AngelArtist

Have You Heard of/Do You Have This?

Have you heard of synesthesia? Do you know someone with synesthesia?  

377 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd have to say this is the first time I've heard of the term for how some of you can see colors, but it does sound vaguely familiar. I wish I had something like that in any way.

Now I am curious as to what color my name is. I hope it's some kind of blue or cool color.

Yes, I have heard about it, but don't have it - even though I wish I had. Seems to be very cool.

What colour is Michaela for you, hun? Really curious. laugh.gif

Oh that's amazing, it explains my favourite colours. =D

And Martina? (my sister's name)

hmm, my mind seems to like associating things with pale yellow a lot. lol. lots of things end up pale yellow to me. like, wallpaper yellow or desert. tongue.gif and to me, Michaela sounds is a leafy green-ish. like rainforest-y colors. lol totally different from -platinum-draco-. X3

ETA: "lizardtail" definitely sounds like sandy yellow with some dark blue, but "lizard" sounds teal.

Edited by lizardtail

I thought that kind of thing only happened when you were high. I'm curious though, what color is the name David?

@Lizartail: I think my preferred colors are blues.

Martina is light teal, but that's probably from an anime in which a character named Martina had that color hair. Sometimes they change based on things like that.

Holly is reddish maroon and David is brownish purple.

EDIT: Just adding that yellow is very rare for me. There is a song we're playing in orchestra that is definitely yellow for me.

EDIT: So I don't post excessively, Phillip is light bluish green, turning darker and bluer at the end.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

When I was younger, I always asked my friends what colors they thought of when I said a certain word and I used to be so confused when they didn't have a color. > <

I have colors in my head for numbers, letters, names, and days of the week. I also have personification synethesia which is where I have personalities for different numbers and letters. Like for 9 I think of the old fashioned gentleman, and K I think of a girl that's a strong hearted leader. :>

It's sort of fun having it actually, I never knew it was something funny until after I found the wikipedia page. xd.png

Platinum: Lol "syne-thingy I cannot pronounce" xd.png thank you for making me giggle~ but that's odd, never heard of chocolate having an astringent aftertaste... Maybe it was bad chocolate? Or does that happen with all chocolate?

Rainbow: I don't think I've done Elizabeth. It's blue and pale yellow, Liz is a light shimmery green, and Beth is a silky sky blue color, very pretty! ^__^

That is the coolest thing ever! biggrin.gif I wish I could see sounds, because basically all I do is listen to music. smile.gif It must be disorienting sometimes though, especially in loud crowded places.

What does Hailey sound/color like? If you don't mind me asking. smile.gif

no surprise I haven't heard of this I'm pretty clueless to medical terms and conditions. I have adhd and have a hard time focusing on anything outside my interests

Seeing sounds would be horribly painful to me, because I thoroughly enjoy metal and metal concerts xd.png I'm pretty sure if I "saw" the sounds of a metal concert I would be twitching on the floor in the center of the mosh pit in a fetal position.

I don't have it, or don't know anyone that has it. Seems interesting though.

What color is my name? (Alan)

Seeing sounds would be horribly painful to me, because I thoroughly enjoy metal and metal concerts xd.png I'm pretty sure if I "saw" the sounds of a metal concert I would be twitching on the floor in the center of the mosh pit in a fetal position.

Nope. I see sounds and I'm a thorough metal-head wink.gif I just don't like very high pitched noises, because they tend to come in hideous neon colour. Reds, Blues and Purples are normally the colours I get with metal, so it's all good.

I've been told seeing things on tv/movies and then actually feeling the same feeling yourself (like pain if you see a person get hit somewhere painful) is a form of it. I actually have that kind of response so it would be interesting to know if that were synesthesia haha.

Also, totally random, but I don't get name/colors or sound/colors, but I /do/ get literary genres connected to tastes O.o I once described something I was working on as "tasting of licorice" and couldn't explain it better than that. I've also "tasted" mint, various chocolates, caramel and skittles when reading/writing xd.png It would certainly explain why I'm addicted to reading. Has anyone experienced anything like this one?

I skimmed a bit in the middle so I'm not sure if this name has been asked yet, but what color is Tiffany?

wow that's kind of crazy, but good to know i guess we all learn something new everyday lol

I don't really correlate music with colors, outside the usual blue for calmer songs and red for more hard-core songs.

I do associate other things with different colors, like my binders/folders for school--Blue for math, green for english, red for history, white for foreign language, yellow for science. It would just feel wrong to mess up the colors.

Not sure if that's really personal preference or something special like synesthesia, but it's all I got. ;P

EDIT: So I don't post excessively, Phillip is light bluish green, turning darker and bluer at the end.

Huh. My favorite colors tongue.gif that's pretty awesome.

I skimmed a bit in the middle so I'm not sure if this name has been asked yet, but what color is Tiffany?

Tiffany is yellowish. It's worth noting that it also tastes something like caramel. Some things have extra senses like that.

I have personalities for different numbers and letters. Like for 9 I think of the old fashioned gentleman, and K I think of a girl that's a strong hearted leader. :>

I have that to, but only with numbers. It's weired.

Alan is reddish and yellowish/goldish.

Hailey is also brownish yellow. Wow, I usually don't get this many yellows.

Um, I suppose I'm less organized with numbers. 7 is 6's older brother -/sounds ridiculous.

Okay, I am curious now. I know this topic hasn't had anything in nearly three weeks.

What colors fly out of the name Karin?

I dunno if this is it, but I see pictures with certain names, letters and numbers.

9 is a cat for example.

My name victoria, I always think of a palace with purple and gold while isabella I think of a palace with yellow and pink or lavender.

lol. i saw Karen as dark red fading to deep purple. i made sure to think of an answer before i looked at platinum's answer, funny how different we see things when we normally dont see these colors. tongue.gifxd.png

isabella is a crystalline white, and victoria seems seaweed green to sea-foam green. huh, "victoria" is very oceanic to me haha.

That's because of the 'i' I got in my name. smile.gif

I was hoping a cool (blue, green) color for my name, but pink to yellow doesn't sound bad. It actually almost matches my sig.