Just got a new sweater for Hippie. He tolerates it for about 15 minutes at a time, and then starts shaking every 5 seconds to tell me it's time to take it off. (The thing on the sweater is a moose, I think, or a reindeer maybe?) I'm hoping he will like the one I got him for Christmas a little better, it's not as heavy/thick.

101_9570.thumb.JPG.7658de47e68c9ee5f1ec5b7f9742cc49.JPG101_9572.thumb.JPG.72db4b428e5dd4b1afc1f875c5229465.JPG

I got a new puppy this weekend.  Her name is Jellybean and she is a corgi.

FD44B09E-229D-4D86-BD74-8E6557261FF5.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

I got a new puppy this weekend.  Her name is Jellybean and she is a corgi.

-snip-

I LOVE HER!! Oh gosh, she is soooo cute! I love corgis and I'm still planning to get one someday, but it's just not possible for a while yet, so I just stalk other people's corgis on the internet to give me some comfort, and dear Jellybean is definitely making me feel all warm and fuzzy! Also, what an amazing name :wub:

IMG-20181224-WA0021.jpg

Please pray for baby Lassie, my other dog attacked her unprovoked 😭😭 her leg is dislocated and may be broken, and I need to find her an open place to take X-rays tomorrow :(

On Tue Dec 25 2018 at 12:15 AM, Princess Kiara said:

IMG-20181224-WA0021.jpg

Please pray for baby Lassie, my other dog attacked her unprovoked 😭😭 her leg is dislocated and may be broken, and I need to find her an open place to take X-rays tomorrow :(

How is she doing?

13 hours ago, Aqub said:

@hazeh How is Frida doing now that she's lived with you guys for a few months? ^_^

Ah...well. We actually took her back to the rescue about two week after adoption. She kept trying to kill our cats and it came to a point that we just couldn't handle it any more. But she has since been adopted by her forever family, thankfully! She was sweet, but she was too high energy for our home and too willing to hurt the kitties. 

We've actually fostered a couple dogs since then. One big goofy shepherd who also was very interested in the cats, and then a small dog who had a plethora of issues we weren't aware of until we brought him home. So I think we're done for a while trying to find a second dog. It's been so stressful, and none of these "cat tested" dogs have actually been OK around cats. My poor cats!

@hazeh

Oh, sorry to hear that (and sorry to your poor cats. :lol:) I'm glad she's found a good home now though! It's sad you couldn't find a dog that worked out, too. I hope when you decide to start looking again, things will go better! I've thought for a while rescues especially should be more thorough with their "cat testing." :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Aqub said:

@hazeh

Oh, sorry to hear that (and sorry to your poor cats. :lol:) I'm glad she's found a good home now though! It's sad you couldn't find a dog that worked out, too. I hope when you decide to start looking again, things will go better! I've thought for a while rescues especially should be more thorough with their "cat testing." :rolleyes:

If most rescues are like our shelter, we barely have time in our flat out days to test dog-to-dog interactions without also taking extra time to put our cats at risk. 

I am glad the dog found a great home, @hazeh.

18 hours ago, Aqub said:

@hazeh

Well, I think it was partially our fault for relying on the five-minute exposure these rescues considered a proper "cat test." We knew we should have tried dogs that were already fostered-- a point I kept repeating to my fiancee-- with cats, but for whatever reason we kept coming home with rescue dogs that were effectively living at shelters. 😅 So, we really should have been more proactive and aware of the situation instead of falling for the "the dog passed the cat test!" every time. 

Wishing that I had a dog, but my landlord said NO dogs and especially NO cats...

On 3/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, Lagie said:

How is she doing?

Much better thank you! Metal frame is off, she's running like crazy now :D

33 minutes ago, Princess Kiara said:

Much better thank you! Metal frame is off, she's running like crazy now :D

Good news! :D

I am house sitting three Chihuahuas, a Yorkie and a Lhasa Apso (supposedly; I am unconvinced) at the moment. They're all somewhat elderly!

7 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

097A0C37-12B9-4FE2-AB82-239B36542EB2.jpeg

Cute! Looks like our local potcakes! :)

She's big, @Marcus Pheonix! (I thought at first that tag was her tongue. XD )

Edited by Lagie
Misgendered...

Hippie *loves* going on car rides, and I love taking pictures of how happy he looks! We often take him with us on errands, mom stays in the car with him while I go in the store/etc, mom doesn't have to walk (bad knee) and Hippie gets a fun car ride.

IMG_20190404_163033.jpg

I am both a cat and dog person. I have a sweet little Australian Kelpie named Dream. She is the best doggo.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:42 AM, Marcus Pheonix said:

My dog is making headlines in new positions to sleep comfortably

AECBCE76-E019-48D9-BF60-1EF006CF9114.thumb.jpeg.d4e1f6a10154a8baa553522b34ab7882.jpeg

Awww. Mine sleeps on his back sometimes. XD Absolutely adorable. 

4E7C7D4D-6F24-477A-BEFF-92C172EDF1B8.jpeg

F9181F01-597A-43F3-AB8C-ECB3D80BF51A.jpeg

52BB6D05-B60D-4E60-85A1-F9D602307B35.jpeg

This is my world, his name is Josh (more commonly known as Joshysplodge) he is 15 years and 9 months, and a black labrador cross border collie, although before he went handsomely grey you couldn't tell he just looked like a black labrador with a white tip to his tail.

He now has three legs due to a tumour on his front leg when he was 13, but he still knows how to enjoy life, and bring joy in to my life.

I'd be lost without him❤

20171225_195350.jpg

20171225_195323.jpg

3 hours ago, Bloommist said:

This is my world, his name is Josh (more commonly known as Joshysplodge) he is 15 years and 9 months, and a black labrador cross border collie, although before he went handsomely grey you couldn't tell he just looked like a black labrador with a white tip to his tail.

He now has three legs due to a tumour on his front leg when he was 13, but he still knows how to enjoy life, and bring joy in to my life.

I'd be lost without him❤

20171225_195350.jpg

20171225_195323.jpg

Aww. Looks like a lovely fellow!