S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They really slow down my piano playing, and my typing, for that matter, and they severely interfere with frisbee playing, whenever I do it these days, and rock climbing.

Interesting, I've never had any troubles with any of those activities- rather the opposite, I have troubles doing some everyday-activities without my long nails. (I admit that It has been years since I last played piano, though... And I never did it on the professional level.)

Frisbee and rock-climbing I can somewhat understand, though- if you have weaker nails which tend to break. But typing? huh.gif

I am a fairly fast typer and I type a lot myself- therefore I can say that my nails don't bother my typing the least.

Furthermore, I would either have to lift up my entire hand off the table or hold my fingers halfway curled up into fist to have the nail/the very end of the fingertip to even touch the keys. (Both of which would be very uncomfortable and tiring for the hands; certainly not something which I could keep up in the duration of several dozen pages in a run.)

I don't like nails that are really short - I think they look a little bit bizarre.

Of course, long nails can be creepy. Personally, I just grow my nails until they tear naturally, then I file them so they look okay.

being a dude i prefer short.

To keep my nails short, I obviously have to cut them.

I'm bad at cutting nails, and they end up looking ragged. DX

Short. Long fingernails get in the way of typing.

Yeah, I prefer medium length, so I voted for short. I don't like them too long since mine break easily, but I don't want them so short that they serve no purpose either.

I prefer short, just because I play piano and type. And they're harder to keep clean when they're long.

Haven't still figured out how fingernails, if they are not over a centimeter long, can get in the way of typing. tongue.gif

Long fingernails enable me to do science practicals better. I can peel, open or tear things. Also ideal for scratching itchy parts of my body and scrubbing my head during baths. Its a pity if my nails are long, I cannot wear contact lenses. sad.gif

Short. I'm a pianist so short nails are a must. I'm also a scientist and wear latex gloves daily, so short nails are a must so the gloves don't rupture.

don't want short. but not really a long nail person. somewhere in between, i think. i basically just let 'em grow and trim the sides at an angle and even them out when they break. all nails the same length, i do not have. lol

I prefer long but whenever they start getting long they always break off. I'm hard on my hands.

^ This.

Anyway, I hate bitten nails. Whenever I see someone nibbling away at their bitten down nails I always have to fight the urge to slap their hand away from their mouth.

OH GOD

*hides*

I prefer short. My nails are so bitten down it can be painful sometimes, but I just can't help it. ;_;

I like them short, but it's convenient if they are long ^^ scratching is soo comfortable with long nails xd.png

I bite my nails.

I have tried to wear fake nails but they are too long. I cant zip things, or grab things or even itch my eye with fake nails.

I always get them caught or rip them or scratch myself. I would rather I didnt bite my nails so they actually looked nice. But Id still keep them short.

I usually keep mine short because I am extraordinarily clumsy and I tend to stab myself with them. However I'll go through phases when I want them long. I cut them off as soon as I get annoyed with myself over the stabbing though. xd.png

I prefer to keep them short. It's easier for my job, where I often have to lift some very heavy things. And it can be painful and/or annoying if a nail breaks. mad.gif

I like to keep my nails longer; they help me push buttons, pry things open, etc. And I personally just like the look. I'm so vain about my nails. X]

I'm actually really weird about keeping my nails short. I don't go more than a couple days at a time without clipping them. Makes it hard to pry things open sometimes, though, and it hasn't helped me stop biting them, unfortunately.

I kept my nails long for a while in my teens, when I was in my femme period. Used to paint them a lot. I cut them short when I started playing guitar, and even though I don't play much these days, I haven't let them grow in probably a good six years, now.

Not quite short, but not long.

Slightly less than medium length.

Short. Having talon-length nails is just useless beyond all belief, no matter the person.

Though for myself, I keep them fairly short for many reasons. Recently kicked my biting habit, but my nails still remain weak because of many years of gnawing. Even if I wanted longer nails, they simply won't grow long enough. They get to a certain length before flaking and peeling or simply snapping off. Yeah.

They last a little longer if painted, but still.

I've got such nubby nails. >w> Just trimmed em down today, actually....