BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge

Finally got around to putting word to text, so that I can update... tongue.gif (And yes, I'm on a Xanthian kick.)

Book Number: 10th (re-read)

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: Castle Roogna

Author: Piers Anthony

Rating and review, see my rating and review on previous Xanth books. smile.gif

Book Number: 11th (re-read)

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: Centaur Aisle

Book Number: 12th (re-read)

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: Ogre, Ogre

Book Number: 13th (re-read)

Book Title: Night Mare

Book Number: 14th (re-read)

Book Title: Crewel Lye

Book Number: 114

Number Of Pages: 230

Book Title: Falling

Author: M. L. Rhodes

Review: Predicable. Very very predictable. And the fact that she had hot man love in it doesn't stop it from being exceedingly predictable. Definitely not a reread.

Simkim, my fav Xanth book is Harpy Thyme. I so need to find it again and reread it.

Simkim, my fav Xanth book is Harpy Thyme. I so need to find it again and reread it. [/color]

Feel free to call me sim or sunny - smile.gif

My fav Xanth book is "Dragon on a Pedestal" - but that's probably because that was the book that got me hooked on Xanth. (I was 13 at the time.)

Now I'm nearly 35 and last night, was midway through Crewel Lye when a lightbulb lit up above my head...

I finally figured out that Crewel Lye = Cruel Lie. And even to this day, I'm still figuring out what puns mean what - so every read is always like it's new, not a re-read. I love it.

Puns aren't easy for me to fathom because of my deafness - I've never "heard" speech, so ofttimes a pun will just fly over my head without biting into my head, lol.

There's two new books due to come out - Anthony finished the 36th one - the 34th one is already out in stores, the 35th and 36th are being edited at publishers or whatever. I believe he's now working on a 37th one.

He's awesome, practically writing in just puns! That's a skill that impresses me.

Book Number: 112

Number Of Pages: 480

Book Title: Shalador's Lady ~R~

Author: Anne Bishop

Review: I love this series so much. I will probably gush over it many, many times. I just found out the next book comes out March 11, 2011! I so can't wait! Eeeeee!

Kanaye, if you like Jaenelle and Daemon romance, you may end up really disappointed with Twilight's Dawn. Here's a review about it: Review: Twilight's Dawn

My favorite Xanth novel is Castle Roogna because that was my very first introduction to it. I had found it lying on a table in a laundromat so I read it while my mother did the laundry (I was young then). I wasn't able to finish the book that day so I kept the title in mind. About a year or so later, when my parents took my book shopping, I was elated to find it. I have intentions of reading all the Xanth books but because it was too much for my limited budget, that will have to hold.

And to keep this post on topic:

Book Number: 61

Number Of Pages: 357 pgs

Book Title: The Spy

Author: Celeste Bradley

Rating: 4/5

Edited by Maladroit

That's what libraries are for! Safeguards budgets.

I've read the entire Xanth series (all the way from 1 to 33). I also read the DoOon Mode series as well - freaking awesome!

Isn't it interesting how the first book (out of order) of a series can draw you into reading the rest of the series?

And speaking of that - going to be interesting in the next several years, how the Harry Potter series remains popular or not... each book is actually capable of standing alone and definitely would pull people into reading from start to end. So yeah, gonna be interesting to see what happens as kids grow old enough to read on their own, etc.

And to stay on topic:

I'm currently reading my 15th book:

Golem in the Gears.

Updated to here.

ZanGetsuFuhma, you are added.

Aaurion, I did add you. You just weren't patient enough for me to finish updating.

Updated to here.

ZanGetsuFuhma, you are added.

Aaurion, I did add you. You just weren't patient enough for me to finish updating.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that the previous post meant you had updated.

Kanaye, if you like Jaenelle and Daemon romance, you may end up really disappointed with Twilight's Dawn. Here's a review about it: Review: Twilight's Dawn

Holy Flippin Macaroni! *doesn't know whether to be mad or not*

Thank you for showing me that, Maladroit. I don't think I am going to buy it now. Is that going to be the last in the series if Jaenelle...

*shakes her head*

Oh, and Harpy Thyme was my introduction into the Xanth Series. Maybe that's why it's my favorite. I've read several, but not the entire series. I think my tastes have changed because I've tried reading Geis of the Gargoyle several times in 2010 and I can't get through it.

To stay on topic, I am currenly listening to another book on CD, The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima, as I crochet.

@sim: My libraries suck. Also, I'm too lazy and timid to drive out to the public library of the city I live in, the local library is too small (caters to a small town/village) and I wouldn't be able to borrow books from there unless I get a library card at my public library and provide 2-3 forms of ID, and the library that is more convenient for me is too small as well. They have horrible choices, particularly in the fantasy section.

@Kanaye: You're welcome. I was really dismayed myself but I think I'll read it anyway. I'll probably blubber my way to the end, and I am hoping I won't severely regret it.

Edit: On second thought, after skimming over that review again, I don't think I have the heart to put myself through that. Drat it. Now I have to go revise all the Reading Challenges I've joined on Goodreads where I have that book listed.

Edit#2: Or...maybe? Argh!

