jaylynn

Evanescence

Well fine then, I'm obsessed *shrugs*. I literally love all her songs. I never have one I feel like I just want to skip. One of my dreams in life is to actually meet Amy in person. I told my mom that if i hear there is a concert here in Salt Lake that I will have her or my dad get me tickets and hopefully a backstage pass. It just bugs me when people don't like the 'new' things. There's there differences, but then there's there similarities. Take pokemon as an example of it (yes I am a pokemon fan to), yes the new gen has very odd and even rather ugly and ridiculous pokemon, but some of the older gens did to. Look at Muk, or Magnemite. Evanescence still makes amazing and, in my opinion, deep songs. Her new songs are just as good as her old. But again, that's my opinion. I'm just stubborn tongue.gif. I'll back off now, just wanted to explain why I posted that, stuff like that just bugs me. It's a pet peeve of mine. Again, I'll admit I probably count in the category of obsessed.

I'm a fan of Pokemon myself and can kinda agree.

Anyway I love most of her songs so far just I do have one I will skip sometimes two if I'm not in the mood for it. Just be a fan of the music and share it with others that you know may like it. Forget the ones that aren't as, as you put it, obsessed with the band. Everyone likes or dislikes a band in their own ways.

Akiraa, I love Evanescense, I have since I first heard them. Up until I heard the new band with Amy's voice. Her voice doesnt flow as well with this new band. And I believe I am entitled to my own opinion of that.

As for being a true fan I agree with Demonicvampiregirl. There is no true fan, you like it or you don't. There is however obssesion. Which I don't have.

Now, back on topic.

I love Amy Lee's voice, and she does make up the band. But I prefur her with the old band members, because her voice is high, and soft and it flowed better. Not so much now since the band instraments sound a bit grungy. But, like I said, my opinion.

I do like the first album much more than The Open Door. I love her voice though. Even on Broken by Seether she was great!

That's entirely untrue. The vocalist does not make the band. Neither do the instrumentals. It's a combination thereof that we tend to like. Example, I LOVE old Chiodos music. I HATED the Illuminaudio album which was recorded after they kicked out the vocalist, Craig Owens. I LOVE Craig Owens voice, and I liked his new band DRUGS a lot, but not as much as I liked Chiodos before he left. Now Chiodos has Craig back and I love them like I loved them before. Just because I didn't like DRUGS as much as Chiodos doesn't make me "not a true fan."

As far as Evanescence, I like them. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but they're good. It irritates me when people refer to the band as "she" because there's more to the band than the vocalist.

I agree with this but at the same time I feel like Amy is the band anymore. She's the last original left and it just feels that way when I think of the band anymore. I'm not saying she's the only one and gets sole credit for everything no. I know their is four other members just I never hear anything about them at all.

That's entirely untrue. The vocalist does not make the band. Neither do the instrumentals. It's a combination thereof that we tend to like. Example, I LOVE old Chiodos music. I HATED the Illuminaudio album which was recorded after they kicked out the vocalist, Craig Owens. I LOVE Craig Owens voice, and I liked his new band DRUGS a lot, but not as much as I liked Chiodos before he left. Now Chiodos has Craig back and I love them like I loved them before. Just because I didn't like DRUGS as much as Chiodos doesn't make me "not a true fan."

As far as Evanescence, I like them. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but they're good. It irritates me when people refer to the band as "she" because there's more to the band than the vocalist.

I have always seen Amy as the band in her own way. I appreciate the others, and know they contribute more than just instruments and stuff to the band, but you can take any other band member away and replace them and it still be Evanescence, but if you take away Amy, it is no longer Evanescence. And usually when people say 'she' for Evanescence, they probably think that the band is named after Amy and so her name is Evanescence, I even read something where Amy was doing a miny rant on someone calling her Evanescence.

@DemonicVampireGirl

I like anyone who likes her songs, and all that, it's just I see it as you should like all her songs. tongue.gif Though again, I am obsessed, and will probably always be. But a fan is a fan, I guess. *Shrugs*

The band has great music. smile.gif Bring Me To Life is the one I'm the most familiar with, but My Immortal is probably my favorite. biggrin.gif Jamie's voice is amazing.

The band has great music. smile.gif Bring Me To Life is the one I'm the most familiar with, but My Immortal is probably my favorite. biggrin.gif Jamie's voice is amazing.

There is no one in Evanescence called Jamie.....

i love Evanescense, All songs there Great

My Immortal, Haunted, Bring me to life, Imaginary, My last breath.. ect ect lol

i thought Bring me to Life was Wake me up Inside.

thats my favorite song.

i thought Bring me to Life was Wake me up Inside.

thats my favorite song.

I used to think that too x)

I love "Bring Me to Life" soooo much after hearing it on TV the one time I watched American Idol. And this is coming from a girl who avoids metal and heavy guitar songs like the plague. Maybe it's because the singer is so freaking talented. Her range is right up there with Adele's. "My Immortal" is beautiful as well... *sniff*

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I've been really obsessed with Hello lately. |D I'm pretty sure it's my favorite song by them. I like how the background instrumentals are simple but still powerful, and Amy Lee killed the vocals.<3

I love Evanescence. I started out my love of rock with them and, though I sometimes stray, I always return.

'Hello' is my ringtone. xd.png

My favorite song at the moment has to be...Like You.

I like most of their songs and sometimes I listen to them as I fall asleep and when I'm sleeping too...

Falling in love with Evanescence again <3

I love all of their songs...my favorites are Lithium, My Immortal, My Heart is Broken, and Bring Me to Life.

My mum got me into evanescence, and i have only listened to going under and bring me to life, i like them they are good songs.

I prefer Bring me to Life and Hello myself. But just about every Evanescence song is wonderful, so why quibble over details? happy.gif

Bands break up a lot. Same thing happened with Paramore. Bring Me to Life really is a great song.

:wave: hello! And yes, that song is definitely awesome smile.gif

I love them too, this is my favorite new metal band i used to listen to them like everyday few years ago, my fave albums are Origin and Fallen, and my fave songs are understanding, plus ascencion of the spirit, Snow white queen, Before the dawn, My immortal, before the dawn, and eternal, but i like all their songs really, Amy lee is an amazing musicist and songwriter

So Evanescence is coming out with new material this fall! Synthesis is going to be an album that rebuilds a lot of the older and popular songs from scratch, but with the addition of a 300-person orchestra. There will also be two new original tracks as well. 

They have already released the new Bring Me to Life, which made me burst into tears the first time I heard it. Maybe I'm dramatic. But it's AMAZING! You can definitely hear the maturity to her voice and how much she's grown, and it's so cool to hear the song without a male voice included, the way she wanted it. 

I'm going to see them in October when they tour for this album. I'm so excited!!