Sadly, shelters usually don't have time to retrain dogs that need training that badly, and no one else really wants to adopt a dog that already has problems, either.

Sadly, shelters usually don't have time to retrain dogs that need training that badly, and no one else really wants to adopt a dog that already has problems, either.

The last we heard he'd been taken in by a couple without children and was doing well, so hopefully it was just a matter of him finding a quieter home to live in.

We had a cat that was like that, as well--several years ago we got two kittens at the same time; one was great with kids, tolerant and cuddly, and she's still with us and much loved today. The other was a nervous kid-intolerant creature who kept pooping on my bed because he was stressed out. He went to an elderly couple's home and had no further problems.

I like kid-friendly animals. ;___;

Also most shelters can't risk letting a dangerous dog go to a family. They'll normally only rehome dogs like that to people they've known for a long time who have a history of dealing with 'difficult' dogs.

I am currentl looking for a dog, we want an indoor dog that is sturdy, for our little ones. That is also protective of them to sleep in or right outside their room, and that doesnt shed a lot. Fun stuff, haha, almost all the best ones shed a lot. We have two dogs already and chow/lab mix and a rott/golden/shepard mix that both shed a ton. The chow is 12 and acts like a pup and the rott is about 2 1/2 and is still ALL puppy in behavior. But he's 60 lbs so hes a little big to come inside and be a 'puppy'.

Have you considered a Staffie? They're robust small dogs, and their reputation with children is second to none.

Have you considered a Staffie? They're robust small dogs, and their reputation with children is second to none.

No, I had forgotten about those, thanks! My husband loves bull terriers so ill bet thatll be a hit!

My boyfriend's family has a Chocolate Lab. One of his dad's employees had a lab that gave birth to 12 pups, so they ended up buying Coco (original name for a chocolate lab, huh? The original owners named her, so the name stuck.) She's almost 2 years now and very energetic. She's also about as big as her brothers; her sister Zoe is about 35 pounds lighter than Coco. Her favorite thing, besides eating, is chewing on her orange and blue ball (and swimming).

My future brother-in-law and his wife own a Boxer named Rigby. She is the sweetest thing. She has a deep bark, but her bark is worse than her bite. Her first owner abused so she's very skittish around new people and sudden noises/movement. (If an acquaintance of her current owner comes in the house, she'll bark/growl and cower at the same time until they're introduced). Once you introduce yourself, she's one of the nicest dogs ever. And she absolutely adores children.

For all you guys who have pets you're pretty lucky. I used to have two goldfish but they died on me. My aunt has a male Samoyed that she's planning on neutering later this year but he doesn't live with me. tongue.gif Still I wish I had my own dog like a Golden Retriever or whatever they'll allow at my place tongue.gif

This is my dog, his name is Chrono and he's a purebred german shepherd:

user posted image

My dog was the ringbearer at our wedding 8 days ago. We even had a suit tailored to fit him!

I didn't get any good pictures of it because I had no where to carry a camera, but hopefully when we get back from our honeymoon I'll put him in his suit again and get some pictures. If it still fits. He's staying with my mom while we're in mexico and he's probably 10 pounds fatter by now. dry.gif

I have two cavs (King Charles Cavaliers) who are the sweetest things in the world. tongue.gif They're still only puppies (4 and 6 months) and I love them to pieces.

This is Louis (6 months), pronounced Loooo-eeeee, not Lewis. tongue.gif

user posted image

And this is Mia (4 months), pronounced M-eeee-uh, not M-eye-uh.

user posted image

Mia's not that bright, but she's incredibly loving. Louis is very smart though. He picks new things up instantly when I'm teaching him. They're both such little sweethearts.

wub.gif

I love my pups.

wub.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

user posted image

Caine Camping (look up "Caine Camping" on youtube for some videos!)

user posted image

Caine all curled up on the couch

user posted image

Caine sleeping on his bed

user posted image

Caine giving me a funny look

He is a german shepherd/malamute mix and the sweetest boy ever

we go to the dog park everyday and he just loves to play and meet all the other dogs

he was a stray when we found him, and decided he was too beautiful not to keep =)

Edited by ghrowl

Syaoransbear, that's adorable! Did he do a good job of bearing the ring? tongue.gif And congrats, by the way.

I don't think I've ever seen a fully black German Shepherd before. I wouldn't have even guessed that's what he was. Though I've had people ask me about my fully brown pup (pictures above) because most people think of cavvies as being blenheim. I've even had two people with cavvies of their own ask me, which just seems a little stupid to me. tongue.gif

So pardon my ignorance. I don't know much about German Shepherds, except that there's a beautiful one at the dog park near me that my Louis loves to death. xd.png

@ Syaoransbear: What a handsome boy! =) And congrats. ^^

German Shepherds are <3

Thanks biggrin.gif!

Syaoransbear, that's adorable! Did he do a good job of bearing the ring? tongue.gif And congrats, by the way.

