urufu

Which Hogwarts' House do you Belong With?

Wich house are you in?  

592 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I was younger and reading the books I probably was dead set on wanting to be Slytherin or Ravenclaw because I wanted to be something really cool yet not the "obvious pick" I guess. I feel like I know myself better now though and it is not a shock at all that I generally get Hufflepuff in personality tests. Being older and more secure with how I am, I find myself enjoying seeing myself in healer roles and being gentle and sorta motherly.

That's not to say I think I'd be a side character though, I always view myself as being a main character interestingly enough.

pottermore sorted me ravenclaw back in the day but i feel like it was a fluke or smth... ive always felt very strongly hufflepuff. i was salty about being stuck as ravenclaw tho so i made a different account and got hufflepuff there.

Edited by Switch

pottermore sorted me ravenclaw back in the day but i feel like it was a fluke or smth... ive always felt very strongly hufflepuff. i was salty about being stuck as ravenclaw tho so i made a different account and got hufflepuff there.

Did you get sorted in the original pottermore or the updated/fairly recent pottermore? The old pottermore had a long, detailed quiz that was pretty good. The new pottermore asks very few questions and isn't all that accurate. My friend wanted Slytherin and ended up taking the quiz like five times, getting a different result nearly ever time.

Point being, if you took the short version, I'm not at all surprised it put you into a house you don't feel is correct.

Bummer they never put the patronus quiz up on the old site because I have a feeling it would have been better than whenever it gets added to the new site. >_>

Also ( o_o)/

~Puff buddies~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm a Slytherin. <3

Although I was once sorted into Ravenclaw but I think I'm a good mix of both the houses.

But mostly, Slytherin is where my loyalty lies, and its the house I most identify with.

Slytherin's can be just as brave as Gryffindor, the difference is that we are not recklessly so. We plan and use cunning to get the things we want and to get places.

We are also ambitious and determined people. We are loyal to those who have our trust.

In a way, I think we have traits from all houses. But we are entirely different because we're just so much more awesome than everyone else wink.gif

We are not however, all that bad as the books make out (Harry was a bit of a prat anyway)

There are some nice Slytherins, like Andromeda Tonks, and Slughorn, not to mention Merlin was a Slytherin smile.gif

Its just that the Death Eaters are awesome, and they have BELLATRIX. THEY HAVE BELLATRIX <3

Did you get sorted in the original pottermore or the updated/fairly recent pottermore? The old pottermore had a long, detailed quiz that was pretty good. The new pottermore asks very few questions and isn't all that accurate. My friend wanted Slytherin and ended up taking the quiz like five times, getting a different result nearly ever time.

Point being, if you took the short version, I'm not at all surprised it put you into a house you don't feel is correct.

Bummer they never put the patronus quiz up on the old site because I have a feeling it would have been better than whenever it gets added to the new site. >_>

Also ( o_o)/       

~Puff buddies~

\ouo

i didnt know there was two versions, actually? im not sure, i think i took it around 2013, so i think it was the old one? whenever i try a replica of the pottermore quiz on a different website nowadays it gives me hufflepuff, but im not sure if it's a replica of the old or new one. not really sure what happened, honestly.

Edited by Switch

\ouo

i didnt know there was two versions, actually? im not sure, i think i took it around 2013, so i think it was the old one? whenever i try a replica of the pottermore quiz on a different website nowadays it gives me hufflepuff, but im not sure if it's a replica of the old or new one. not really sure what happened, honestly.

Oh yeah, new site wasn't updated until about this year-ish. (I hate the new site. It's less fun and not well organized.)

Gryffindor according to the original Pottermore quiz, close second Slytherin. That works well for me, I'm not the most pure of people!

got Slytherin on the Pottermore quiz, which I agree with

followed by Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff/Gryffindor, which is less accurate, I think

I've never been drawn to the Ravenclaw house values, so that'd be the house I'd be least eager to be a part of.

Hufflepuff general traits are really admirable, but in practice I think I fall closer to Slytherin, so yeah, that's pretty accurate.

When I read the books around a decade ago, I always thought that I fit perfectly into Ravenclaw. However, the Sorting Hat in Pottermore and other tests out there always put me in Slytherin. Over the years, I came to understand why that is so. Now, of course, I think I fit perfectly into Slytherin. happy.gif

I can't remember anymore. Pottermore has put me in both gryffindor and slytherin (I've taken the quiz a few times) so I can't really begin to decide. I think there's a part of me reflected in both of those houses. I think that the last time I took it I was a Gryffindor.

I was put into Slytherin on my first go, and Ravenclaw on my second. I think I possess traits from both houses.

When I think about it though, there is always a shared trait between 2 houses, that is subtle. But it's hard to pinpoint the exact traits.

