trueway

Best Movie

My personal favorite movie is Ladyhawke, which almost no one has ever heard of. A tragic oversight, in my opinion.

Ladyhawke is a fantasy movie from the 80's, set in medieval France. The protagonist is a thief called Phillipe the Mouse, who escapes from a supposedly inescapable dungeon. Later he encounters a mysterious fellow who brings a hawk with him everywhere he goes. I really can't say a whole lot more about it without totally giving everything away, but it's a very good movie and I strongly recommend watching it.

It was Matthew Broderick's fourth or fifth movie ever, I believe. He played the protagonist, Phillipe the Mouse. The mysterious fellow, Etienne Navarre, is played by Rutger Hauer. It's also got Michelle Pfeiffer, John Wood, and Alfred Molina in it. Definitely a fun movie, if very, very 80's.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a fan of really, really old films. I'm going to have to say Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. It may start out a little dull, but the last hour or so of it just makes the film. It was probably James Stewart's greatest performance.

Edited by BlueApollo

LoTR trilogy.

First movies I've seen that didn't mix around the plot completely and only left out the insagnificant parts.

Spirited Away. :3

The Sixth Sense; I really love the acting, the symbolism, and the plot twist.

Edited by Enitsnid

My favorite movie is the animated movie 9.

Some say it lacks character developement, and they didn't like the open ending, and it had plotholes, but...

The whole point of everything not being explained was to show that you only knew what 9 knew, because he was the focal point of the story, and you were seeing everything that happened from his perspective. Besides, it was made specifically so it was open to interpretation, and allowed for the audience to participate, so you felt like you were more apart of it.

Then with character developement, as I said, you only say things from 9's point of view, therefore you only knew what he was told, or what he say. 9 doesn't have much backstory because he awokened at the beginning of the movie. And there was still a lot of character shown through visual interactions, expressions, etc. so you still know the character's personalities if you pay attention. The movie does communicate a lot of character, symbolism, and story through visual elements, mostly because the original 11 minute short it was based off of had no dialogue, and Shane Acker, the guy who made the orignal short, also directed the movie.

I absolutely ADORE this movie, and I've had an obsession with it ever since it was first released. I love the instrumental score, the visuals, its uniquness, and the fact that, because it's purposely left open for interpretation, there's a lot to imagine to, and read fanfics for. It's such a beautiful movie, and I love it to pieces.

It's not for everyone, I admit, but I really do love it, and its fanbase is rather dedicated.

My personal favorite movie is Ladyhawke, which almost no one has ever heard of. A tragic oversight, in my opinion.

I've seen Ladyhawke twice, I think. They were playing it on Encore Wam or some some other t.v channel about a year ago.

I enjoyed it. And I probably need to re-watch it. (:

I don't really have a favorite movie, though. Only many movies that I like.

Like 1776, a musical based on the signing of The Declaration of Independance. A very good movie, and a very good musical to see live, if you happen to like history.

I also love The Dark Crystal. A very wonderful, entertaining fantasy that I used to watch all the time when I was a kid. I need to watch it again.

North by Northwest or Rear Window. Just can't decide between them. smile.gif

the best movie i saw was avatar( the one with the blue people)

I've been wanting to see that since it was in theatres. But I haven't been able to.

It's good, huh? (:

Passion of the Christ hands down. That or The Greatest Story Ever Told.

North by Northwest or Rear Window. Just can't decide between them. smile.gif

Much win. Rear Window is a hilarious and awesome movie. Also, Raymond Burr for the win. I actually met him once, not too long before he died.

I actually haven't seen North By Northwest, but I very much need to. Actually, I really need to brush up on my Hitchcock in general. That's some good stuff, there. Also, his little cameos are always fun.

I've been wanting to see that since it was in theatres. But I haven't been able to.

It's good, huh? (:

If you like pretty colors. It's lacking in concerns to a lot of other stuff.

Hard to say what my favorite movie is.

Star Trek (the 2009 movie).

Take epic, awesome and win in equal measures, mix thoroughly, add in multiple nerd-gasms and serve multiple, delicious times.

Inception

Zombieland

Titanic.....

And Suberbad

What would it look like if all those movies were combined into 1????? 0.o

Inception

Zombieland

Titanic.....

And Suberbad

What would it look like if all those movies were combined into 1????? 0.o

Dreaming that the survivors of the Titanic turned into zombies?

Dreaming that the survivors of the Titanic turned into zombies?

No no, they turned into zombies while on the ship and that's why it sank.