jaylynn

Evanescence

I am a big fan of Evanescense. Her band is really cool. They used to be all over the radio but after about a year after they broke appart they stopped playing so much and now I rarely hear them play any more. My favorite song by them is Going under. And Evanescense is not her name her name is Jamie lee.

Edited by hazeh

It was okay for a while, I must say. She has a wonderful voice and nice music, but the radios played the hell outta it all.

There's only so many times you can beat a dead horse before it turns into hamburger meat.

Happens to a lot of good bands, really.

Hm, the band's okay.

Bring Me to Life was the song that really caught my interest, though.

OH HAI JAYLYNN. (:

I guess you know that I like Evanescence.

I luff Call Me When Your Sober, Hello, and lots of others. (:

My favourite are My Immortal and Hello. They got back together and they are comming out with a new CD in the fall smile.gif Hopefully it is really good. I think the sad sounding songs are the best xd.png

I am a big fan of Evanescense. Her band is really cool. They used to be all over the radio but after about a year after they broke appart they stopped playing so much and now I rarely hear them play any more. My favorite song by them is Going under. And Evanescense is not her name her name is Jamie lee.

Innit Amy Lee? o.O

Ahem. But yes, I enjoy Evanescence, though I have to use a spell-checker every time I type their name. >.>

I'm a big fan of 'Imaginary,' 'My Immortal,' 'Call Me When You're Sober,' and 'Snow White Queen,' especially. =]

~Feathers

Ohhh, yeah now that you mentioned it yeah I'm pretty sure it is. Sorry people I say stupid stuff like that all the time stupid me. sad.gif

I love Evanescence. They're one of my favorite bands.

My favorites are My Immortal, October, Whisper...there's a lot more. They have some great songs for piano.

jaylynn, Evanescence did not break up. True, Ben Moody left the group, but they are still a band. The onl original member is Amy Lee, but I'm fairly certain the band only had two official members at the beginning, Amy Lee and Ben Moody. Mostly, they are not played anymore because it's been a while since they released a CD. I want to say The Open door was released in 2006, but I might be wrong. Also, they are not played as often because, while Fallen was very radio ready and playable, while also not being too mainstream, The Open Door was completely different. It was softer, more focused on her voice and having softer accompainiment to bring out the angelic quality of her voice. The first CD was more raw, focusing on a great contrast between the jagged, roguh-edged guitar, and her smooth, pure, lyrical, almost operatic voice. Ben Moody was a member for the first CD, and he was the main song writer. Amy Lee's song writing style is so vastly different, so the second CD was drastically different. Last I heard, Amy is working on a second CD. Anyway, now that that's out fo the way.

I noticed that pretty much every song mentioned on this thread was off of Fallen, their first CD. It was deffinitely the best. My favorite songs are Whispers, Tourniquet, Bring Me To Life, and, my all-time-favorite, Haunted.

I used to like Evanescence some 4 years ago. Now I think they're pretty meh.

I'd heard that song a few times...Broken, by Evanescence and Linkin Park?

And I decided that I absolutely loved her voice. She has such an impressive vocal range, which I'm sure many of us envy. ^^

Since then, I've made a conscious effort to hear more of Evanescence's songs. I like "Going Under", and "My Immortal" best, probably.

"Bring me to life" is also awesome, though, if that's the song I'm thinking of...

Evanescence is still amongst my favorite bands. As far as their songs go "My Immortal" and "My Last Breath" are the ones I really like, though their other songs are definitely not bad either.

I'd heard that song a few times...Broken, by Evanescence and Linkin Park?

Broken is by Seether with Amy lee as a guest singer. The music video is great <3

Evanescence has been my number one favorite band for a long time. I believe for about nine years? Something like that. I love every one of their songs, and it's so difficult for me to choose a favorite. I'm annoyed, like other fans, that moody leaked "You" to the public, but I have to admit I love it to no end. It's a very special song to me.

Anyways, Together Again was really awesome. I think my least favorite song is probably Snow White Queen, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. I just like everything else better |D And I was so surprised (and heartbroken, hahaha) when I found out Amy Lee got married. I wonder if they'll have children? For the life of me I can't see her as a mother. xd.png

Oh, and their live album is so fun. The DVD that it comes with cracks me up. Amy is such a dork. She's my role model. xd.png

I've been to a couple of their concerts. The first was pretty low key, but it was right after Open Door came out. I loved it. They did a cover of "People are Strange" (I can't remember who that's by. Echo and the Bunnymen, I think?) and it was so great. I have some great pictures from the second concert that I think are really amazing. <3 The opening band was Flyleaf. I was so excited back then, but now I don't like them (flyleaf) as much.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...mber2007084.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...mber2007042.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...mber2007069.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...mber2007090.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...mber2007045.jpg

Oh, and Hello is such a sad song... the story behind it is incredibly depressing.

Evanescence is one of my top favourite bands, and Amy Lee is awesome - I love her style of singing, and even more of her clothing. <3

Hello can always make me cry, but my favourites are My immortal and My last breath.

They recorded a new song, Together again, for the victims of the disasters in Haiti. sad.gif

The song is beautiful. <3

They recorded a new song, Together again, for the victims of the disasters in Haiti. sad.gif

The song is beautiful. <3

Really? I didn't know that's what it was about. Wow. Damn I love Amy Lee xd.png

I listen to Together Again like, every day. I'm doing an art project on some of the lyrics from that song, actually o:

They recorded a new song, Together again

Yeah, it is beautiful.

Actually everything in Amy Lee's songs is beautiful. And every song is, actually.

I just can say that the album(EP?) "Not for your ears" is too touchy to listen for me. Especially "Taking over me(long)", "I must be Dreaming" and "Farther Away" Love them <3

From the other albums I like "All that I'me living for", "Whisper", "Going Under"...

I love almost all their songs, I just can't count the ones I haven't heard and somehow "Zero" because there is something in its quality in my audio file T_T

I love her singing (which is unusual for me since I tend to prefer male singers). My favorite is Going Under.

I love her singing (which is unusual for me since I tend to prefer male singers). My favorite is Going Under.

Agreed! I like "My Immortal" too, though.

Ah, Evanescence, one of my most favourite bands. I really love Amy Lee's voice, she's a very talented singer. Also, did you know that Evanescence used to be a Christian band? That's why the song "Listen to the Rain" sounds so much like a church choir.

I can't believe I'm the only person whose favourite Evanescence song is Lithium. It's quite depressing, yet romantic at the same time, if you listen very carefully to the lyrics. I also like the songs My Immortal, Imaginary, Bring me to Life, and Tourniquet.