Cheeze

Least favorite bands

Justin Beiber, Florence and the Machine (it bothers me that she doesn't sing with the rhythm of the song), Miley Cyrus (her newer stuff. I still like a lot of the songs she did as Hannah Montana) any rap artists, techno-pop (as a rule; there are some songs I like that would fit into this genere), and "screamo" type metal bands. I can tolerate a rap if the rest of the song is good, but the whole song... just no.

I'm surprised how many people don't like Nickleback. There are quite a few songs by them that I like. Of course, this coming from the girl who still listens to High School Musical.

^ Same for me.

Wow all of the hate ._.

Wait what's that about hating Florence+The Machine? She uses her voice like another instrument. I actually LIKE that she doesn't just follow the rhythm of one of the other instruments in the song, but rather all of them come together and make something awesome. But eh, that's my opinion. o3o

I don't really like Justin Bieber's stuff but he does have more talent than a lot of people do. I don't care what the "industry is trying to sell", and I know he's kind of a terrible person, but he CAN sing, and he can sing rather well, better than a LOT of people I know. Same goes for One Direction. I like very few songs by them. I guess I'll list them as some "least favorites" but eh, they aren't too bad when it comes to their talent (and if anyone starts up with "they have no talent", that is not a true statement. Just because they have some generic pop songs does not mean they don't have any musical talent, because they do). Boyfriend by JB is probably the only song I do like. There are three songs I can't remember the name of that I like from 1D.

On the topic of boy bands, N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys were fine... I never hated them. The Jonas Brothers, on the other hand, while like above I do think they have talent, I don't think I've heard any songs I particularly like by them.

I actually don't like most of Disturbed's newer things because the songs blend together for me. The Sickness was a GREAT album, and there are a few treasures off of the rest of their albums (The Darkness, Ten Thousand Fists, Mistress, Guarded, Believe, Prayer, and Decadence). But eh the rest of it is just...eh.

I don't like Godsmack too much, save for a few songs off of their first two albums (Sick of Life, Awake, Greed, Goin' Down, Spiral, Keep Away, Time Bomb, and especially Voodoo).

Um...I don't like Rage Against The Machine. It's not the lyrics I hate, but just the sound. The only song I actually really really like is Renegades of Funk.

I actually like rap sometimes. I think a lot of it is done in poor taste but there are some gems out there. Otherwise I guess I could say I don't like many rap artists.

Most country all sounds the same so I don't like many country artists, either. I do like some of them, though, like Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood, so I STILL can't say I hate all of them.

Gosh, do I even have a least favorite band? The closest thing is probably Rage Against The Machine.

I hear lots complain about rap, pop, country, and metal so eh I'm just gonna say my two cents about not hating them at all and still finding stuff I like within them.

Since we're talking about bands and not singers, these are the bands that I hate:

1) One direction: I don't like this kind of music, and maybe I could stand it a little if it weren't played this often.

2) Birth from ass. As you suspect from the name you can understand what kind of quality has their music and their lyrics.

3) Naer Mataron. They're a bunch of nazists who idolise Auschwitz mad.gif

4)Bring me the horizon: there are far better group in this genre of metal, what's the big deal with them?

That's all for now, but put the same topic about singers, there'll be a long list...

Hmm...Evanescence. I'm literally sick to death of hearing about Amy Lee.

And Taylor Swift. blink.gif

1D.

Ugh. Also, the soundtrack from the film Frozen. I only like the stupid parodies of their songs.

And Miley Cyrus.

Most defiantly all country music and most pop these days. I loathe 1D!

Edit: System of a Down/ Nickleback.

Edited by Jazlindreal

Pop. Oh god. Metalcore. I'm so tired of hearing about Black Veil Brides, Of Mice and Men, All Time Low, so many other bands...

Blood on the Dance Floor too. Oh god.

One Direction! Sick, sick, sick of them! If I ever see them coming I go in the other direction now! tongue.gif

Let's say that I don't hate any of them, but the ones that annoy me are:

*Miley Cyrus

*Justin Bieber

*One Direction

*Fifth Harmony

*Little Mix

*Slipknot

*Avril Lavigne (I remember the days when I actually thought she was my idol)

*Paramore (oh, my God, Hailey Williams annoys the heck out of me)

And so forth, et cetera, you get the idea. tongue.gif

*Miley Cyrus

*Justin Bieber

*One Direction

*Fifth Harmony

*Little Mix

*Slipknot

*Avril Lavigne (I remember the days when I actually thought she was my idol)

*Paramore (oh, my God, Hailey Williams annoys the heck out of me)

Add to this:

Britney Spears

Mariah Carey

Ke$ha

Guns and Roses

Marilyn Manson

Most rap

Rhianna.

Maroon 5

Any preppy Disney girl who thinks they're talented when all they are is a pair of boobs and blond hair bouncing around on stage. (or any Disney construct for that matter

Black Eyed Peas

Lady Gaga

Most music that is out there now all sounds the same.

-1D

-Justin Bieber ('nuff said)

-Blood on the dance floor

-Ed Sheeran

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

- Anyone who is trying to create the 'sexy' image. There's nothing wrong with them being confident with their bodies - if that's their style, then they should follow it. But since it's creeping more and more into mainstream pop, some artists who don't do that stuff are under pressure to change their style. I really hate how it's becoming the norm and people feel that's what they have to do to please us. A lot of it also specifically targets the younger generation, and I've noticed that it's not just in music. Movies, TV, and books, for example a lot of the teen romance books my sister reads all the time, have more sex and such in them. My perception of this is that the industry thinks today's young people are all sex beasts and that sex and the like is an attraction to us.

Earth to marketers - not everyone in the younger generation is a sex beast. I personally cringe when I see wiggling butts and ridiculously skimpy clothing.

//rant over

- I don't hate Lorde, but I feel that the media exaggerates her talent. In many of her songs, she doesn't really sing, it sounds more like she's just talking.

Edited by Keekeecat

I really can't stand most modern pop/rap music. There is no meaning in the songs at ALL, it's just stupid rants about breakups, drugs, and the such. Also, there is just soooo much vulgar language in some of them, but yet thier 'popularity' makes little kids want to sing along with the music about failed relationships, drugs, and sex, even though they are way too young to be talking about that sort of thing.

If I had to choose a least favorite singer though, I'd say Justin Beiber. His music sucks, and he is simply a bad person who the media should not be glorifying in any way.

The Wanted wacko.gif

I just can't stand them. Sorry, but no.

I used to like them before, but not now. I also used to like Miley Cyrus and her songs from the Disney era. They were more normal and had a really nice sound and lyrics, but now she is just revolting to even see. Do I have to say that I turned the tv off when they played the vma's over and over again? :S