Slytherins are intelligent, as to be "cunning" and make your plans, ect, you need some pretty decent standard of intelligence to do so.

But it is a different type of intelligence to Ravenclaws. I'm not sure if it counts, but in a way, its a sort of shared trait? hm...

anyway, SlytherClaw ftw!

I'm also a Horned Serpent in Ilvermorny...which I think combines a few traits from Slytherin (not just the serpent -.-) and Ravenclaw - After all, it is considered to represent the intelligence and mind of the Witch/Wizard. smile.gif

I took a quiz on Rowlings website, Pottermore, and got Hufflepuff a few months ago. I always thought I would belong to Ravenclaw because I love reading and learning and I thought Hufflepuff was just the house everyone else gets put in if they didn't fit in the other three, but after reading what she has to say about Hufflepuff I would totally agree that's me more, although Ravenclaw was my second highest score. Kindness to me is the whole reason for existence. rolleyes.gif

EDIT:

Also, has anyone had a chance to read the newest book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? It was made into a play. I liked it, kinda, I enjoyed the storyline, that is, but I felt like she only did it just for the sake of giving her fans something they've been dying for since Deathly Hallows but decided to put a spin on it by making it into a play, lol. It was really different, and it was difficult to get into since I don't really read script writing, but after the third scene I started to get into it and I actually appreciate this. Reading a script requires much more imagination than a novel so it can be different for everyone since we all experience a story independently. Though I kinda wished there was more bulk to it at the same time. I wanted to know more about some of the other characters, like the rest of Harry's family, and Harry and Ron pretty much never had a moment alone together as bffs. Ron basically was comic relief character, actually, and I know the movies portrayed him as more funny and stupid than I got the impression of him from the books, but I admit I haven't read the series in years. It's something I must get around to doing. For nostalgia, mostly. Anywho, anyone have any thoughts about HP and the Cursed Child?

Edited by purplenewt

I self-identify as a Ravenclaw and every single test I've taken puts me in Ravenclaw, except for the official Pottermore one, which places me in Gryffindor every time. D:

My Ilvermorny was supposedly Pugwudgie (most similar to Hufflepuff) on Pottermore, but I looked into it a lot and I identify as a Thunderbird, most similar to Slytherin.

I've got all the houses cool.gif

I haven't read The Cursed Child yet, just because of the play manuscript. I'm worried I'll be lost without the imagery of prose, and I don't want to ruin what would otherwise most likely be a fantastic story. But I'm looking forward to when they release a filmed copy of the live play (if they are? I hope they are.)

This is a total rant about the Cursed Child.

I feel like the play is worth seeing (apparently the guy who acts out Ron doesn't make him seem like the idiot....whereas when I read the "book" he was (like you said) nothing but a comic relief.)

I don't like the book at all.

I don't think it should have been released.

The book was released because the play "Cursed Child" wasn't getting the amount of love that JKR thought it deserved.

The play was written mainly by Jack Throne and JKR kinda just endorsed it.

----

I don't get how this story is canon compliant at all.

This is a line from the script:

Ron: I'm armed and entirely dangerous and seriously advise you- he realises his wand is around the wrong way and turns it right.

no. like...just no. Ron would not have survived the war if he didn't even know which way to point his wand...like isn't that being a wizard 101?

----

I wish the script could have been refined and changed into an actual book format.

The way it is written as of the moment does not interest me and the extremely flushed out cues (for the play) is aggravating and....I'm going to stop. I just didn't enjoy it.

----

I don't begrude those that found the book great and entertaining.

This story was just not for me.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Now that you mentioned it, I did originally wonder if this story wasn't just written up by JKR because she particularly approved of someone's fanfiction. I just didn't want to believe it. I wanted to believe it is cannon; that Rowling actually says yes, this actually happens in my world. But there were some parts I had a very hard time believing, particularly why Albus even wants to try to change the past. Everything about Ron I felt was weird. And with Snape...that's just weird, I can see why she included him, but I didn't think it was necessary. Over all I just thought it was an excuse to make two kids take a walk down Harry Potter row, books 1-7.

However, I did like the bit about Harry and Draco being forced to work together to bring their boys back, I admit that's what I had always wanted throughout the series, for Harry and Draco to let bygones be bygones and become unlikely friends. Instead it's their children that are the glue. And some of the stuff Harry does...it seemed cliche. Really I thought Scorpius held it all together. He was so funny, it helped pull me along. I just don't know now. I think this is the danger in writing a book several years after the originals. It gets to feeling "off kilter" somehow. Or maybe it's because I was 13 when I first fell in love with the world of Harry Potter and I am 31 now, went to college for a degree in writing, and I'm not quite so game for suspended belief. Though I complain, I actually still liked it over all, and I don't want to discourage others from reading it. I want to know what others think. The story, I thought, still does a good job emphasizing the importance of friendship and love...the two most powerful forces on earth.

