Kusanaetle

The Legend of Zelda series

In order to play the Skyward Sword game, do you need a wii remote with Motion Plus in it? Or will it work with a normal remote?

I haven't been able to play it yet (it's a christmas present... it's killing me not being able to play it either... it looks so awesome!!!)

It requires either a wii motion plus remote or a regular remote with the wii motion plus attatchment you can attach to the wii remote. Regular remotes won't work, since all combat abilities rely on the wii motion plus.

Skyward Sword is definitely one of the best Zelda games, if not the best. Me, I happen to love the plotline of TP a bit more, since it was my first Zelda game ever.

Oh. Well, I haven't played Wind Waker. xd.png But that sort of messes up the whole prim and proper 'Princess Zelda' thing they had going for OoT. I guess the DS games are just spin-offs or something? xd.png

Not really spin-offs; they're still part of the story. Zelda wasn't always prim and proper, anyway. In Minish Cap she was a very enthusiastic and cheerful girl, in Skyward Sword she's a knight-in-training with Link, and in Spirit Tracks she's a princess prone to freaking out and goofing off. Each Zelda has a different personality.

Besides, in Ocarina of time she's not that prim and proper either:

She masquerades as a member of the Shiekah to avoid Ganondorf.

I really liked Tetra's attitude in Wind Waker. She was a lot more independant than a stereotypical damsel in distress.

Well, really, nearly every Zelda game is a complete reboot. xd.png

I wouldn't really say that. They have a loose formula worked out, but nothing that would constitute calling them total reboots in my opinion.

*shrugs* Well, Ocarina of Time is definitely a reboot. Or at the very least unrelated to Zelda 1 and 2.

I'd rather not blatantly spoil any other Zelda games I may happen to play, thanks. No need to be rude...

In my opinion, every Zelda game I've played is all over the place and seems to have little to no relation to one another. Maybe I'm just not playing them in the right order.

But you haven't played that many Zelda games, have you? There are references and shout-outs in every single game in the series. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were both loaded with references and callbacks to Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time, Minish Cap offers an origin for an item from Four Swords, Ocarina of Time contains multiple shout-outs to earlier games in the series, and so forth.

It is possible to work out a loose timeline based on what happens and what you see in every game.

...though I've always had a hard time placing the Oracle games on any timeline.

Edited by Jackal

On the subject of Zelda being prim and proper: in OoT there's a Gossip Stone that says that Zelda is actually a tomboy.

As far as the time line is concerned: There is no official time line, and the one that Miyamoto and Aonuma use is pretty much considered top secret. And I personally have always placed the Oracle games between ALttP/LA and LoZ/AoL. If you think about it, (assuming the sleeping Zelda story happens post Oracles) it makes sense since it's the only time since before OoT that all three pieces of the Triforce have been in the Royal family's possession. Every other time they've only had the Triforce of Wisdom or Ganon has somehow managed to get all three himself.

My favourite game is and always will be OoT. I still have the original gold cartridge that I got for Christmas when I was 5 or 6. But I've played OoT, MM, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, TP, and A Link to the Past.

Out of those, the only one I didn't like was Spirit Tracks. I couldn't get past the ghost trains and that ruined the game for me.

Actually, this is perhaps going to sound odd, but does anybody else wish they would add more swords like the biggoron's sword from OoT?

I loved having the choice between a regular sword and a two-handed sword, and while the great fairy's sword from Majora's Mask was 2 handed, I wasn't really fond of it being a "C-item" since it felt more like an invincible deku stick than an actual sword. I really wish they would do that for future games, kinda disappointed that skyward sword doesn't seem like it's going to have one. (please don't say if it does or not, I'm trying to get through the entire story without lookin anything up)

Actually, this is perhaps going to sound odd, but does anybody else wish they would add more swords like the biggoron's sword from OoT?

Yes! I loved the biggoron's sword. It was my favourite weapon out of all the Zelda games. I loved being able to choose which sword I used, so I always collected it as soon as I possibly could.

The first one I played was on Snes. Then many years after it I played the Majora's Mask, and love it. Since then I played almost all of them, at least the ones that aren't on Wii (I don't have it).