Book Number: 62

Number Of Pages: 364 pgs

Book Title: The Charmer

Rating: 3/5

Book Number: 63

Number Of Pages: 325 pgs

Book Title: The Rogue

Book Number: 64

Number Of Pages: 368 pgs

Book Title: Spellweaver

Author: Lynn Kurland

Rating: 2/5

Review: I really wanted to love this book. I have loved the Nine Kingdoms series since Star of the Morning. But this book ended up disappointing me so much. You can read my long review here.

Book Number: 65

Number Of Pages: 319 pgs

Book Title: The Negotiator

Author: Dee Henderson

Rating: 2/5

Book Number: 66

Number Of Pages: 204 pgs

Book Title: I Will Repay

Author: Baroness Orczy

Book Number: 67

Number Of Pages: 256 pgs

Book Title: Home for the Holidays

Author: Sarah Mayberry

Currently taking my time reading and rereading a few books. Updates will be even slower. sleep.gif;

Book Number: 68

Number Of Pages: 512 pgs

Book Title: The Clan of the Cave Bear [reread; e-book]

Author: Jean Auel

Edited by Maladroit

@sim: My libraries suck. Also, I'm too lazy and timid to drive out to the public library of the city I live in, the local library is too small (caters to a small town/village) and I wouldn't be able to borrow books from there unless I get a library card at my public library and provide 2-3 forms of ID, and the library that is more convenient for me is too small as well. They have horrible choices, particularly in the fantasy section.

I hear you on that. I used to live in a town where there was only one-room library for miles. Ended up reading through the entire room in just a few years (no computer, etc back then) - I easily read through 10 books, maybe 15 a day. Depended on the weather, lol. When I was in the big city in a diff state - I ended up going to Goodwill and buying whatever I found there and then donating them back...

I didn't get to start reading good stuff until I was eh, 13. That was when I finally ended up in a good place and finally experienced school for a change (meaning, I finally had interpreters for classes).

I started to read other genres other than romance. *snicker* Ya, I was reading romance books as early as age 7 or 8. I still do. smile.gif

I often wonder if the romance books are sugarcoating actual romance or if there's actual romances occurring like in the books...

And to stay on topic... sortakinda...

Almost done with Golem, will update that later today.

Stick with Geis of the Gargoyle - it does start out kinda draggy, but it gets far better closer to the end - is really worth it, esp if you read the whole series - things make a lot more sense but I do say that these books are stand-alone, just is better if read in series.

Book Number: 66

Number Of Pages: 376

Book Title: Lord Sunday (re-read)

Author: Garth Nix

Book Number: 15th (re-read)

Number Of Pages: 327

Book Title: Golem in the Gears

Book Number: 115

Number Of Pages: 249

Book Title: Sweet Admiration (Yaoi Novel) ~R~

Author: Yuuki Kousaka

I actually forgot I had read this till I cleared off my bed last night and found it. Oops.

Book Number: 116

Number Of Pages: 333

Book Title: False Colors ~R~

Author: Alex Beecroft

Review: I enjoy this every time I read it. English navy, pirates, torture, hot m/m, whats not to love.

Book Number: 117

Number Of Pages: 212

Book Title: Touch Me Gently

Author: J.R. Loveless

Review: I did not enjoy this at all. Seemed like a straight romance but with men. (And I loathe straight romance.) Bad Review in tiny text. ->And things were no making sense, like him getting attacked in the kitchen and then the same night he's saying he liked it there cause no one tried to hurt him. And then having him almost get paralyzed so the author could introduce a little girl with brain cancer, so he'd push himself to do his therapy. And then, once he can walk, the authors has him dream of the little girl going to heaven and sure enough she's dead.

The were more stuff in it I highly disliked but those were the the main things. *could fill up this whole page with complaints on this book.*

*shakes her head* The ONLY reason I finished it was cause I paid $5.30 to get it on my Nook. I'm am so flipping glad I did not pay $14.41 for the actual darn paperback book. I would have been madder than I am now. I do NOT recommend this book for anyone who likes m/m.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 703

Book Title: Book two of The tears of Artamon - Prisoner of Ironsea Tower

Author: Sarah Ash

Rating: 5/5

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 519

Book Title: Blood Trinity

Author: Shrrilyn Kenyon/Diana Love

Rating: 10/10

Review: Oh gawd, I loved this book so much, recommend to all who want to read.

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 151

Book Title: The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception Edit

Author: Jude Watson

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 151

Book Title: The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning

Author: Jude Watson

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 503

Book Title: Eragon

Author: Christopher Paolini

Rating: 6/5

Book Number: 118

Number Of Pages: 566

Book Title: The Lost Conspiracy

Author: Frances Hardinge

Review: I really enjoyed this. Interesting characters and a fresh story I've never encountered before. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is in middle school and up.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 242

Book Title: Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Journey

Author: Kathryn Lasky

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 170

Book Title: Around the World in Eighty Days

Author: Jules Verne

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: The Wayward Mind: An Intimate History of the Unconscious

Author: Guy Claxton

Rating: 4.5/5

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 197

Book Title: When You Reach Me (re-read)

Author: Rebecca Stead

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 263

Book Title: Sold

Author: Patricia McCormick

Review: This is a really good book. I couldn't put it down. The writing style was very interesting and the story is very sad.