Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

OOT for sure, it was a Masterpiece, it is still my top game. The only complaint I had was back when I did get the game, I was stuck on how to beat Barinade (Jabu-Jabu's belly boss) so my family looked up a walk-through. So when I become an adult, and find shiek, my dad walks in and says (Spoiler): Sheik is Zelda.

I was so angry, but it was still very fun

If you had played super smash bros you would have found that out anyways, all except the first for the N64 have Zelda in them: and she can turn into Sheik by pressing down B. So I knew about that before I finished OoT too. (I got stuck for a long time on the water temples....)

Yeah *SPOILER* I lost to them, that's why I shuddered.  To have a chance at beating them, you need the "Exorbitantly Priced" Magic Armor.

To be honest there is a way to bring the price of the magic armor down to a little under 600 ruppes.

!SPOILER! You need to bring Milo Mart to Castle Town. Milo takes over the expensive shop and the price goes down. I'm not good at explaining so just look on www.zeldadungeon.net 'cause they have this whole walkthrough thing.

Please click on my eggs they need your help!!!! -Scroll Spam removed.-

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Bookworm please don't post your scroll here. Put the link in your signature and maybe people will click them.

I've played OoT, TP, phantom hourglass, less then half of MM (it was borrowed), and about half of spirit tracks.

I loved OoT and TP because I'm not a huge fan of toon Link and MM really confused me (plus it gave my little brother nightmares that the moon will destroy the Earth). And i love Sheik in Oot! he/she is awesome!

Spirit Tracks really irritated me, i mean come on, Link a train engineer? The gods creating train tracks? No, i lived with Link being a hero and only that.

I usually overlook Zelda games and pick up some other game I did research about so I felt sure I wasn't throwing my money down the sink.

Although I'm not a dedicated Zelda player, I have played Ocarina of Time.

Fun game. ^^

Edited by Adoxy

I've played OoT, TP, phantom hourglass, less then half of MM (it was borrowed), and about half of spirit tracks.

I loved OoT and TP because I'm not a huge fan of toon Link and MM really confused me (plus it gave my little brother nightmares that the moon will destroy the Earth). And i love Sheik in Oot! he/she is awesome! 

Spirit Tracks really irritated me, i mean come on, Link a train engineer? The gods creating train tracks? No, i lived with Link being a hero and only that.

Actually, Link almost always starts off as someone in a normal profession before he becomes the hero. The only exceptions are OoT, where he starts off as a Kokiri playing every day, and all of the direct sequels such as AoL, LA, MM, FSA, and PH where the Links in those games had already taken their places as heroes. Also at the end of ST (no real spoiler here by the way) Zelda asks Link what he wants to be after the final fight, and the choices are: Engineer, Warrior, and "I dunno..." so he still becomes the hero.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I'm 26 and I still enjoy me some OoT. Twilight Princess and Majoras mask are my next faves, but I beat them once and never did again.

I like the windwaker a lot and I'm working on twilight princess.Still in the lakebed temple still trying to find the boss.

In Lakebed Temple the door to the boss is in the center of the central chamber, but you can only reach the door when the water in said chamber is at the highest level. Hope that helps.

Thanks but is there a door somewhere that you need the key for because that door leads closer to the boss (i got the compass).

The door in the center-most chamber should be the one that requires the boss/big key. In case there is some confusion, the center-most chamber is the chamber with the staircase that you constantly turn, and the door is beneath the staircase, and on the column holding the staircase. Once you open the door, there should be a hole in the floor; jump down it, and you'll land in a very large pool with Morpheel waiting on the bottom.

Legend of Zelda is my childhood games no doubt about it. I still have a N64 and I can play MM and OoT, people ask me why I haven't gotten out of the oldies and the truth is that I CAN'T, they were my childhood and I love them. Ocarina of Time will always be my number one, all time, favorite game of my life and no game will knock it down. Majora's Mask was okay, the graphics were an improvement. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons had the best, deep set plot line and it was very original. Now I personally don't enjoy the cartoon versions of Legend of Zelda but I respected those who like it and gave the game a shot before I judged, they were great, plot line was nice, good to finally be off the entire Hyrule idea. But I hate how its a cartoon. Twilight Princess falls under Ocarina of Time, the graphics were amazing and they went back to the classic Legend of Zelda plot after the cartoon Legend of Zelda hiatus. biggrin.gif

I'm an absolute fanatic when it comes to the LoZ series. I've just replayed Wind Waker, after a few years. I just love that game to bits. The characters were just so loveable, and the plot was interesting. And the game play was very fun too.

Twilight Princess is the runner up in terms of favorites. Great game. Great plot. Gameplay, characters ect. I especially liked Midna in that game. She was one of my favorite companions. But, King of Red Lions is for the win.

Come on. Talking Boat. Pure win.

