Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

The ironic thing is, Link has always been left-handed before the wii versions started coming out. Rather than allow people to swap, they just mirrored the entire screen. classy.

Am I the only one that thought Master quest was actually easier then the original?

I understand where your coming from Darkshadow, I haven't gotten very far in Skyward Sword either (I've only just reached the third dungeon), but the reason for me is work (dang holidays). That being said, I'm left-handed too, but I'm actually more or less ambidextrous with the Wiimote.

I'm a lefty and I hold the wiimote in my left hand. It takes some getting used to, but I can fight just as effectively this way--actually, I fight better this way than if I held the wiimote with my right hand. All it affects is the way Link holds his sword when I'm not attacking.

The Water Temple still seemed to be my greatest challenge in Ocarina of Time.

help my egg hatch please ?biggrin.gif

I became a Zelda fan this summer. smile.gif

I'd heard a ton of great things about the series, so I decided to get Ocarina of Time 3D, especially after watching preview videos and stuff - it looked incredible. I got the soundtrack CD too (didn't get it until almost August!)

So far, I've played:

- Ocarina of Time 3D (completed)

- Legend of Zelda (on the 3DS because of the Ambassador program) (in progress)

- Legend of Zelda II (on the 3DS because of the Ambassador program) (haven't really started, I don't quite get what you're supposed to *do*)

- Four Swords (on the 3DS because it was free) (in progress - currently on the Hero's Trial part)

- Skyward Sword (in progress - currently in the Forest temple and am stuck - I made the water rise, but where's the second crystal I have to hit?)

For Skyward Sword, I'm really loving it so far.

I like the characterization, and even though there isn't voice acting, the facial expressions and body language really add a lot. For example, after Zelda disappears and Link wakes up and Gaepora's waiting there, and asks Link what happened, and Link explains - that moment where it didn't even show words on the screen, just showed Link and Gaepora's gestures and expressions, and the music, that scene was pretty powerful to me.

As far as the graphics, my parents have this really big TV so at first the graphics looked really horrible - I was sitting in a chair fairly close because that is the best spot for the controller - it looked extremely pixelly, enough to distort things. When you get a little farther away from the screen, though, it looks much better, much prettier.

That part of the dungeon took me awhile too. I'm not sure which switch you found so I'll list both. There's a switch underneath the western end of the bridge in the dungeon's south-central chamber, and another in a room to the east, though you have to crawl through a hole to get to it.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

That part of the dungeon took me awhile too. I'm not sure which switch you found so I'll list both. There's a switch underneath the western end of the bridge in the dungeon's south-central chamber, and another in a room to the east, though you have to crawl through a hole to get to it.

Thanks! I'd gotten the one you need to crawl to get to, but couldn't find the other one.

I just got the Ocarina of time 3d and the special edition 3ds yesterday, I traded in my ds lite for them. xd.png good trade to me at least. I love it so far. <3 and the ds is absolutely gorgeous and elegant, i love it.

I just got the Ocarina of time 3d and the special edition 3ds yesterday, I traded in my ds lite for them. xd.png good trade to me at least. I love it so far. <3 and the ds is absolutely gorgeous and elegant, i love it.

I know right? <3 I'm loving Skyward Sword, since I got over the left-handed thing, and I just love the plotline. Still, I don't enjoy the Silent Realm, since I keep freaking out when the Guardians chase me.

*hasn't been allowed to play her new game yet*

...and I'm a right handed person... but I will try the left handedness! (I managed once with Twilight Princess at a friends and was actually pretty good for a person who can only cut with scissors with her left hand and do everything else BUT that with her right- which I don't even get! xd.png )

I enjoy the change of pace the Silent Realms offer you, but I've never liked being timed or being chased. I was pretty relieved when I'd passed the last trial.

Edited by Jackal

Use the Gale Boomerang to put out the fires. If you have trouble keeping up, use the autotarget or ride ahead of the caravan.

I know HOW do to do it. I just can't. tongue.gif I can do each thing individually, but cannot do them at the same time.

Man, some of you have gotten close to the end of the game, if you haven't finished it yet. I only just went to the Silent Realm for the first time (dang work). I only got hit once and that was because of the fluctuating water levels surrounding one of the tears.

I like Ocarina of Time best. Although, it was kind of scary for me. Whenever I went to Lon Lon Ranch at night, some sort of evil bird would chase me out. And I was terrified of the skulltullas. And those giant things that are in Hyrule Field during the day that spin. ohmy.gif

xd.png I loved messing around in that game.

I also had Phantom Hourglass. It was good, but I couldn't beat the final boss. D:

I hated Phantom Hourglass. The Temple of the Ocean King was a nightmare, forcing you to travel through every single floor every time you visited. Spirit Tracks was better about that at least, though I'm still not fond of the train. It's okay, but it's not my favorite mode of transportation.

As a matter of fact, the last handheld game that came out that I actually liked was Minish Cap. I never cared for the newer handheld games. The Oracle games were good too.

I love this series! wub.gif I've played Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Seasons, but haven't beaten either. I'm in the middle of playing OoT, but it won't let me safe on OoS. T_T I got 2/3s of it complete one time, though! :3

I just got Skyward Sword and recently downloaded the new version of Four Swords, but haven't played them yet. biggrin.gif

I know what you mean about Phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

I felt like they were trying to change the direction of the series, and it didn't really work too well. the older handhelds were much better.

That said, Skyward Sword definetly feels like the zelda we all know and love!

The first time I played Phantom Hourglass, I was wondering why they were calling Zelda 'Tetra'. Does anybody else see the similarity? And on that matter...where's Zelda?

Stupid new Zelda. :L It looks better than I expected it to be. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to buy a little Wii Motion Plus to plug into my remote. They're only selling whole new remotes with it already built in. ._.

The first time I played Phantom Hourglass, I was wondering why they were calling Zelda 'Tetra'. Does anybody else see the similarity? And on that matter...where's Zelda?

Spoilers for Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass:

Tetra is Zelda. In Wind Waker, it was revealed that the pirate Tetra was actually the princess Zelda, descended from the Hylian royal family.

Since Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker, Tetra is still there. She decided to keep going by the name 'Tetra' because she preferred her old identity to a new one she was unfamiliar with.

Hope that answers your question.

Oh. Well, I haven't played Wind Waker. xd.png But that sort of messes up the whole prim and proper 'Princess Zelda' thing they had going for OoT. I guess the DS games are just spin-offs or something? xd.png

In order to play the Skyward Sword game, do you need a wii remote with Motion Plus in it? Or will it work with a normal remote?

I haven't been able to play it yet (it's a christmas present... it's killing me not being able to play it either... it looks so awesome!!!)