Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

Ok, so just to get something straight..

I beat Ocarina of Time, fully, when I was about to turn four. It has always astounded me when people say it was difficult.

biggrin.gif

So, we all known Ganondorf loves tennis, but maybe we did it a bit differently?

This is about all Ganondorf battles.

What was your favorite one? How'd you win?

And what would you have liked to use instead of his stupid light balls?

I wanted to use a bomb.

"Let's play tennis to the death, Link."

"Really? Tennis? Not something more evil?"

"NOPE! MY SERVE!"

(serves light ball. Link hits it back. Link wins.)

"Ok! MY TURN TO SERVE!"

"NO!"

Yeah!"

"NEVER!"

"Why not?!"

"What could you possibly use for a ball?"

(Link gets out a bomb)

"Ohhhhh..."

I would use a water balloon.... a REALLY BIG water balloon, like in the Invader Zim episode 'The Wettening'.

Demyx: My turn, Ganondorf... oh, gosh, that's a hilarious name! *laughs* Ok, no seriously, let's play tennis.

Ganondorf: Ok, black-robed, sitar-playing..... person. *gets light ball and whacks it towards Demyx*

After 10 minutes of playing tennis....

Demyx: My turn to serve. Let me just get in a rocketship and get my ball..... *flies up and comes down 5 minutes later with a really big water balloon* SAY HELLO TO MAI LITTLE FRIEND. *launces water balloon towards Ganondorf*

Ganondorf: Oh, gosh.

HAHAHAH... Watered ganondorf.

Dude, that's epic. biggrin.gif

I beat the game when I was like 3.. Seriously.

The Ocarina of Time Battle thing.... where I first found I could hit light :3

I won the first try with my life hearts (not dieing)... after the fact that I got through all the crazy stuff before it on the 10th try (something about the fire room and me falling off the pillars in the floor- always had bad luck with things like that... I'd make it then a bad or skull came and knocked me off right as I shot it or whacked it :/)

I was surprised to find that I had to hit the light balls though... I started to dodge them then realized "If I hit them, they go back! *whacks* Oh.. oh oh wait! *gets hit* Throw again! I'll hit you!" and it went on like that for... a minute. I had half a heart left somehow xd.png

In Twilight Princess I didn't know I had to hit them back, and I couldn't see the balls of light. I was saying, "When did Ganondorf get a tazer?" And then I realized there were balls of light, and I could hit them back. Tazer pinpong, anyone?

I've only played OoT and TP all the way though. My sister and I played the games together. Ocarina we rented and insisted on not renewing it so we used a walkthrough the entire time, which actually made the game seem harder than it was. Less having to explore means less familiarity with the land scape. This proved very true in the water temple. We've (my siblings and I) have all finsihed the game so many times we can get through it fairly easy now, and usually without dying unless the end fight with Ganandorf, round one. Get unlucky with the return serve on occasion. My big thing was archery in that game. I practiced enough to get really good at it so I often got expanded quivers for my friends or hunted big poes for them.

When we played Twilight. Princess and decided we wouldn't use any walkthroughs this time, excpet to find the odd rogue heart piece though we did pretty well on our own. The one time we got stumped, she went to go check the net and I figured it out before she got back so we say it doesn't count wink.gif. We would swap turns, she would play human Link since she was better with the sword moves, and I would play wolf Link. I just bought the GotY version which is on for cheap now. I'll have to learn to fight with swords now.

Those are the only two I've finished. I used to have an emulator version of Link to the past on my laptop but tis gone now. sad.gif. I haven't tried to dig it up again for my new one. Knowing me, I wont be looking into Skysword either until it does down in price. I'm cheap. tongue.gif

I think I like A Link to the Past the best. I also like Twilight Princess, but I have to confess, I didn't really play much between the two, so it was kinda a big jump and I've probably missed some great games in between. I did play Ocarina of Time, but I didn't get to play it much and then we lent out our N64 and bad things happened to it >.<

I'm psyched for the new one though.

I'd never played the second until we got a NES (again) about... 5 or 6 years ago and we got hold of a copy. Why is it so hard?! Sometimes I wonder how I had the patience to play games like that when I was a kid. Actually though, I think 'hard' games, that you need to practice at, are a good thing. It bugs me when people bring back games cos it's 'too hard' for their kids. They'll just have to keep practising then, won't they? ..I'll stop now before I get dangerously off topic.

When I played Ocarina like five times, I became a pro at it, so much so that I did all the sidequests for the ice arrows and stuff. But my favorite part of the game is when Sheik gets thrown like a Ragdoll. He/she is normally all serious during the game, but some shadow demon breaks out of its cage, and Sheik get tossed and Link gets owned. I mean, seriously, Link has the master sword.

How'd he get owned?

Besides that fact, if you go near Jabu Jabu, go to the right of him, swim across the way, and reach land there, you'll find a rock you can blow up. Blow it up and you'll get Farore's Wind.

My list of Fairy locations - Tell me if I forget one.

1. Death Mountain - Magic.

2. Zelda's Castle - a bombable rock near the junction where the huge turn occurs to head up to the castle. Gives you Dins Fire.

3. Near Jabu-Jabu - Gives you Farore's Wind.

4. Near the Spirit Temple (adult normally) - Gives you Nayru's Shield.

5. Near Ganon's castle. Lift the giant stone with the golden gauntlets. Gives you added defense.

I believed you missed the one that gives you the double magic meter.

Not sure where it is though, off the top of my head.

Double magic meter is in the crater area near goron city. Blow up one of three rocks to find it.

