Im excited, a good friend of mine breeds english cream goldens. She has a litter due in the end of January I believe! I can't wait to play with them.

She has the most wonderful dogs, other than her pair of goldens, she has two wonderful Bernice mountian dogs, a pet golden from a prior litter, and a little Jack russel mix. I love getting to play with them.

Apartment life without dogs is tough. At least I have the rabbits and friends who have dogs I can visit.

Dogs are one of my favorite types of pets! I hope to one day get a small companion, as a big dog is difficult to manage in our kind of house.

My dad owns 3 German shorthaired pointers (two solids, one spotted), and I love them to bits! I'm still more of a cat person, though. Dogs are a bit too much for me to handle. tongue.gif

in my house i have 3 cats and 1 dog. my dog is older then me. His name is Tikki (short for Tickles). He is a pomeranian and the avergage amount of time for a pomeranian to live is 10-12 years. He is 13. I'm afraid of how much longer i will have with him sad.gif I will miss him dearly when he's gone.

We have German Shepherds. My 14 year old male (who I'd had since he was 8 weeks old), died about 2 years ago, and we now have a 4ish year old female who we adopted about 2 years ago. She was my foster and I fell in love with her, so she never left.

We also foster GSDs for a GSD rescue organisation.

I LOVE DOGS!!! wub.gif I still own the first one I ever got. smile.gif

My poodle's name is Bubi, he's a miniature poodle, and my mum bought it for me and my sister when our parents got formally divorced to help us get over the fact that we are no longer a family the way we used to be. Since Bubi came into our lives as a puppy we adore him every day and he changed us a lot, for the better of couse. smile.gif

He's almost thirteen years old, crazy and a bit territorial and aggressive, but either way, he loves us and we love him. I was very sick a couple of days ago and he didn't leave my side for one second. He even wanted to go to the ER with me when my parents took me there.

And back when grandma had cancer, he was staring at the window, howling and whining until the day she came back home after the surgery that saved her life. Many, many times has he proven that he adores us. He is a dog with a pedigree and everything, but he was also a reject from his own siblings (an extra puppy that had to be fed in the end), so I am more than happy that it was him who my mother took home. wub.gif

Aside from dogs, I adore other animals too - and my mum, my sister and I are members of an organization that helps stray and abused dogs (and other animals, but mostly they find dogs) get the best vet treatment and find new homes and loving families. wub.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I spent so long looking for this thread!

I absolutely LOVE dogs! So much so that if I'm anywhere with my boyfriend and he sees a dog, he points it out to me. smile.gifsmile.gif

My dog is a beautiful kelpie cross heeler called Ninja. Here is a selfie he took. smile.gifsmile.gif lol tongue.gif

He's very gentle, as in you can grab at his face and he won't even be bothered, but he gets excited very easily and will jump on you. I'm trying to teach him not to, but it's pretty hard.

Also, he absolutely LOVES fetch. Once I was in the bathroom and I could hear him dropping a tennis ball just outside the back door and asking not to come inside, but to play fetch. Haha. smile.gif

This is a photo from the day that we first got him. <3 What a cutie. He was so tiny that we had to put him in a cat harness. smile.gif

This is from when he decided he wanted to be a character on the Simpsons.

I had a hamster and yes, I walked my hamster on a leash... Lol. It always got bullied by the neighbour's cat so I guess Im a dog person. Besides they are adorable.

I miss my Dad's Chocolate Lab, Ellie, she was such a sweetheart. He got her at 5 weeks old. Once I move back to McMinnville and am living out there on the farm Dad said I could get my son a Lab puppy. I am thinking since we've started going through the alphabet for names that since F is next I would name her Foolish. Edited by blackmagicrose

We had puppies in the lab at school today! (I'm going to school to be a vet tech.)

Edit: Does this forum not have spoiler tags or something.....?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image/10997067_595414767269254_2059242668_n.jpg

Edited by Dewdropmon

^ /die

Such cute puppies!

At some point I'd like to get another dog--got to get my life back in order, first x.x

My doggie is a Tibetan Spaniel. He's so sweet and very quiet. He's really cuddly and loves to sneeze in everyone's face.

He's getting kinda old, but he still runs around the house like a puppy.

Even though he's got a pink bed that he loves, he still roams around the house checking on everyone to make sure everyone's where they're supposed to be.

He's the best doggie despite his awful smell and tendency to get into the trash. I love him so much <3

We had puppies in the lab at school today! (I'm going to school to be a vet tech.)

user posted image

OMG!! THOSE ARE SOOOOOOO CUTE!!! One of my friends is doing the same thing as you and pets come and visit her too! I'm jealous. D: But I don't want to be a vet. so yeah. tongue.gif

Here's some more photos of my dog... because he's so cute! smile.gif

He wants the treat.

