S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always had short, dirty nails. Working around horses is tough on your hands.

I think long fingernails look like claws, and that people who have them look like they may scratch my eyes out and eat my brains. ._.

Ooooh, this is tough.

No, seriously. Because while I'd prefer to keep my fingernails long (I like how it looks/am seriously lazy about cutting them/feel weird with short ones) - although not too long. Once they start breaking/tearing I cut them, usually (and since I do do work with my hands at times, that happens easily) - but at the same time short ones can be more practical for things.

Like putting contacts in. Which I have to do, at times. Or opening the tops on pop cans. A seriously not fun thing to do with long nails. Oh, and short nails don't look half as gross when dirty. xP

And for me long = maybe a half-cm of white nail, or whatever. Maybe. Maybe only 0.75cm, it's hard to say.

Edited by Meridok

I keep my nails as short as possible. My mom kept them that way when I was little, probably to keep them from looking dirty. (she can be a bit of a clean freak and despises dirt of any kind) So because I have grown up with nubby nails, I like to keep them that way. I hate how long nails dig into my palm if I clench my hand and also having to clean them all the time (I love to get my hands dirty... be it paint or mud). They're also a huge temptation for chewing. It's like those little white bands are just asking for a biting.

I keep my nails as short as possible. My mom kept them that way when I was little, probably to keep them from looking dirty. (she can be a bit of a clean freak and despises dirt of any kind) So because I have grown up with nubby nails, I like to keep them that way. I hate how long nails dig into my palm if I clench my hand and also having to clean them all the time (I love to get my hands dirty... be it paint or mud). They're also a huge temptation for chewing. It's like those little white bands are just asking for a biting.

That's my case almost exactly. blink.gif

And for me long = maybe a half-cm of white nail, or whatever. Maybe. Maybe only 0.75cm, it's hard to say.

Now you made me go and messure my nails! xd.png They're around 0.5 cm.

well, I used to bite my nails. when I kicked my habit, I found the longer fingernails much more convenient. still, my nails are pretty weak and they won't grow very long, but I'ts fine this way.

I like long nails and i try to let my nails grow until one of them cracks.

I used to bite my nails but after my operation i never did it again.

I'm not usually into the whole fashion/aspect thingy, but if there's one thing that I like, that's taking care of my nails. I like all the different patterns and designs you can create on them. That's why I prefer long nails.

I can usually never let them grow during school, because for some reason or another, they tend to break like hell. So I'm glad it's summer now.

I keep short nails, as I find long nails on men somewhat disgusting and I have no need for long nails. They get in the way of playing the guitar, you can accidentally scratch your woman.

As for women, I don't mind a little length, but why do you need talons? My pet hate is when women with long fingernails use keyboards and complain about it taking so long or not hitting the right key.

I don't even get how long nails get in the way while typing. Seriously, there have peen periods when my nails near to a centimeter- and I am still capable of doing half a dozen pages in less than an hour if needed. tongue.gif

Short. Long ones look too fake, almost like plastic surgery ohmy.gif

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Hmm? blink.gif

Does it account for natural long nails? (Such as I keep, for instance.)

>.>

My fingernail are so short everyone wonders why they don't get infected, cause I chew on my nails..

I like short fingernails. As in, very short. I need to have them short when I play piano, as well as I hate getting stuff stuck underneath the nails. That feeling is SO uncomfortable. >__>

Long. It makes it easier to convince my brother to let go when he takes my stuff. And to defend myself from my friend's biting attacks. xd.png It also makes it so much easier to open things.

I work in a restaurant, so for me short fingernails are handier than long ones.

Long. It makes it easier to convince my brother to let go when he takes my stuff. And to defend myself from my friend's biting attacks. xd.png It also makes it so much easier to open things.

... exactly the reason why I tell my cousins why they should cut theirs. They're weapons. Even if it's accidental, those things hurt.

Ridiculously long. After more than a decade eating my nails and having them painfully short, I'm enjoying having them very long and letting them grow as much as they can.

I've been growing mine out sense June, so their pretty long, if it wasn't for mine being brittle and breaking they'd be longer. But the nerves on my finger tips are EXTREMTLY sensative so cutting them cuts too badly...that and they protect my finger tips, I can grab things with my fingernails with out ever touching the skin part of my fingers to it

Short.

It's so much easier to use zippers and picking up things. I just can't have long nails xd.png

I think long nails are pretty though.

Although long nails would be useful, I like to keep mine short. Playing piano with long nails tend to make an clacking sound. Getting dirt stuck underneath them is really annoying.

Short, long nails scare me, getting scratched with those things, eek

I keep the ones on my index fingers long enough to be just shorter than the fingertip so I can get stuff and the rest have pretty much no white part.

Long, long, sharp nails.

I hate scratching myself with my long nails and I have to cut them frequently when doing things where long nails would potentially be dangerous, but even so...

I like the noise they make when you scratch them across things. It bugs people SO much.

Also, they are useful to have when someone attacks you. One quick scratch and you send 'em away yelping.

>:]

Longish on the right hand, short on the left--easier to play guitar that way. :>

I worked in food services too long to be at all comfortable wearing long fingernails.

They can be a physical hazard if they break and fall into the food (think of THAT next time you get a crunchy piece in a bite of chili tongue.gif). Also, I spent way too much time trying to clean the grodey stuff out from under them after long shifts on the grill. Having to buy a nail brush for the express purpose of cleaning raw beef out of your finger nails tends to heavily influence one's opinion.