My 5 favourites are:

1. Majora's Mask (N64)

2. Ocarina of Time (N64)

3. Twilight Princess (GC)

4. A Link to the Past (SNES)

5. The Wind Waker (GC)

The ones on gameboy and DS I like it too, but I prefer the other ones.

i like only Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Masion Mask. the New ones don't look like zelda that i like and they did not play right for me.

i like only Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Masion Mask. the New ones don't look like zelda that i like and they did not play right for me.

I believe you're referring to Majora's Mask in your post.

And how did they not play right? Most of the games have similar controls, except for the portable games and Skyward Sword for Wii. But Wind Waker and Twilight Princess play almost exactly like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Besides, how did the other games not 'look' like Zelda? Before Ocarina, all of the Zelda games were 2D, and every 3D game after it shares a similar look, but with different styles of characters and refined graphics.

I don't mean to pry, but I'm curious.

I believe you're referring to Majora's Mask in your post.

And how did they not play right? Most of the games have similar controls, except for the portable games and Skyward Sword for Wii. But Wind Waker and Twilight Princess play almost exactly like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Besides, how did the other games not 'look' like Zelda? Before Ocarina, all of the Zelda games were 2D, and every 3D game after it shares a similar look, but with different styles of characters and refined graphics.

I don't mean to pry, but I'm curious.

nothing agenst it, i'm happy to explain myself

you were right about the Majora's mask i was being to lazy the other day.

i should start with the reasons i like the both Ocerina of Time and Majora's Mask. the most common reason is that i have played them all my life and way before any of the newer ones came out. i have one of the gameboy color ones though i did not like it that much, though i did not like the gameboy that much so i guess that is a cause too. i used to have the original nintendo game here is a picture http://www.google.com/imgres?q=first+ninte...lds.blogspot.co and loved how it played on it thats how long i had been playing it. laugh.gif

graphics was the other, i love both their graphic styles the most. though because the old system went down i end up getting 'The legend of Zelda Collector's edition for the cube. i tried the Zelda the wind waker demo on it and i did not like it that well. i don't like the newer graphics on them all and most of the character on the newer ones i did not like either. i had not played the Twilight Princess yet though i plan to some times, though it just me, don't seem like the zelda i like because of graphics. i would like to see the original character in the graphic style of the Ocarina of Time in a new a game.

these are the example that i found of

the one that i like with there graphics

http://blastmagazine.com/wp-content/upload...-screenshot.jpg

http://ui06.gamefaqs.com/1957/gfs_17356_2_8.jpg

the ones i really don't care for or like on the graphics

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/previews/game...ind_waker_3.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/...10104846743.jpg (would play more than just demo if i get the right system though it would probably be played once in a wile.)

but mainly to answer your question the reason i like them is because graphics that i'm used to and the actions that you can preform. the story line too on them are more interesting than the others i think to.

I LOVE ZELDA GAMES

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've only played a little of OoT and nearly all of TP, but my opinion so far is that

the Zelda series is the best game EVER.

I'm anticipating getting the newest, Skyward sword.

(im saving up for it)

I have almost every Zelda game for almost every system.

I love the series and the story-lines. Now you made me want to play, haha.

Guess I'll do so later laugh.gif

You can probably already tell I like Zelda! xd.png I've played LA, OoT, TP, and in the third dungeon of SS. I'm also playing the Minish Cap on my 3DS! LOVE THE ZELDA SERIES!!!!!!!!! (Obviously)

One of my fave series of all time! I built up most of my gaming skills by playing LoZ: WW on the GameCube when I was younger! It has a big place in my electronic heart. The only thing they need is an ability to somehow control ice in a future game. GGGGOOOO ZZZEEELLLLLLLDDDDAAAA!!! biggrin.gif

Well, I have finished Skyward Sword on Hero (hard) Mode. Now to replay OoT, MM, and Twilight Princess.

Started SS last night I just about died laughing when when he started huffing & puffing then passed out sitting on the toilet, he can flush but not wash his hands ew. Stupid work there's nothing to do send me home already, must play zelda.

I'm halfyway through the last dungeon... and I played it for most of the day (I started from the beginning and ended up there) so I stopped... I'm "not allowed" to beat the game before next year (knowing me... I'll beat it at 11:59pm on New Year's Eve) and I know I'm kinda close to beating it...