I would much rather read a play than watch one, though. I don't know if I would ever go see it. Not unless it was for free, lol. And I totally agree, I would have preferred a second option for the story...make it into a legit novel. But I hear Rowling refuses to write more novels...even though she has enough post material to have made another book. Oh well...it's her world. She can do what she likes with it.

Edited by purplenewt

Yeah, I agree.

It was like her trying to make Harry Potter relevant again. :/

---

I, too, wanted Harry and Draco to work together.

I think they would have made an amazing team. I mean...can you imagine if JKR brought Draco into the trios world? The Golden Trio are amazing people, but if you add in Slytherin's cunning and self preservation (vs Harry's hero complex) I think they could have prevented a lot of conflict.

---

I started the story when I was really young too and now that I'm older...I still love the world and the books.

I want to hear the views of the people who truly enjoyed the book.

I want to be "converted" into at least supporting the book.

---

I hope that they release like a video of the play.

I think it sucks for those who couldn't go and see the play because...plays are expensive and not everyone wants to spend that money..and we don't all live in areas where it is plausible to see the play.

---

She refused to write more novels?

Oh...I wouldn't have minded more...like with the Harry Potter series we don't really get to see anything except Hogwarts. I would love to read more about the wizarding world (and maybe the wizarding world in other countries too like Durmstrang or Beauxbatons).

Edited by gigglymonkey12

A movie of it would be nice. Perhaps it just didn't go over well in my head; but if someone put it on screen it would work out better.

Yes! About the Harry and Draco thing. I had a friend who dove a little overboard with that pair, went so far as to ship it romantically, lol, but what I mean is friendship. Mostly Harry's friends consist of Gryffindors, but there were a few others that joined the group like Luna, off the top of my head. In the books I've always wanted Draco to overcome his bossy arrogance so he can have real friends (like he says in Cursed Child). How terribly lonely he must have been. sad.gif Kind of reminds me of Snape a bit. I think that's why they got along, teacher-pupil. And what you've said...I've never thought about it that way before, but I completely agree with you. A friend with Slytherin's cunning would help Harry out a lot. Especially since the Sorting Hat nearly put Harry into Slytherin in the first place (never mind the fact that it had to do with being Voldemort's horcrux), I had always hoped Harry would build some sort of bridge between the two Houses.

I think HP and the Cursed Child was doing just that: mending the relationship between Houses Gryffindor and Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin, which I seriously love...you have no idea. I laughed when Albus says green is a soothing color, not like red which tends to make you frantic. It's true, too. Green was always my favorite color. And the snake is known for good things too, besides the obvious representing evil. Snakes represent the life cycle: birth, death, and renewal. Snakes represent healing and long-lasting endurance. They outlasted the dinosaurs, after all. I always disliked how the original 7 books never brought up Slytherin's good side much, though I've always assumed it's because we are seeing the world through Harry's eyes. It also doesn't help when the worst wizard ever to live came from your House. That's why it's that much more important to show their good side!

Anywho... that's what I heard, anyway. She keeps putting up new stuff on her Pottermore website but she apparently said she was done with writing more novels, except for side things like Magical Beasts (which I cannot wait to see in movie theaters!) and that one wizarding children's book I can't remember its name at the moment. What I want is more substantial stuff. I was seriously disappointed when I finished Cursed Child and there was almost nothing with James and Lily in it, lol. Like does James treat Albus like how Dudley treated Harry? Does he ever stand up for his brother in House Gryffindor when people make fun of him? Or does having Harry as your dad shield Albus a lot more than the play lets on? So many questions left unanswered...and would have had more time to be answered in a novel. dry.gif

I'm surprised that Gryffindor is the least popular - when I was a kid, EVERYONE wanted to be in Gryffindor! Though I suppose there are obvious reasons why.

I always thought I was a Gryffindor, but then when Pottermore came out, I got sorted into Slytherin. I did loads of other online quizzes because I was curious, and yep... I'm a Slytherin through and through. A couple of months ago I retook the Pottermore quiz because it'd been years since I'd played on it (and had forgotten my login) and yep... Slytherin again.

I am definitely a Ravenclaw. The old Pottermore sorted me as such but the new Pottermore is terrible and made me a Hufflepuff. I felt like the quiz didn't ask anything important or relevant. I don't really know which house my husband would have been. I think he told me that he usually got sorted into Slytherin but he isn't as big a fan of the books as I am. Something about plot holes big enough to drive a truck through. Some people can't just enjoy the ride.