St. Jimmy

Language

I thought there was a thread for this, but I searched and nothing came up.

What languages do you speak (or are learning to speak)?

I speak English (obviously xd.png). I'm learning German in school, and teaching myself Na'vi and Romani. I also want to learn Japanese and Romanian (the list keeps changing.)

I mainly speak English, but I can speak in somewhat broken Spanish(took classes for it in school). I would love to learn Tugalog(Filipino) and German, though.

I speak English and a leetle tiny bit of Japanese.

Wanna learn Russian and Romanian. Because Romanian accents are kick ass.

My native tongue is English. Though, I know snatches of various other languages, too. I tend to speak a weird mash-up of English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and German. I only know handful of words in each of my non-native tongues, but I try to use the ones I do know fairly often.

I actually really only wanted to learn Japanese, but then my friends started teaching me some Spanish and German and I picked up a few very basic French words... Right now, I think I'm mostly focusing on German, since I don't really care much for Spanish, I really dislike French, and I've been studying Japanese on and off for almost 8 years now and have still made no real progress... German is also fairly new to me, so it has that allure of things that are unfamiliar and exotic... Plus, Germans (at least the ones I see regularly) are really pretty...

I speak English, but I want to learn Japanese. (I know just enough insult people. xd.png Though I know a few useful words and phrases...)

I'm only fluent in English. In school I took Spanish, a small bit of Latin, French, and Japanese, and I was teaching myself German for years. Of those I can speak Japanese and German the best.

I've now abandoned all the others in favor of teaching myself Czech, which is tremendously difficult. They teach Polish at a community college here, so I might take that to help me along since Czech and Polish are similar enough. Finding a place that teaches Czech is probably going to be impossible.

I speak Norwegian and English, and a little German. I was getting pretty good at German, but now I've forgotten practically everything. I want to get back to practicing that, though. It's nice to know a few languages, after all.

chinese,and I am learning english.english is difficult for me.`( ©n )¡ä

and because I watch a lot of japanese cartoons ,I can speak something in japanese .I think japanese is similar to chinese ,so it is easy for me to learn it .

LoL

Na'vi is my name backwards xd.png

I speak Portuguese, and I'm fluent in English. I don't know to speak it perfectly, but I can handle...

English is my first language and the only one I'm really fluent in. I used to have a decent knowledge of ASL (American Sign Language), but it's been a long time since I've used it. I can still finger spell, and I know a few other symbols, but nothing particularly useful.

I also know a good amount of Latin, though I don't speak it, per se. I can write in Latin well enough, depending on what I'm trying to say, but I would be terrible if I tried to actually speak it.

I also know a few odd words and phrases in a few other languages, including Spanish, Japanese, French, German, and Gaelic, but that's only a few words and definitely doesn't count.

I only speak english, but learned french and japanese in school. I'm terrible at both though. I'd like to learn french fluently because it's a pretty language and then maybe the people in quebec won't hate me, and I'd like to learn japanese fluently because I want to go there for a few weeks one day and I want to know if the japanese are bad mouthing my foreignness. *paranoid*

English

Though i do know American English and British English.

I get to learn Spanish when i go to school because 94% of their students speak Spanish as a first language.

English

Though i do know American English and British English.

Aren't Brit's English and American's English the same thing? o_o

My native language is English. Going into my 3rd year of German at school. I hope to learn Japanese as well at some point. Maybe French too

I love learning other languages, and I wish to learn as many as possible

Aren't Brit's English and American's English the same thing? o_o

no there is a lot of different things in the two...

British = american

the boot = trunk of a car

pants = underwear

trousers = pants

Plus spelling differences like Colour

There's also an awesome accent difference, but Americans will understand Brits easily and the other way around. I think of them more as dialects of one language, English.

English is my mother tongue. I can speak Chinese (Mandarin) conversationally and muddle out simple reading or very simple writing with a computer, and sort of understand Shanghaiese. I've also had three years of HS Spanish, which leaves me with barely enough proficiency to read public signs and the like ._.

When I go to college, I'd like to learn Arabic <3

Edited by kadoatie

English, a little French, a teensy bit of Japanese and I can understand some sort of Indian language.

I speak English, and Chinese, and can understand some French, German, and Spanish.

Only fluent in English, planning to learn German and Japanese. Can read bits and pieces of German.

Fluent English, since I'm American. o3o

But I know sign language, some Gaelic, and Japanese. :3

I can speak English, Cantonese (Chinese) and learning French. My ****py French teacher doesn't help, though.

Fluent in only English... but I'm hoping to put Portuguese on that list sooner or later. I can pick out words and phrases both when I read and listen to it, so I'm slowly getting there. Speaking it, however, is a different story. xd.png

I'm only fluent in English and German (my first language). I used to be able to sit down and write a whole essay in French without looking at a dictionary once, but nowadays I'd have difficulties even asking for directions... which is sad, actually. I took beginners' courses in Swedish, Finnish and Tok Pisin, and it is fairly easy to understand Dutch but I can't speak it.