jaylynn

Evanescence

Ah, Evanescence, one of my most favourite bands. I really love Amy Lee's voice, she's a very talented singer. Also, did you know that Evanescence used to be a Christian band? That's why the song "Listen to the Rain" sounds so much like a church choir.

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons (if not the) that Ben Moody split from the group. He wanted them to continue as a Christian rock band, but Amy Lee didn't want that. So he left.

And Amy Lee got the spot light~! <3 Gah, I love her.

My favorites are "Lithium", "Imaginary", "Call Me When Your Sober" and "Hello".

I love her voice, its so beautiful. <3

Evanescence is so awesome. True artists. Hear Amy Lee hit that whisper not on Weight of the World? Amazing.

I can't wait until their next album comes out!

Evanescence is great, except some of the songs are too heavy in my opinion. They're great to listen to when I'm depressed, though. I like My Immortal and Lithium the best.

And, I don't think the radio really makes a difference. The song is the still the same, no matter how many times it's played.

My older sister introduced me to them when i was really young. Every school talent show, I sing one of their songs and i always get top 3~ Love you Evanescense!!

Love them.

Imaginary, Call me when your sober, My immortal, Bring me to Life, Hello, and Snow White Queen wink.gif

Mmmmm! <3 New album coming out, and the first single was just released. I like it |D It's called "What you Want". There's snippets of other songs too, and I'm just dying to hear them in full. They all sound amazing so far.

=D

Edit: Amy's voice is just so powerful... /drool

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

They're pretty cool. I got Fallen for Christmas, and I'm loving it. Amy Lee has an amazing voice. <3

I am a big fan of Amy and her amazing voice.

My favourite album is The Open Door, I love the classical influences.

Fallen is great too, the new album I thought is good, though I will admit I was a little disappointed.

I'm seeing them live this March biggrin.gif

She's my idol really, I like to cover a lot of her songs, we have similar voices and range. Actually I just performed Sweet Sacrifice the other day, with full band, now that was epic.

My favourite songs would have to be Lithium, Lose Control, Sweet Sacrifice, Solitude, Everybodys Fool, Tourniquet, Swimming Home, Missing and Secret Door.

I listen to them, and I've done it for many, many years now. They're one of the best bands I've ever heard and I still love their music as much as I did the first time I heard "Going under", "Bring me to life" and "Everybodys fool". (:

Amy Lee is amazingly beautiful and so is her voice <3 I heard 'Imaginary' for the first time last year at a school talent show. Someone sang it, and I was like OMG WHAT IS THIS SONG so I looked it up...instantly hooked. <3

I am a HUGE fan of Evanescence. Amy Lee is my idol. I love all her songs, but some of my faves are: Hello, My Immortal, Going Under, Exodus, and Everybody's Fool.

I also really like Innocence. But again I love ALL of her songs.

i listen to her olderish music, i dont care for her new songs

They broke up. Amy lee left and got a new band. The new stuff sucks because the band she is with now is horrible.

They broke up. Amy lee left and got a new band. The new stuff sucks because the band she is with now is horrible.

I don't agree. A true fan would like ALL of her music in my opinion. In my opinion what makes the band Evanescence is Amy Lee. I like ALL her songs. No exceptions. I will admit I PREFER her older music more, but I still like her new music. But if you actually looked it up, every song I listed I am quite sure was made with her 'old' band.

I absolutely love Evanescence I listen to there old and new stuff (not the newest one yet! Have it but yet to play it!)

Akiraa there is no such thing as a "true fan" you are a fan if you like the music and that's that. I like most of their music but there is at least one I can skip each time it comes up. Doesn't make me any less of a fan because of it.

People prefer the "old" Evanescence over the "new" Evanescence. I like both of them as it is very good music either way in my opinion.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Akiraa, I love Evanescense, I have since I first heard them. Up until I heard the new band with Amy's voice. Her voice doesnt flow as well with this new band. And I believe I am entitled to my own opinion of that.

As for being a true fan I agree with Demonicvampiregirl. There is no true fan, you like it or you don't. There is however obssesion. Which I don't have.

Now, back on topic.

I love Amy Lee's voice, and she does make up the band. But I prefur her with the old band members, because her voice is high, and soft and it flowed better. Not so much now since the band instraments sound a bit grungy. But, like I said, my opinion.

Well fine then, I'm obsessed *shrugs*. I literally love all her songs. I never have one I feel like I just want to skip. One of my dreams in life is to actually meet Amy in person. I told my mom that if i hear there is a concert here in Salt Lake that I will have her or my dad get me tickets and hopefully a backstage pass. It just bugs me when people don't like the 'new' things. There's there differences, but then there's there similarities. Take pokemon as an example of it (yes I am a pokemon fan to), yes the new gen has very odd and even rather ugly and ridiculous pokemon, but some of the older gens did to. Look at Muk, or Magnemite. Evanescence still makes amazing and, in my opinion, deep songs. Her new songs are just as good as her old. But again, that's my opinion. I'm just stubborn tongue.gif. I'll back off now, just wanted to explain why I posted that, stuff like that just bugs me. It's a pet peeve of mine. Again, I'll admit I probably count in the category of obsessed.

I don't agree. A true fan would like ALL of her music in my opinion. In my opinion what makes the band Evanescence is Amy Lee. I like ALL her songs. No exceptions. I will admit I PREFER her older music more, but I still like her new music. But if you actually looked it up, every song I listed I am quite sure was made with her 'old' band.

That's entirely untrue. The vocalist does not make the band. Neither do the instrumentals. It's a combination thereof that we tend to like. Example, I LOVE old Chiodos music. I HATED the Illuminaudio album which was recorded after they kicked out the vocalist, Craig Owens. I LOVE Craig Owens voice, and I liked his new band DRUGS a lot, but not as much as I liked Chiodos before he left. Now Chiodos has Craig back and I love them like I loved them before. Just because I didn't like DRUGS as much as Chiodos doesn't make me "not a true fan."

As far as Evanescence, I like them. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but they're good. It irritates me when people refer to the band as "she" because there's more to the band than the vocalist.

That's entirely untrue. The vocalist does not make the band. Neither do the instrumentals. It's a combination thereof that we tend to like. Example, I LOVE old Chiodos music. I HATED the Illuminaudio album which was recorded after they kicked out the vocalist, Craig Owens. I LOVE Craig Owens voice, and I liked his new band DRUGS a lot, but not as much as I liked Chiodos before he left. Now Chiodos has Craig back and I love them like I loved them before. Just because I didn't like DRUGS as much as Chiodos doesn't make me "not a true fan."

As far as Evanescence, I like them. I'm not a die-hard fan or anything, but they're good. It irritates me when people refer to the band as "she" because there's more to the band than the vocalist.

This is true for most bands, but for Evanescence, no. Amy Lee is now pretty much what makes Evanescence. That is how they are recognized, is because of her. She's now the only original member left; she writes just about all of the music, and her voice is the original sound of the band. When the other members left, it didn't mean the band itself broke up. They were simply replaced by musicians who could play the music and contribute similar sounds. But Amy Lee is the front woman and pretty much what makes up Evanescence now. You can switch around the bands members as much as you want, but take out Amy Lee and it stops being Evanescence.

We Are the Fallen has a lot of the young Evanescence sound to it since it's Ben Moody's band. And, in this case, it's Ben's band, not Carly Smithson. WATF is an example of how every member makes up their part of the band. Evanescence is not one of those bands.