I can't decide between working lines vs german show lines for my next german shepherd puppy. I'm looking for an intro schutzhund dog, but I could find that in either of the lines. What I really need is a rock solid temperament, which leans towards working lines. But I don't want a crazy energetic dog that needs like 5 hours of intense exercise a day in order to be sane.

And I like black sables(working lines):

user posted image

and red and black saddlebacks(german show lines):

user posted image

pretty equally, so I can't even decide based on looks, although I would prefer a plush coat(show lines) but I like the topline of working lines better.

Structure wise, I want something very athletic but with a larger head and bone structure. That's also in either of the lines, although working lines would be more athletic.

Decisions, decisions....

Both are very nice dogs. It just depends on what type you like.

I have had both.

Everyones dogs sound wonderful and I love all of the pictures. Can't help but love them all.

I picked up Noah today! It was a 3 hour car drive there and back, but he is amazing! He's a purebred White German Shepherd Dog.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That's a good looking white german shepherd. His pigment is great, he doesn't even have snow nose!

Thanks everyone! We went to PetSmart and got him a nametag today.

(There must be something wrong with my iPod camera. x_x)

user posted image

i had a traditional marking border collie when i lived with my parents

cutest little ball of energy, she was the best

unfortunately i didnt get to keep her, but im hoping to get a dog of my own soon

preferably an australian shepherd. i cant decide on which colouration i'd like, but they're all really cute so im not sure it will really matter (●´艸`)

I like big dogs. The bigger, the better. smile.gif

I'm especially partial to rough collies, like Lassie, because my parents used to foster rescued collies when I was very young and I have fond memories of them. But when our last one died tragically, my parents were too heartbroken to get another. I miss him dearly, but I want more collies in the future.

Huskies are also dogs that I like very much. They're so pretty. wub.gif

So my lab has gone to stay with my mother-in-law for a couple of days (we're on a major LAN session from early tomorrow). Funny how empty the house feels without him...

I had black yorkshire terrier. I raised her for five years... after I moved to small house, I gave her to my grandmother...

I used to have a dog named Titan(half black lab and half irish setter) but he died(put down really) two days ago (Sept. 11) due to his cancer coming back again. I miss him soooooo much

I had him for 13 years

Thats terrible, I can feel with you...one of ours did last month. I still catch myself saying things like.. I could buy this for Merlin, he'd like that.

I hope You'll get over it and can remember your good times with him.

I love dogs in person, but I love drawing and animating cats.

I have a spazzy yet lazy Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Ginger.

I heard somewhere her breed is like worth a few thousand dollars but my nana rescued her for twenty.

Personally, I detest dogs. They're annoying, bark, chase after things that aren't theirs to chase, are usually out of control, and I just don't think they're cute at all. Granted, where I live, people don't read the fifty-thousand signs saying they have to keep their dogs on leash and pick up their poo, but still.

I used to be beyond petrified of dogs, no reason for it, I was just always scared of them, I used to think they would take my soul, you know because people say dogs don't have souls so I thought they tried taking people's souls instead.

We dog sat for a neighbor for a few months, my sisters grew attached to the dog, but I didn't.

But my uncle had given us a dog when I was 12, because he was moving to a place where he could only own one, and I warmed to her quickly, after a year we moved where we couldn't have pets so I gave her to my best friend, she was a chihuahua/daschund mix and was adorable. When I was sixteen she got out and accidentally ate rat poisoning, it was horrible knowing she was suffering.

And when I was about fourteen we got the dog we currently own, a border collie mix (there's something else in her but I'm not sure what) she's the same dog that we dogsat in the past, apparently her owner was really abusive, when we got her back she was all bones, and was missing hair in patches, and since then she hates males, or any strangers really, but she's a good dog if we let her know the stranger isn't a threat.

She was a puppy survivor from Hurricane Katrina, and storms frighten her because of it.

She's also getting old and is starting to get seizures more and more frequently, I'm worried we're going to have to put her down soon so she won't be suffering.

Personally, I detest dogs. They're annoying, bark, chase after things that aren't theirs to chase, are usually out of control, and I just don't think they're cute at all. Granted, where I live, people don't read the fifty-thousand signs saying they have to keep their dogs on leash and pick up their poo, but still.

Dogs can be well trained, well mannered AWESOME companions if they are taught to be. I'm sorry you've not met well behaved/well managed dogs. I get very disheartened when I see dogs blamed for their owners' shortcomings.

My life would seriously be a bleak & dull existence at times without the canine (and feline) companions I share it with. It's sometimes baffling to me that others feel otherwise.