St. Jimmy

Language

I speak English fluently, a bit of Spanish and Portuguese, since i live in Brazil.

I'm currently studying a bit on Spanish, because usually i forget most of it. o3o

My native language is English, and I'm pretty pro at it. I also spent two years of high school taking French, but it's still difficult for me to carry a conversation in that language (I spent much of my time sleeping in that class and still got straight As). I also took a Japanese class at the community college in my town over the summer. I learned a lot, and it feels great to be able to read Hiragana, Katakana, and even some Kanji. Currently I'm teaching my new dog to do tricks using Japanese commands. He's starting to get it, and one day only I will be able to control him because I am the only person in my family that knows Japanese! That thought makes me feel very evil....yet awesome.

My home language is Afrikaans, I learnt English while watching Disney movies as a kid. I took French for two years, I would love to get back into it, I think it's one of the most beautiful languages in the world. I also want to learn Japanese quite badly.

Just this year, we had to pick one of these: German, Russian and French. Our school's not supporting any languages I like so I started to study German, and I hate it. dry.gif I'd rather be spending my time with improving my Finnish rather than studying another language just because. And I won't probably even use it.

Edited by Orlageddon

English primarily (it's my first and best language as well as my major in university), HTML (lol) and I understand some French.

Learning Latin.

English is actually my second language.

I was born in Canada, but I spoke only Polish until I was about 4. Then I had to learn English for preschool. I do French in school, I'm semi-fluent. I can carry a basic conversation in Russian, too. I really want to learn Latin, Greek, German, and Spanish. Arabic and Welsh seem really cool, too.

I also know Sindarin, and bits of Quenya xd.png

Edited by SPQR

I speak English, Croatian (Native) German (fluent), Italian (learning/ could talk a bit) A bit of Russian, and I want to learn Swedish

English, and a little bit of Dutch.

I'd like to learn Russian, more Dutch and Japanese.

My native language is German.

English is my best foreign language. I'm not fluent, but I can understand nearly everything and so far no one in the forums asked what I wanted to say with my posts, can't be too bad biggrin.gif

I learned French one year at school, but I failed very hardly and don't want to try ever again. I had seven years of Latin and failed as well.

Beside of this I took two years of Japanese lesson, but I can't really speak anything.

Since this Monday I learn Arabic at the university and Tamil (an Indian language).

I'd like to learn Finnish and more Japanese, but there will be no time left besides Arabic, that's pretty hard to learn.

Edited by Gluria

You people make me feel like a fail. >.< I am a proud English speaker, and an English speaker only.

My native is Estonian and I'm fluent in English. Sometimes I even think in English. I can also make a fairly good attempt at communicating in Russian and I'm in a beginning stage of learning Spanish at school. I used to take Swedish and German lessons last year but this year there are too few students to open the lesson classes again. sad.gif

Minu toas on kärbsed ja see ei meeldi mulle.

/\ A sentence in Estonian. A big hug to anyone who can translate it. biggrin.gif

I will never forgive my mother for not speaking to me in German when I was a child so I could grow up to be bilingual. What use is it to have a mother who grew up in Germany if she doesn't even teach you the language??? (It is cool to have a grandmother who grew up in Germany during the Third Reich though. Makes for some interesting stories.)

Minu toas on kärbsed ja see ei meeldi mulle.

/\ A sentence in Estonian. A big hug to anyone who can translate it. biggrin.gif

Well according to Google Translate it says:

"There are flies in my room and I don't like them."

LOL

I speak English and I understand some Spanish...my husband is Hispanic, so I'm trying to learn but I've been on hiatus for a long time. c.c *ashamed* I want to learn so we can visit his family and I can speak with them in the language they prefer to use with each other.

Well according to Google Translate it says:

"There are flies in my room and I don't like them."

LOL

I was hoping for native Estonian speakers but still *big hug to Leidarendi* smile.gif

I speak english (native language) but also swiss german, spanish, portugese and italian. I'd love to learn japonese.

My native language is Spanish, but I also speak English, and a little wee bit of French. I'm looking forward to start German lessons too^^

*looks around the somewhat lifeless topic* >.>

My native language is English, but I can speak Arabic, Tagalog and a couple more dialects from the Filipino language (Visayan and Tausug). I can also speak broken Japanese; my grammar isn't quite as good, although I can read Hiragana and Katakana fairly well. Kanji's a problem for me, though. lol.

I've also happened to pick up on a little bit of Korean from a few friends of mine. c: Can't say that I actually speak the language, though.

All in all, I'm quite biased with my mother language and cling to it like a rabid monkey. :3

I'm horrible with languages. xd.png I took a little French when I was twelve and failed that class, made it all the way through Latin I and Latin II in 8th-9th grade and then lost interest, and now I'm attempting Scottish Gaelic.

Of course, my native language is English. XP

only english. i use to know a bit of chinese, but ive forgotten it by now. someday i want to learn german maybe.

English is my first language, but thanks to school I speak some French. I'd like to learn Russian, Italian and then Greek, but national curriculum only teaches Te Reo, Japanese, French, Spanish and German.

I find learning other languages helps a lo with the existing ones you know - very useful when you're trying to figure out what things mean!

English... well, it makes sence as I come from England...

Only other language I can speak (Which isn't that much anyway) is french, but I thinki I've forgotten most of it...