St. Jimmy

Language

I speak English and Gujarati. Both are native languages to me...though I didn't learn English till I was about 3 I know English waaay better. My Gujarati is only conversational even though it's meant to be my mother tongue.

I learnt Urdu in school till GCSE...but wasn't really confident in speaking. Then I picked up Hindi after watching some movies and drama's as it's conversationally similar to Urdu. So I guess I can speak conversational Urdu and Hindi too.

I am currently learning Chinese. It's so much fun! Although it's not easy with all those tones and characters.

I may take French next year and I would love to learn Japanese, Korean and Arabic (I know a tiny bit of Japanese, I can sort of read and write Korean and know a little bit of vocab and some sentence structure and I can read and write Arabic since it's like Urdu and I know some vocab).

I love languages wub.gif

Edited by Eliwen

My native language is Czech, and I fluently speak both Czech (obviously) and English. I'd love to learn many languages, but learning Finnish, Latin and Spanish at one time - and now I'm going to take German lessons at school - ain't easy. I have books for all of these - for Finnish an original, the others are borrowed from school or copied; I can't decide though. wacko.gif *goes off to read a bit of Finnish*

English Bulgarian French Italian Russian and some Spanish

My native language is English. I know a little Spanish, but only what's left from 2 years of classes I took goodness knows how long ago. Next semester, I'll be going to a university and learning ASL! :3

ASL is my primary language in conversation, English in reading and writing, decent Spanish to deal with my coworkers, and am interested in learning basic Greek and Italian so i can read signs and such when i go to these respective countries next summer.

English is my primary language. Only other language that I know is Spanish, and really, I can only read it. I have trouble speaking/understanding it~

I'm learning how to read music right now... It's so foreign and complicated to me, it might as well BE a new language. xd.png

I'm learning how to read music right now... It's so foreign and complicated to me, it might as well BE a new language. xd.png

It is a language! And a beautiful one at that~

I read music in bass and treble clef. It isn't complicated once you get the hang of it! The only trouble is switching between clefs xd.png

I speak English and can read/decipher most Romance languages, including Latin. I can speak enough French to get by in a pinch.

It is a language! And a beautiful one at that~

I read music in bass and treble clef. It isn't complicated once you get the hang of it! The only trouble is switching between clefs xd.png

I can also read music, but in simplified guitar tabs.

Oh, BTW, in Math, one of the universal languages, this is how I say hello:

user posted image

xd.png

I speak English, and Hindi.

I want to learn another language! tongue.gif

Maybe French.. dry.gif

English is my native tongue. Took 4 years of German in high school and became decent at it as a way to honor my German heritage. Planning to pick that back up soon before I lose it for good. I remember enough to get by, but not much more than that.

I also plan on learning Italian at some point.

I've picked up a little bit of Latin, a few words/phrases in Spanish (had to because of my job), a little bit of Japanese from years of watching subtitled anime and a few words of French because I had a study period in a freshman French class in high school.

I speak English and Romanian very well. And i am currently learning French. (even though everyone else i know is learning spanish)

Oh, BTW, in Math, one of the universal languages, this is how I say hello:

user posted image

xd.png

Do people reply "x"?

For me, I really only know English. I tried to teach myself Russian when I was in 7th grade, which ended up being useful to mastering English (learning all those cases turned out to be helpful) and no more. Cyrillic stuck with me though.

I can puzzle my way through Koine Greek too, but I'm not fluent and it's been too long for me to do much without a lexicon. Tried Japanese once. Anyone who lives where I do automatically knows some Spanish, and we all chuckle when people mispronounce La Jolla.

Seems that the visual symbols and systems are much easier for me to learn than the words I'd need to use a language :/ I do adore etymology though; that makes it easier to pick words out of languages to get an idea of what they mean.

I speak English, PHP, and HTML.

And some perl, too.

What, you didn't say I couldn't list programming langauges... wink.gif

English, English, binary /shot, a few Spanish phrases, and Portuguese (i'm such a fail at it though), and blitzmax if programming still counts.

my first languages were spanish and english, but i would like to learn portuguese and italian smile.gif

I can only read, write and speak English. I'd love to learn Italian and Japanese, it's ironic because I could have learnt a little of both, had I paid more attention in year 4&5 Italian and year 7&8 Japanese. Languages aren't my strong point though, so it'd be great just to be able to understand simple questions and to be able to know if I'm being insulted.

I speak English and Finnish. Swedish a little bit too, but I should study it more. (Bilingual country)

I also understand a lot of Japanese and can pronounce it without problems. I can speak with British, American and Finnish accents, I also can do a convincing Russian accent.

I'm also learning the French accent for the fun of it (not the actual language, noo, lol).

My native language is English, I studied (and failed!) French for 3 years so I don't remember much of anything really... and I live in Japan so I'm working on Japanese. My ability has just gotten to the "maybe we can have a conversation if I use my dictionary a lot" stage. Personally I think reading it is easier than speaking it. I'm completely horrible with listening and memorizing.

Visual learner!

I speak Japanese and English. smile.gif

I'm working on learning french,although...I only know a little.. xd.png Hahaha,really,just a little... and...I want to learn Hebrews too..(So that I can understand somethings my Pastor is talking about,and so that I can read the Hebrew bible too..)