Waiting for me to throw the ball

He thought I threw the ball... but I didn't. wink.gif

This is a random dog I saw that was tied up sooooo well while his mummy did the shopping.

This was Ellie.....my Dad's purebred Chocolate Lab.....GAWD we miss her.

First pic she wanted to play and the second she went in the Suburban and wouldn't come out for a few hours cause I had painted her toenails teal green and she was mad at me....LOL

user posted image

user posted image

This was Ellie.....my Dad's purebred Chocolate Lab.....GAWD we miss her.

First pic she wanted to play and the second she went in the Suburban and wouldn't come out for a few hours cause I had painted her toenails teal green and she was mad at me....LOL

user posted image

Awww!! She's adorable!

My dog farts a lot do other people have this problem? lol

Ellie did when she got older. We lost her at almost 15 years old. My niece's Yellow Lab, Boomer does a lot too and he's 9 years old. And the smell when they let one is BAD!!!! *gags*

I'm fostering a wolfdog at the moment. She was one of 201 dogs that were seized from a hoarder. I just got her this weekend from a sanctuary. Although then I ended up missing the valentine drop happy.gif'. Booo!

user posted image

Edited by Syaoransbear

I've got two dogs. One of them is maltese, she's 9 years old, and the other one is maltipoo, he's 9 months old (he looks like maltipoo that Ellen DeGeneres has)

I have a terrier mix, she's about 35 pounds and has long, curly reddish-tan fur that I trim so she looks like a hyena.

My roommate has a Chihuahua that's the same color and she's the cutest little thing. She reminds me of Bambi and she's super sweet.

I love dogs but have never been able to own one as as a child they always attacked me or ran away from me. Always wanted to own a German Shepherd smile.gif

I'm fostering a wolfdog at the moment. She was one of 201 dogs that were seized from a hoarder. I just got her this weekend from a sanctuary. Although then I ended up missing the valentine drop happy.gif'. Booo!

user posted image

She's beautiful! Poor thing. How is she doing? I don't, personally, agree with people breeding wolfdogs, but it's good of you to foster her. I hope she is able to adjust and find a permanent home that can propery care for her.

does anyone have a pet brush, that works on both dogs and cats, that they would be willing to swear by

we have 2 large indoor/outdoor dogs and 5 indoor cats that are shedding their summer coats to get ready for winter coats, its getting really bad

4 of the cats were indoor/outdoor cats before we moved last year but we lost our oldest cat the first night here, she ripped open one of the window screens and got out (after that I paid $2000 to have the window screens replaced with cat wire screens), so all cats are now indoor cats

the types of fur are

1 short hair dog (american bulldog)

1 medium thick hair dog (Rottweiler throwback)

1 short hair domestic cat

1 medium hair domestic cat

1 medium hair cow cat (his kind have a name but I cant remember it, they show up in any breed of cat and are always black and white)

1 double coat short hair cat (manx)

1 domestic kitten who looks like he will have medium to medium long hair

omg i love dogs so much!!! i've loved them since i was little but only recently did we get one of our own. i'm a bit nervous since she's our first dog, but i love to walk her and she's the cutest thing!!

she used to be super clingy and would cry whenever she was left alone in the house, but luckily we managed to train her out of it by going out for short periods of time and coming back, then slowly extending the periods. she still loves to cuddle and will follow you anywhere, though!!

some pictures of her <33

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

does anyone have a pet brush, that works on both dogs and cats, that they would be willing to swear by

we have 2 large indoor/outdoor dogs and 5 indoor cats that are shedding their summer coats to get ready for winter coats, its getting really bad

4 of the cats were indoor/outdoor cats before we moved last year but we lost our oldest cat the first night here, she ripped open one of the window screens and got out (after that I paid $2000 to have the window screens replaced with cat wire screens), so all cats are now indoor cats

the types of fur are

1 medium hair cow cat (his kind have a name but I cant remember it, they show up in any breed of cat and are always black and white)

I found (in my own experience) that a mixture of two brushes works best with short hair animals.

First I use this one. Short hair sticks to the plastic a lot better and you can get the majority of it off.

Then after that I use this one. Try to get one with the short pins (or whatever you call it).

Another thing is... I usually brush my dogs when I bath them. It washes all the extra hair away and then again when I blow dry them. It does take up a lot of time at first but its worth it in the end.

I have dogs with long hair at the moment (two Yorkshire Terriers) so I don't have the hair problem so much any more. I use a normal hair brush on them... Sometime a bit confusing cause my hair brush is the same make as theirs. Guess who brush with the wrong one regularly. dry.gif

Anyway I still brush them went I give them a bath and then again with I blow dry them.

the types of fur are

Personally, I use a Furminator on my dog. It's very useful, gets the fur off, and he sheds much less I think. And since he's a Husky/Great Pyreneese mix, that's saying something.

BUT: If you want to buy one, buy it online! It was $15 less than at the pet store on Amazon, I believe.