purple_amethyst

okami

Just because something is popular isn't a real reason to hate it.

In my opinion, if something is good it doesn't matter if it's popular or not. What matters most is if you like it.

It's gotten out of hand. Everyone in FearlHeart made a darned Okami-based thing. It's not that original anymore, I'm afraid.

Played it a few times and after about my third time though I was done with it... I pick it up like once every year or so for some nostalgia awesomeness.

man, i spammed power slash and cherry bomb like a boss

Those, and the most powerful rosary that I had on me. hahaha

It's gotten out of hand. Everyone in FearlHeart made a darned Okami-based thing. It's not that original anymore, I'm afraid.

so its not original because people on anoughter game like it enough to make Japanese myths?

Let's see I favored the Power Slash only then again I had it on the PS2 so a straight line was so much easier to do than the cherry bomb lol.

So, I finished okamiden and I got all of the treasures in the game except for one, and I still need 3 more parts of Issun's masterpieces. Does anyone have or has found a good item guide? I tried searching online, but the game is too new for me to find one.

I'm also in love with black sun chibi :3

If your still looking for a item guide I found this one useful:

Okamiden Sidequests/Secrets

I love how dark chibi looks, just its eyes look weird.

Thanks, Rmun, that's actually the same one I found earlier^^ Chibi in general just looks weird, but he IS a chibi.

I RARELY used cherry bomb. I just didn't like it that much and power slash was more useful. Of all the weapons, I liked the swords the best (were they called glaves? I don't remember xd.png). I just loved plastering them with gold dust, charging them, and then cutting enemies down quickly tongue.gif Rosaries were a close second because I didn't have to get close to enemies. In okamiden, I spammed everyone with firebursts.

I agree with Lady Nightfox. All that matters is that YOU like a game, who cares about the rest of the world? And if tons of other game companies start making japanese myth-based games and you don't like it, just ignore it. That shouldn't effect your love of an older, classic game.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

There's a pipe? Why would demons need a pipe? Wait do you mean the Witch Queen's Pipe?

The Witch Queen freaked me out, I was like "Omg! What is that thing?"

Well, technically the game would be original, but the "everything is now an okami god" isn't anymore.

Unfortunately.

I used the infinity fire and powerslash the most. And the swords. (Though the sword coupled with a rosary in the original Okami was good, that way you could do some massive damage and still shoot beads at people)

The Witch Queen was really freaky. She's one of those few bosses you don't actually kill either when you think about it.

I find the lightning bolt power useful when battling that huge skeleton guy.

I need demon livers what monsters give them?

I love both games, especially their soundtracks. my favorites include kurou's doubts, and the dark sun chibi boss them. Reset Thank you is epic win. Unfortunately it is overshadowed by the more well known Reset.

Can someone explain the timing for this game. blink.gif

I'm shaking the remote madly in battle looking like a fool.

And you have to shake it in a rhythm. Shake, wait a second, and shake again. Rinse and repeat.

And you have to shake it in a rhythm. Shake, wait a second, and shake again. Rinse and repeat.

Oh....this must be the Wii version?

I never had this problem. Had the PS2 one biggrin.gif

I actually got Okamiden a few days before it's official release. <3 Gamestop so much.

I was disappointed by how short it was. I beat it before it's actual release date :<

I'm playing it over for completion- I really want the mini Shiranui skin. Not that I'm not having fun with the dark chibi skin. I might end up using a guide for all the quests so I know how to activate them.

The retconning in that game bothered me quite a bit, though. Hateusomuch time travel.

I also totally accidentally called what Kurow was. hurr. And by accidentally, I mean I said it as a joke, and it ended up being true.

(Highlight for spoils)

I called him a Waka clone when I first saw him in the game. trololololol

Edited by Seraphinu

Well, I did manage to beat Okamiden again for completion, got everything, including the Moon Tribe Spell... which really sucks. Honestly, it's just a metal polygony version of Chibi. Like they stuck him in Super Smash Bros. or something. I don't like it. The Sunrise spell is adorable though. mini Shiranui <3 Especially when mini Shiranui is nuzzling big Shiranui. Very cute.

Also, yep, that's a pretty cool sig. I should make an Okami sig for my rotater. Because, well, Ammy is freaking awesome.

Edited by Seraphinu

Hmm, I hear there's speculation that Ammy might be in the next super smash bros game. Also speculated is a THIRD Okami game for the 3DS, but I find this unlikely.

Hell yeah love it so much.

Finished the game?

Yep, on my 5th runthrough and probably my last

Stray Beads?

Nearly there got about 7ish to go

All techniques?

Yep

Fave Technique?

Hmmm difficult, have to say 3xCherry Bomb

Also fin Okami Den, thet games just tooo cute