Xyie

Description Review Notification

I've been considering a notification system (kind of similar to DA) for various things. Eggs hatching/dying/whatever, description reviews, it could be used for all of 'em.

Oh, yes, plz! Would love that! :D

I'd love love love to see a page that listed our described dragons along with the status of the description -I've probably completely forgotten about half of the ones I've done because I didn't keep a list or anything as I was going. Maybe others could have a link to see a version of the page when they come to our scrolls, so you can instantly read all of a person's descriptions, even. ohmy.gif

Edited by Sadako

I like the idea of a serperate page with everything on it, that way I can check the status of my scroll with one simple click, rather than having to check each and every dragon.

I'd love love love to see a page that listed our described dragons along with the status of the description -I've probably completely forgotten about half of the ones I've done because I didn't keep a list or anything as I was going. Maybe others could have a link to see a version of the page when they come to our scrolls, so you can instantly read all of a person's descriptions, even. ohmy.gif

Just wanna bump up this topic with support for this kind of thing. That would be really nice. I don't have a lot of descriptions, but I still can never keep track of all of that stuff. It would be nice to be able to see what has a description and if it's approved or not. That would be really good!

I think this is a geat idea! I gave a couple of descriptions to some of my dragons, and then totally forgot about all of them, so this really would be helpful.

I support this as well. I'm always forgetting to check on my descriptions waiting for approval, or forgetting which dragons I've even described! Something like this would be really helpful. wink.gif

I admit being notified of description reviews, especially if there are comments, would be nice, but I would much prefer to be notified of description Approval/Rejection. When the moderation of descriptions is as behind as it is right now, trying to find the dozen or so descriptions I am waiting for Approval/Rejection for is a real pain.

I am also hoping that one day we can have some kind of scroll display to note descriptions on our scroll. This would be really helpful when I am wanting to write descriptions for my dragons, as well as being a lot of fun when I am looking at someone's scroll. I am not likely to click randomly on dragons looking for descriptions, but am almost certain to read them, if they are noted some way.

Yes! Support. I always forget to check my pending descriptions, too. :3

onsite BIG YES

email should be optional because some people will like other won't like

If you are someone like me who is always trying to describe all of your dragons, you know how tedious and difficult it can be to be constantly checking the status of a recently written description. Especially if you have more than one pending at a time, in which case you also have to remember which you've described.

A way to make this a little easier would be email notifications for when a description is approved or rejected by a moderator. You'd be able to turn it off, it'd just be a little something set aside in Account Settings. Personally I think it'd be better for it to have it set by default to no email notifications, modifiable by the user of course.

So, when a description is approved or rejected by a moderator only, an email is sent to the address associated with your account, telling which dragon's description, whether it was approved or rejected, and possibly any comments written by the moderator, or all user comments made on the description.

This would be pretty helpful; I'm in the same boat as you are, and as I'm describing about 30 dragons a day to catch up on some massive backlog, going back to check them over and over again is extremely annoying. OTL

However, what I think would be even more helpful is a filter option that'd show described dragons (or undescribed, or maybe both could be options).

This would be pretty helpful; I'm in the same boat as you are, and as I'm describing about 30 dragons a day to catch up on some massive backlog, going back to check them over and over again is extremely annoying. OTL

However, what I think would be even more helpful is a filter option that'd show described dragons (or undescribed, or maybe both could be options).

Wouldn't having a "pending" option be very helpful as well? I don't describe my dragons apart from a few a long time ago. But pending would essentially eliminate the need to have email notifications. You could look there and see the reviews and when something vanishes from it you look in described and undescribed for it.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Wouldn't having a "pending" option be very helpful as well? I don't describe my dragons apart from a few a long time ago. But pending would essentially eliminate the need to have email notifications. You could look there and see the reviews and when something vanishes from it you look in described and undescribed for it.

Yes, that sounds good to! My main concern though with three description-related options (heck, even with two) is that it's a lot of filters to dedicate all to the same thing. Of the three, your idea for pending might be the most useful. xd.png;;

Or maybe even a tracking descriptions feature? With one section showing the tracked descriptions, and the ability to untrack the status of one. c:

I personally check DC more often than my e-mail, so I'd be happy with just a pop-up notification, similar to the sickness message, that says something like "[Dragon Name (link to page)]'s description has been Approved/Rejected." It'd show only when a mod approved/rejected, and it would be optional for people who don't want to use it.

I wrote 18 new descriptions yesterday, by the time I was finished, all but 2 were approved. The other 2 were approved shortly thereafter. If the moderator had to stop after each and send a pm, however easy this could be made, I would not have had nearly the same result.

I would be more in favor of the suggestion that marks described dragons on our scroll. That would be automated and not put a greater strain on the mods than they already have to undergo to keep their jobs done in the timely manner they presently maintain.

I wrote 18 new descriptions yesterday, by the time I was finished, all but 2 were approved. The other 2 were approved shortly thereafter. If the moderator had to stop after each and send a pm, however easy this could be made, I would not have had nearly the same result.

I would be more in favor of the suggestion that marks described dragons on our scroll. That would be automated and not put a greater strain on the mods than they already have to undergo to keep their jobs done in the timely manner they presently maintain.

A moderator wouldn't have to send a PM, it would ideally be automatic. Otherwise it'd be a lot more work for the mods and less convenient for us. x3

I know there was a suggestion for marking described dragons somewhere, but I can't find it atm.

Edited by ab613

I personally check DC more often than my e-mail, so I'd be happy with just a pop-up notification, similar to the sickness message, that says something like "[Dragon Name (link to page)]'s description has been Approved/Rejected." It'd show only when a mod approved/rejected, and it would be optional for people who don't want to use it.

This, please. I don't make descriptions, but it'd still be a useful tool to just have if you needed it.

Ooh, I want this! A page, or a few extra options in Account Settings for notifications, including description notifications, would be excellent. :3

Definitely would prefer a pop-up to an e-mail notification. But I want to see new user reviews notified, too.

So maybe a page were you can check on your pending descriptions - like the teleport side. all dragons with pending descriptions could be linked from there so you wouldn't need to comb through your scroll.

I support this. Posted in a thread that asked how long it took descriptions to be evaluated and was directed here.

I wish there was a way to check the status of your descriptions. I thought "Review User Descriptions" was it, but that's just commenting on other people's.

Otherwise you have to just remember which of yours were described and keep checking up on them.

If not in an e-mail update, we should be able to see it under the 'Account' tab, such as the one for active transfers. If there's a shortcut for seeing which of your eggs/hatchies are in trades, then why not for the ones with reviews that haven't been approved and had the approval seen by yourself?