I posted back when the thread first opened that I was stuck between OoT and TP. I've thought about it and as much as I love OoT (it was the one that got me hooked on The Legend of Zelda) I'd have to say that I like TP more. I came very close to tears the first time I saw (SPOILER ALERT) Ganondorf crush the Fused Shadow that Midna always wore. Even to this day I still rephrase a line from the Lord of The Rings when ever I start round 3 (the horseback battle) of my fight with him: "For Midna."

TP was amazing, me and a friend played it together and it took us over a year to play it all the way through. After we were done we both had a major moment of pure silence in grief because we were going to miss it a lot.

~Novia9394

Over a year? Do you mean just the main story or the story including all of the side quests? Also, if you loved the game that much, why don't you play it again. The experience may be different since you already know what will happen, but the more you play it the more you can relax as you play 'cause you're not as stressed about not being sure what you need to do next, and you can enjoy it more. At least that's how it is for me.

It was the main story and quite a few of the side quests. My friend owned it and we'd only play when I had the time to go over and sit down to play which wasn't that often. Still it was a big thing, I tend to remember things best around the time between video games I've playing.

Well my friend isn't the type to play games over and over again billions of times. She isn't a hardcore Zelda fan like I am, I've played a lot of the Zelda games so many times I know them by heart. Hopefully I can get the Wii console soon and play Twilight Princess.

~Novia9394

o.0 This game definitely owned me... I can't say I didn't like it but I was never able to beat any one the few I tried T-T ... blame my horrible sense of direction lol brilliant main story though, all of them really ^.^

I'm going to have to go with ocarina of time as the best zelda game i've played.

Anyone heard of BEN?

Yeah the Song of Healing has been totally ruined for me. DX

I personally fell in love with the graphics on twilight princess very nice and such an improvement. Story wise i think that the earlier ones are a little more satisfying such as ocarina of times. My personal highlight in ocarina of time was escaping from the ranch with epona always made me feel so excited and it truly was an "f-yeah" moment lol

I have to say Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and A Link to the Past are my favorites. Of course, Twilight Princess's ending did make me cry, whereas the only game that got me that close was a MegaMan Zero game. xd.png

I liked Ocarina of Time for SEVERAL reasons.

• Balancing comedy and the action. Link running from the gorons is HILARIOUS. Of course, I can understand where he's coming from. Goron hugs must be scary. xd.png
  • Toying with the Ocarina. Did you know you could use sharps and flats if you pressed the right buttons in unison with the normal directions for notes? I found it fun. You could actually play complete versions of the song when making a song for that one scarecrow at Lake Hylia.
  • Shadow Temple. Enough said. Best. Temple. Ever.

As for Majora's Mask...

• Keaton. Nothing's better than a kitsune quizzing you about what you've played through about ten times and STILL (possibly) don't know, just to give you a heart piece when you get everything right. xd.png
  • Toying with the Ocarina, just like in Ocarina of Time.
  • MASKS. Zora form = AWESOME.
  • Song of Healing. If you don't get it, cut a sign apart and play that song. My favorite easter egg of all time... right next to a motherboard with "Rock Lobster" on it. xd.png

Finally, A Link to the Past.

• Uniqueness. I don't think any of the others had any of the plot elements this one did, save for the Master Sword.
  • Dark World. LOVED IT.

Of course, they all share the fact of having a good plot. I love them all for that - the former two especially.

Now to randomly disappear. Happy holidays, all. happy.gif

I have to say Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and A Link to the Past are my favorites. Of course, Twilight Princess's ending did make me cry, whereas the only game that got me that close was a MegaMan Zero game. xd.png

I liked Ocarina of Time for SEVERAL reasons.

• Balancing comedy and the action. Link running from the gorons is HILARIOUS. Of course, I can understand where he's coming from. Goron hugs must be scary. xd.png
  • Toying with the Ocarina. Did you know you could use sharps and flats if you pressed the right buttons in unison with the normal directions for notes? I found it fun. You could actually play complete versions of the song when making a song for that one scarecrow at Lake Hylia.
  • Shadow Temple. Enough said. Best. Temple. Ever.
As for Majora's Mask...
  • Keaton. Nothing's better than a kitsune quizzing you about what you've played through about ten times and STILL (possibly) don't know, just to give you a heart piece when you get everything right. xd.png
  • Toying with the Ocarina, just like in Ocarina of Time.
  • MASKS. Zora form = AWESOME.
  • Song of Healing. If you don't get it, cut a sign apart and play that song. My favorite easter egg of all time... right next to a motherboard with "Rock Lobster" on it. xd.png
Finally, A Link to the Past.
  • Uniqueness. I don't think any of the others had any of the plot elements this one did, save for the Master Sword.
  • Dark World. LOVED IT.
Of course, they all share the fact of having a good plot. I love them all for that - the former two especially.

Now to randomly disappear. Happy holidays, all. happy.gif

Oh i loved the instruments in majora's mask the zora guitar was my favorite. I got frustrated with the time thing though because i would always lose my rubies when going back Dx

and most irritating temple in all of zelda is the water temple sleep.gif

i don't even want to talk about it