Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

I prefer most of the older ones, as they started it all. The top 3 I like the most are, in no particular order, the original Zelda, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. I havent really tried the newer ones as much, as there are other games that usually keep me busy as well, but have wanted to play some of them more at some point.

iv only played TP,Link's awaking,and OoT.out of those,my fav is OoT.

I first got into the Zelda games when I was in Middle School. A Link to the Past was the first one that I beat. And for my 13th birthday, I got the gold version of Ocarina of Time. I still prefer the gold N64 version to the ones on GameCube and Virtual Console because some stuff was censored in the later versions.

Only played Wind Waker so far, but really enjoyed it cause of graphics and story

I've played Twilight Princess (still have to beat it) and Wind Waker (long time ago, never made it far) and of the two I prefer Twilight Princess. The graphics are amazing and you don't drown just from treading water.

I LOVE Wind Waker <3 Ah. The themes of Wind and Earth Temple, and the story how to get the instruments, are truly wonderful! (sorry if I did spoil something, 'am not sure~)

I've played Twilight Princess (still have to beat it) and Wind Waker (long time ago, never made it far) and of the two I prefer Twilight Princess. The graphics are amazing and you don't drown just from treading water.

That is rather odd... The Link that lives on an island can't swim very long. But the Link that has only a shallow stream and a fishing hole in his hometown can swim infinitely? This seems to be a theme, actually. OoT/MM: Infinite swiming. PH: Drown on contact.

Anyways, I voted Majora's Mask. Why? Three games that started my gaming: Pokemon (First game. Well, first 2 games. Meh, don't feel like explaining in this post), Super Smash Bros (Cue introduction to a ton of other games and characters), and Majora's Mask - the game that BEAT ME. I got it as a rental. I never even got the Ocarina. Hence, could never save. Deku Link was my first real play experience with LoZ. Come to think of it... that's probably why I love Deku Link so much. Hm. I have since bought the game and beaten it. Thiugh I'm still missing some bottles. tongue.gif

Aaanyway, I still play MM today. A lot. Mostly I'm running around playing as Epona through a glitch, which I can do for the whole 3 days straight with time slowed down and enjoy every minute of it.

Twilight Princess is a veery close second, though. As a matter of fact, I've claimed territories in wolf form, XP. I've finished it 100%, technically, but I purposely leave one unattained heart container and 3 'living' poes. But I know where they all are. I'm surprisingly clumsy and lost as human Link, though. I can get virtually anywhere in Hyrule as a wolf, no map nor warping. But as a human? I'm all like "Duh, how do I get there again?" lol.

*looks at post* Geez, I'm good at long-winded posts. <^_^;>

Edited by AlternateMew

The best zelda in my opinion is the SNES A Link To the Past. It's put together in such a manner that it's hard not to enjoy yourself. However, my favorite would have to be Majora's Mask. Probably based solely on the fact it was one of the first games I bought with my money and I played through it 100% probably 3-4 times. Deity Link was, quite frankly, awesome to my little 8 or 9 year old self lol

Heh, I'm working on MM right now on emulator. Got to Ikana and my parents confiscated my laptop, so now I'm still waiting to get it back. It sucks how short it is though, lot of potential there. Love the transforming masks, especially the Zora- I have spent entire three-day cycles just swimming around, wish there was more places to swim...and having all the gajillion sidequests was fun. My favorite, though, is OoT. That game is amazing. And I still have Masterquest to work on after I finish MM. And one of these days I will get a gamecube and play WW and TP.

Also I'm working on PH on my DS right now lol. Stupid annoying Ocean King Temple whatever-the-heck-it's-called. Gah. Not hard just really tedious.

OoT was really my introduction to gaming xd.png I was deprived as a child, then this year I found emulators. I spent this whole summer playing OoT.

Skyward Sword eventually...gee, wish I had money. xd.png I got PH off ebay and that's where I'll get TP and WW eventually too. As soon as my friend sells me his GC. xd.png Have a wii but it's family property. And I am taking my games with me to college next year lol.

I need to find the other GBA ones and also Spirit Tracks even though I am not impressed with what I've played of that on emu.

Edited by Imaginist

A link to the past gets my vote. It wasn't the first zelda (the nes one was) I played but I loved the looks on snes games... still do and that game was just brilliant. Played it through so many times that I had to start playing it upside down to get any challenge in it. tongue.gif

I absolutely love Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker's graphics were nice, but I like the realistic look.

After seeing my cousin play a game with horrible graphics I need this.

Blinding yellow text is hard to read.

Anyway, I would say that the original LoZ for the NES is the best.

A close second would have to be Link's Awakening for the GameBoy.

For third place, I would choose OoT.

Next would be MM.

Fifth would be A Link To The Past.

Sixth would be Twilight Princess.

Seventh would be The Adventures Of Link.

Last would go to WW. Horrible game. I hate the art style and the overall easiness of the game. Zelda games should be challenging. You should never be able to beat one without using a walkthrough. (The same can be said for TP, but I still liked the plot, graphics, and side quests much more[Plus I did have to use a guide to learn how to catch a fish.]). Seriously, I hated The Adventures of Link, but I hated WW much, much more.

Those are all the Zelda games I have played, so I can't say much for the others, although I can assume the sequel to WW sucked accordingly.

Well for me I got stuck on Minish Cap and PH and ST...

But about Minish Cap....One of my favorite games of all time! Saddened me enough at the end to cry! YES CRY!

OOT for sure, it was a Masterpiece, it is still my top game. The only complaint I had was back when I did get the game, I was stuck on how to beat Barinade (Jabu-Jabu's belly boss) so my family looked up a walk-through. So when I become an adult, and find shiek, my dad walks in and says (Spoiler): Sheik is Zelda.

I was so angry, but it was still very fun

Haha, I love the Lengend of Zelda series. I started playing the series when I was about nine or ten. I've been in love with the series ever since. Link's gotten smexy, too. ;D

My fav would have the be Link to the Past or Spirit Tracks. I've wanted to try playing Twilight Princess, but I'm broke right now. -.-

I love the legend of Zelda games! They were some of my first rpg's, but I didn't start until Oot on the game cube. That's why its my favorite, and I still need to beat Master Quest,

But for those of you who liked MM because there was a timed aspect to it, PH has a timed aspect to it too. The only thing I disliked about PH was that it didn't take me long to beat; I got it christmas and finished it before dinner without being completely antisocial... I really enjoyed the Ocean King's temple!

Traditionally, I get stuck on the water (and later ice) temples for weeks before I find the room with the item I need! he ^^;

Is it just me or is there a third place in the menu of twilight princess for link to have armor other then the hero and underwater outfits? and do you get a third outfit?

Edited by Nakita_Luna

Is it just me or is there a third place in the menu of twilight princess for link to have armor other then the hero and underwater outfits? and do you get a third outfit?

Yes.

SPOILER WARNING

It's the Magic Armor...

Twilight Princess is amazing!! I love being able to switch between a wolf or a human, it makes the gameplay that much more fun!! biggrin.gif

This is quite tough since I played most of them and love them all. I picked a link to the past since it was the first one i played and finished. BTW you missed one. wink.gif

I like the Zelda series but i havn´t the "new" consols so i play some of the Games only at my friends. So i must say, that The Link to the Past my favorit is. -.-