be our native language Russian. Of course, I know the both language, but Russian I like more.

I actively study English, as it will be useful to me in life: in my job, in simple communication... But, as you can see (i think), my knowledge of English is very poor at all unsure.gif

Also I've studied German language at school, but my knowledge of it is awful biggrin.gif

I know English, and I'm teaching myself Chinese, Czech, French, German, Irish, Italian, Latin, Romanian, Spanish, and Swedish. Though, I can read Hebrew and just about any language, I usually don't type them. Trust me, it is hard trying to teach yourself all of those languages at once, especially trying to name your creatures on other games in different languages like I do with some of my dragons here. Take my pink pair for example: Avere semper speranza al tuo fianco, meaning Always have hope by your side in Italian, but if I were to change speranza to sperenza, it would mean Having always hoping for your side, which I for sure don't want to get mixed up. I even have at least on dragon supporting my language learning, mainly for German, but I'm not sure that it's support would be taken as a good way as if I were to translate its code, just switching two letters around, I would get a cuss word...

AltSk0P, I can try helping you learn English if you try helping me learn Russian.

English is my first language, but I took a few years of Spanish in high school, but it's all disappeared

from my mind by now. :c I also studied German all four years I was in college.

I'm also fluent in sarcasm. =P

I currently only speak Swedish and English, but I'd love to learn a couple more. Might try to pick up Spanish and Russian again, or possibly Icelandic, Finnish, Latin... So many languages, so little time. :>

I used to speak Russian, but then came to America and forgot everything about speaking Russian. 8< I'm gonna take Spanish during school, but really have no interest in it.