I don't think I've ever seen a fully black German Shepherd before. I wouldn't have even guessed that's what he was. Though I've had people ask me about my fully brown pup (pictures above) because most people think of cavvies as being blenheim. I've even had two people with cavvies of their own ask me, which just seems a little stupid to me. tongue.gif

So pardon my ignorance. I don't know much about German Shepherds, except that there's a beautiful one at the dog park near me that my Louis loves to death. xd.png

Thanks! I'm actually not entirely sure how well he did because I was hiding at the back and unable to see him walk down the aisle. People have told me he was good, though. He was whining a lot before it started, though, because he just wanted to walk and not stand there and wait.

Most people think they only come in black and tan, so I'm used to people thinking he's a mix. Even a lot of german shepherd people don't know about all the colors. They come in a bunch of different colors and coat patterns.

Here's some nifty charts(done by AbbyK9)

user posted image

Colors

user posted image

Patterns

Edited by Syaoransbear

My bio teacher has an older golden retriever, and a golden retriever puppy; and they're cute, but the puppy is super-duper hyper. I also used to have an Irish Setter, but she's gone. 8c

I have four Yourkies

This is Flenters (grey) and Vlooi (black)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...7279_9058_n.jpg

From left to right is Muggie, Tigger and Krummel.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Dr...om/DSC02141.jpg

And they are all related happy.gif

Vlooi is the mother of Flenters

Muggie and Flenters is the parents of Tigger and Krummel

This is a picture from when the when Tigger and Krummel were puppies tongue.gif

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Dr...dom/Puppies.jpg

My boyfriend's family used to have a black German Shepherd mix before she died of old age. She was a sweet dog and kind of became a neighborhood dog. I think there was only one neighbor that didn't like her and that was because he wasn't an animal person (or a people-person, if I remember the stories right).

I used to have a red Queensland Heeler (or Australian Cattle Dog, whichever you want to call it). Her name was Fidget, and she definitely lived up to her name. Very hyper active, loved to dig, and absolutely hated the rain. And I definitely think she had a crush on the dog across the street. Every time we went walking, she would want to run across to meet him. When she got to the fence, she would stand and whimper until he came over to say hi. I'm just a little sad that both dogs are gone.

My boyfriend and I have a male black and rust, Doberman, and a male blue and tan, Australian Cattle Dog. The big guy will be two next month and the ACD is four.

The Dobe is named Gewehr which means rifle in German, and the ACD is Tallan, for Tallangatta in Australia. When he was five months old, I imported Tallan into Canada from Australia, as I was raising ACDs for work and show at the time and I wanted his bloodlines so bad. It took me a year to pick out the perfect pup and I have not been disappointed. Unfortunately, he has two faults that will keep him from the show-ring, but he is my teddy-bear, my best friend, and is the best dog I have ever owned. When I had to leave my former husband, and life, behind, he came with me. There was no way I was going to leave my teddy-bear behind.

The Doberman we adopted out of the blue. Dobes were always my favourite breed, but I never had a chance to own one, and then ACDs took over as my top breed. Then, we heard from a friend that he needed a new home for his 3 month old pup. He fell in love, and unfortunately forgot that he worked 12 hour days, which meant that puppy Gewehr was alone, and crated, a LOT. We brought him home with us with the intention of finding him a good home...and here he has stayed laugh.gif

Gewehr.

user posted image

Tallan:

user posted image

The boys together wub.gif

user posted image

My ddddoooooooggggggsssssss ninja.gif

user posted image

Chester here is half basset hound and half Australian cattle dog

user posted image

And this is Rocky. He's a pure bred basset

So yeah...that's pretty much it

Hm... well I'd rather have a dog than a cat. A terrier to be specific. biggrin.gif However, I can't have pets. :c

Edited by Dauntingale

I have four Yourkies

This is Flenters (grey) and Vlooi (black)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...7279_9058_n.jpg

From left to right is Muggie, Tigger and Krummel.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Dr...om/DSC02141.jpg

And they are all related happy.gif

Vlooi is the mother of Flenters

Muggie and Flenters is the parents of Tigger and Krummel

This is a picture from when the when Tigger and Krummel were puppies tongue.gif

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/Dr...dom/Puppies.jpg

Aww cute! I'm totally jealous that you have so many! I want more dogs, but I'd have no where to keep them all. Two is, unfortunately, my limit.

And thanks for the info, Syaoransbear! I had no idea there was so much variation with German Shepherds. But the other day I saw a German Shepherd x Siberian Husky and it was the most beautiful thing ever. wub.gif It's coat was so soft!

Edited by StormWizard212

I have a 12 year old Siberian Husky named Shadow. And I have an 8 month old Rottweiler. They're both a bit dim, but very sweet and gentle. Well, there are hazards that come along with big dogs, but they never intend on hurting anyone.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by danis