I have to say TP was my first dive into Legend of Zelda games, and I loved it. Ocarina of Time is my second, though I haven't beaten it yet.

Bumping this up just to say it's my personal favorite video games series.

The Legend of Zelda on the NES was my first video game; I played it when I was 5 years old because my parents loved playing it as well.

I would play, and they would tell me what to do but made me feel like I was the one figuring it out.

And I still play all recent Zelda games to this day. I recently took on a mission to play/replay all main Zelda games (excluding the CD-i games due to lack of CD-i system, and Four Sword games due to lack of friends that like Zelda enough to play it with me).

So far I've mastered the NES Zelda (both normal and Second Quest), and am currently playing through The Adventure of Link.

I have to say, it's quite a challenge.

The fact that you begin at the very start point every time you die is extremely hard to work though, plus the enemies are hard to follow sometimes.

But still, I'm not one to back down from a challenge, so I keep pushing myself through it, I doubt I'm even half way through.

Edited by Valexi

Lets see... which zeldas have I played...

All the games on Zelda Collector's Edition which are:

The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all for GC

I've played a Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, The Four Swords and the Minish Cap for GBA

The Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures for GC

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for DS

And Twilight Princess for GC

A list of those that I beat:

The Legend of Zelda

The Adventure of Link

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Link to the Past

Link's Awakening

Minish Cap

The Wind Waker

Twilight Princess

~~~~~

My friend took both Four Swords games from my house before I could finish dry.gif I never saw them again.

I hope to get Skyward Sword when it comes out.... if you couldn't tell, I'm kinda addicted to this series rolleyes.gif

I continue to play through most of them though while I'm waiting.

The Legend of Zelda was the best Shigeru Miyamoto's video game series evar!

Here's a few games i have from Zelda.

A Link to the Past (SNES)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

I wish i had Wind Waker though. sad.gif

I may have skipped several pages, and posts, but I haven't seen yet anyone post about LoZ: Oracle of Ages & Seasons?

I have played (multiple times):

-Ocarina of Time

-Majora's Mask

-Minish Cap

-Half-way of Wind Waker (haven't finished it yet)

And recently started playing for the very first time in my life LoZ: Oracle of Ages and Seasons. Both games at the same time, because at first, I thought both games were nearly the same with slightly a few differences. I was wrong. Both games are so different, it makes me feel as though I'm playing 2 totally different games, but they are several similarities, of course.

I started like them so much, that now I'm hooked playing both games. Those who wanna try out a new challenge, I recommend you all to play them. They are for the gameboy color. Just get a gameboy color, and download the rom. Can't say more, they are not...exactly legal. :/

Which I find stupid because thanks to this stuff, I've been playing games that have gone extinct. >:/

Edited by Ethereal Goddess

Not too big a fan of these, but I played Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Ocarina of Time. I adored MM, enjoyed WW, and thought OOT was okay.

I love Navi so much, it is not even funny! She's so freaking adorable! Her cute voice, her sense of humor, her shiny little model and beautiful little wings! Gah, everything about her is so great!~

Edited by Kirbster

I have played most of the games at least a bit (Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracles of Age, Oracles of Seasons, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess).

I completed Legend of Zelda, went far in Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess but haven't completed them. The others, I mostly only try and didn't play a lot. I can't wait to try Skyward Sword!

What about Master Quest.

I must've died about 5 times in the Great Deku Tree in that.

Ah, yes, the beginning of my videogame addiction. I grew up on the NES and SNES, and I had fun with Duck Hunt and Mario. But! It wasn't till my brother bought the N64, and got OoT that I really got into it.

I use to beg my brother to play it, I was so drawn to it. Then, he got MM, but sadly I never got to finish watching him play that one, cause he went to college. sad.gif

Also, he took the N64 with him, so I couldn't play it myself. Then he came back for a few months, had bought the GC and I got to watch him play WW. Which I personally enjoyed, pulled off my first all-nighter watching him play WW.

I also learned that he had passed the N64 to my sister, who passed it to me, and I was finally able to play OoT on my own for once. Sadly, she lost MM, so I wasn't able to play that one.

Then in 2006, my brother gave me his GC as a gift, and as a birthday present I got TP. Year after that I got the Wii, and to this day I still play it. What's sad is that I didn't even KNOW that we had the original Legend of Zelda on NES until I was in my early teens.

And, now I'm waiting impatiently, counting down the days to Nov. 22th when I can finally get my paws on Skyward Sword. I don't care if it's awesome or horrid, it is Zelda, and that is ALL that matters to me.

Forgive me for boring you with alittle of my past, but I couldn't just leave here without putting my words down. tongue.gif

As for games, I possess:

Legend of Zelda (NES, 3DS)

Zelda II: Link's Adventures (3DS)

Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (N64, GC, 3DS)

Wind Waker (GC)

Twilight Princess (GC, Wii)

Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Four Swords (3DS)

Four Swords Adventures (GC)

Sadly, I don't have Majora's Mask, but I'm working on getting that one along side Skyward Sword. ^^ And, there you go. I'll be quiet, now. laugh.gif

Eh, its not that I have anything against the Wii Shop Channel, I just don't like using it... It's mostly cause that I just don't want to buy it on Wii. I'd prefer to find the Collector's Edition on GC that has Zelda 1, 2, OoT and MM on it.

That's how I was able to beat MM the first time, I borrowed it from my brother. Sadly, that was when MM really ticked me off, and I really disliked the game. But as of recent, I've had a change of mind and I just want to play it again, really badly. xd.png