Cheeze

Least favorite bands

Why don't you try Green Day? His songs made me sing then on another sites.

I pretty much don't like any extremely popular Disney singers (Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc) because they really have no talent and, people who use auto-tune to the extent that their voices are no longer their own.

(deep breath.)

miley cirus, the jonas brothers, justin beiber, ANY band that has something to do with disney channel I.E highschool musical cast (the ones that sing at least.) that camp rock thing even though i never watched a minute of it AND any band/singer whose songs ALL sound the same.

i want to stab all of these people and more.

Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Michael Buble, to name a few popular ones. I used to like Linkin Park, but their newer material is crud.

Also, anything rap or hip-hop. I also dislike most R&B.

I do have to agree with all that was said above. Nothing is very original these days, it seems.

The Black Eyed Peas.

And most rap/screamo/country bands. Nothing really against them except I dislike the style of music.

EMD, Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Green Day (I used to like them, but no... Something changed and I don't like them anymore...), Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc.

Let's just say that pretty much all techno things you can come up with goes in this thread for me.

Nickelback!

Seriously, though, the Jonas Brothers. Or something like that. Justin Beaver doesn't qualify as a band, I guess. So not him. But Disney Channel bands are the worst.

Edited by SPQR

I. Can't. Listen to the Kings of Leon. I don't know, the singing style just sounds so unbearably gross to me.

I usually hate country, but Neko Case is pretty good.

I don't think I've ever heard a Christian rock song I like.

I really don't like boy bands, most rap artists, Disney bands, or country.

Justin Beiber, Florence and the Machine (it bothers me that she doesn't sing with the rhythm of the song), Miley Cyrus (her newer stuff. I still like a lot of the songs she did as Hannah Montana) any rap artists, techno-pop (as a rule; there are some songs I like that would fit into this genere), and "screamo" type metal bands. I can tolerate a rap if the rest of the song is good, but the whole song... just no.

I'm surprised how many people don't like Nickleback. There are quite a few songs by them that I like. Of course, this coming from the girl who still listens to High School Musical.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Casting Crowns. >.< Ohhhhh how I hate Casting Crowns.

Otherwise, of course it's the usual folks like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry and most of the other teeny-bopper bands (though I think One Direction is adorable), not to mention every band in the few genres that I just cannot listen to at all. I despise Taylor Swift because she's pop masquerading as country, though I probably wouldn't care about her one way or another if she'd just quit pretending to be country.

Other than that, it's usually pretty song-specific for me.

@Hawktalon - I agree with you on Nickelback. I know they don't have the most creative melodies or lyrics, and their sound is very produced rather than organic, but it's a sound I happen to like and I don't think they deserve the level of hate they get. xd.png I'll never claim they're a good band, but they're one of my guilty pleasures.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I'm sure that I am going to be ripped apart for saying this, but I really dislike Queen. I'm sorry, I know that they are considered classic and all that, but none of their songs appeal to me.

I've been involved with music all my life, and can find examples of excellence in every genre. I love all the stuff that Johnny Cash put out in his last years, and I grew up on a blend of folk/psychedelia/soul/blues/punk and classical. I like some jazz, a lot of different international music, even a few showtunes and some random rap. xd.png

However -

I still hate No Doubt's "Don't Speak." Just annoys the daylights out of me.

Brainless pop. Boy bands, Disney, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, ad infinitum.

Christian pop. If "God" is on their side, why can't they write or perform anything worth listening to? They need to listen to some old gospel, folk and blues, (Mahalia Jackson, Rev. Gary Davis, Woody Guthrie, just to start) and rethink their career choices.

Christian pop. If "God" is on their side, why can't they write or perform anything worth listening to? They need to listen to some old gospel, folk and blues, (Mahalia Jackson, Rev. Gary Davis, Woody Guthrie, just to start) and rethink their career choices.

This. Soooooooooo this. I'm a Christian and it makes it even worse for me to listen to 'Christian' contemporary, because the vast majority of it is just earbleed-inspiring crap. Don't even get me started on 'Christian' movies. dry.gif

I can't stand boybands, speedcore, those raps that have at least one swear word each five seconds and stuff from my own country.

Sorry, but I can't stand any country. I've yet to find a song that wasn't about love, his/her clothes, his/her cars/tractors, or how much his/her life sucks. I'm sure these aren't the only subjects ever written about in the genre of country, but gosh do I not like it.

I find it amusing that fans will hardly bat an eye at Justin Bieber doing drugs, but when an artist speaks out against him and the message he sends to his fans with his inappropriate behavior, the artist gets pegged as a 'hater'.

That said, I despise 1D, Jonas Brothers, Justin (both of them)... Miley Cyrus... Lost all respect for her with that 'Wrecking Ball' video... I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

I find it amusing that fans will hardly bat an eye at Justin Bieber doing drugs, but when an artist speaks out against him and the message he sends to his fans with his inappropriate behavior, the artist gets pegged as a 'hater'.

That said, I despise 1D, Jonas Brothers, Justin (both of them)... Miley Cyrus... Lost all respect for her with that 'Wrecking Ball' video... I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Can I marry you.

I agree with this person whole-heartedly.

Especially on Miley Cyrus.

mmm there aren't any specific bands or singers i really dislike besides kind of the usual stuff but in general i don't like country or rap or metal

Anything involving modern hip hop, rap, new country, and so-called "indie" -- which it isn't.

So all your Kesha, Tupac, Beaver, and whoever else today....It's all terrible.

Why? Music industry has turned our listening enjoyment into the same chords over and over again. Look it up. There actually is a master chord progression that is in a LOT of pop music out there.

"Music" put out by these companies is NOT to make an artistic statement.

It's made to put out an image the industry wants to sell.

The most popular sound in "rap" today for instance are sounds that are made to intimidate people. Heavy bass. The words are all about money, drug wars, babes.

It's not like how it used to be.

"Old School" had SOMETHING WORTH LISTENING TO. Little people against the power. Women's rights. Heck, rights in general.

Why the drastic change?

They discovered they could rig ways to buy buy buy their music and buy buy buy anything else associated with the image they create from the artists they put out.

Don't be naive and think that your favorite artist isn't allowing propaganda in their albums. If the contract says so, they have to.

In order to sell records, they actually do auditions....but it doesn't go how you think it does.

They aren't looking for talent. They can fix you up with fake electronic voices. Teach you choreography....

In fact they do tell what they are looking for. They tell you to come back when you have it or are willing to do what they want. Not what you want.

Fun fact. Live shows for most of these bands aren't very live either.

They play recordings of songs over your pop artists to make it look like they are performing their hits.

My favorite was a mistake Britney Spears made in Mexico.

The recording was still going on and she was talking during it. I HAD NO IDEA SHE HAD TWO VOCAL CHORDS. NO WAY.

When she decided she was going to throw her adult sized tantrum, she cussed out her audience on stage and left.

Huzzah.

Sure that was more than needed to be said but I'm in a ranting mood.