AngelArtist

Have You Heard of/Do You Have This?

Have you heard of synesthesia? Do you know someone with synesthesia?  

377 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this sounds interesting. i wonder how different the world would be to me if i saw letters in color. anyways, i know i don't have this sym-how2spell-thing, but when i was younger, i'd associate numbers with people and each number described their personality to me. i told my friend this and she called me weird. i've grown out of it now, but that's all i can think of that might sort of relate to this. smile.gif

Oh... I've heard of this. I think it would be cool, actually. My friend read a book about it.

I've got a noise-brings-color synesthesia. Some term I cannot be bothered to remember. For examples, names, when read aloud, have colors. But names read in silent do not have colors.

And out of curiosity, what color would 'Grace' be? how about 'Graciela'? To me, when I read my name out loud, Grace is a very pale pink, almost borderline white. Graciela, on the other hand, is almost the opposite - a very dark gray, almost going on black.

This is interesting... I have never heard of it. It would be cool to have though (I think... Haha).

What colors come to mind for the name Kaylee, if I may ask? :3

I attach parts of a conversation that is all verbal to whatever object I was looking at at the time, and can remember that part of the conversation instantly if I look at the object.

...what color is Stogu? (Stow-goo)

Edited by stogucheme

Never heard of it. That's very interesting, though. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. o.O It's just kind of...interesting?

Tara... For me it's blue-green with some sandy brown. Really interesting...

I don't know if I've posted on this thread before. I probably have. Whatever. My name (Sasha) is red like tomato paste with the same texture. I usually find tht colors of names are based on the first letter, but sometimes it changes.

Edited by Milkymoon101

I think my grandfather had a form this, and my uncle does. Something with the calendar/dates? I don't know exactly, only talked to my uncle about it once, and that was after my grandfather had died.

But, hey! What about the name Heather?

I don't have it, but I sorta wish I did. That sounds cool, being able to see sound like that.

Can you check Demi and Taylor? Taylor is my real name and Demi is a nickname (if it works anyway).

Beyond being able to see them how do you find out if you got it? I mean everything looks normal to me but I'm just curious as to how you find that out.

Can you check Demi and Taylor? Taylor is my real name and Demi is a nickname (if it works anyway).

Beyond being able to see them how do you find out if you got it? I mean everything looks normal to me but I'm just curious as to how you find that out.

Demi is dark blue and forceful, and Taylor is a whole bunch of sparkly shifting colors, almost like this, but predominantly white, yellow, and red.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Hmm... I've thought about this for a while, and I just realized something. It's always seemed normal to me, but I feel different "textures" when I hear voices, songs, sound patterns, or accents. I tend to like songs and voices that have nice or unique "textures". Don't know if it's synaesthesia or not. Might explain my all-over-the-place taste in music, though.

Edit: Does anyone else get this thing when you hear someone talk and go "his/her voice bothers me", even if it's not a voice generally thought of as annoying?

Edited by SPQR

Demi is dark blue and forceful, and Taylor is a whole bunch of sparkly shifting colors, almost like this, but predominantly white, yellow, and red.

Cool biggrin.gif

I haven't heard of this before, but I have heard savants describe numbers and one or two other things with colors or shapes.

Sounds interesting ^^

How does my first name look for you?: Furness

Edit: Does anyone else get this thing when you hear someone talk and go "his/her voice bothers me", even if it's not a voice generally thought of as annoying?

Here here. I have sensitive ears, though doubt it's synesthesia, certain pitches and textures of the human voice tends to make me cry as a response. Literally, I feel fine, but something about the voice causes tears to come out of my eyes.

I'm pretty sure I have it. It adds to people thinking I'm crazy. I think its fun when my friends ask me what color something is to me. It can get annoying though when they just start naming every thing in sight. dry.gif Hay could you tell me what my name is. for some reason no color shows up for it unless some one else says it. I kind of think a purple or something but I would like your opinion. (It's Alexandria) biggrin.gif

I don't have it, but I sorta wish I did. That sounds cool, being able to see sound like that.

Gets annoying occasionaly. Especially with sounds that have some nastily neon colours attatched to them.

Gets annoying occasionaly. Especially with sounds that have some nastily neon colours attatched to them.

Or when you are playing an instrument so loud that it's hard to see.

But I think the fun-ness of both synestisia and triple-forte outweigh that smile.gif.

This, with smells. Imagine the sharpest, most chemical scent you can imagine. Now imagine you can see it and smell it at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I have it. Numbers have...textures, personalities, genders, sounds, occasionally solid colors. I don't even like numbers that much; they just...they're very real to me.

Sounds have textures and colors as well; music, voices, etc. I have a hard time being friends with people who have voices that grate, whether their voice actually has a grating tone or not. I know people with voices that are pretty generically pleasant, but I can't stand to listen to them because of the way their voice makes me feel, like something's rubbing my brain the wrong way. The texture/color thing is probably the cause for my erratic musical taste, too.

And feelings have colors, definitely -- physical feelings, that is (emotions do as well, but that's not synesthesia, I don't think).

And words most of all. Like numbers, they have genders and personalities, textures, colors, and certain sounds associated with them. Words are my absolute favorite because I just get lost in the feel of them.

But I've never really viewed any of this as...cumbersome, I guess. It's sort of enriching, like I'm more fully experiencing everything.

Edited by OnABadBet

I don't have any form of synesthesia, or if I do I don't know it, but the differences in the way people sense things totally fascinate me. I can kind of understand the concept of things bleeding over because I do have particularly vivid sense of smell and memory associated with it. When I smell certain strong scents, particularly unusual things, I experience particularly strong memory of other places or times where I've smelled that. The ointment they put on a fresh tattoo at the tattoo place, for instance, is a particularly strong one; every time I smell that I have an almost visual flashback to getting my first tattoo. The more unusual the smell the stronger the reaction, generally. I'm good at identifying smells because of it; I've surprised people by identifying their perfume by name more than once, lol.

I have:

- letters/numbers/words => colours, some have tastes

- emotions => colours & textures/shapes

Which means that everything triggering emotions gets their own colours and textures/shapes -- people, music, movies, books, smells, tastes and on and on.

I may have music instruments => colours, but I'm not sure if it's really the instrument or the emotions I get from the instruments. It's tricky. biggrin.gif

I see colors in letters (names) and numbers xd.png

Amanda I see it in these colors: Amanda

Edited by bubinator