Book Title: The Austere Academy

Author: Lemony Snicket

Here's another one smile.gif

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 432

Book Title: Courting Trouble

Author:  Lisa Scottoline

Rating: 4

Review: Good mystery...lots of action too  More female heroes.

And another:

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: The Stolen Child

Author: Keith Donohue

Review: A page turner...

And more:

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 433

Book Title: Dracula

Author: Bram Stoker

Review: Not anything like the movies... quite different and written in very old English... good thing it had an index in the back to translate some of the old vernacular. Really liked this one smile.gif

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 156

Book Title: Earthborne/The Gifts of Asti

Author: Andre Norton

Review: Two very interesting novelettes... very obscure writings by Norton, but just as good as her regular books

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 192

Book Title: Dark Guardian

Author: Christine Feehan

Review: Love this series...

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 404

Book Title: Danse Macabre

Author: Laurell Hamilton

Rating: 5

Review: Anita Blake is one "empowered woman" smile.gif

Gah, stupid college taking away all my reading time. sad.gif Anyway, judging from a few earlier posts, we can count multiple manga volumes as one book to reach the page count, so:

Number Of Pages: 567

Book Title: Claymore volumes 9, 10, 11

Author: Norihiro Yagi

Rating: 4.5

Review: Like most action manga, the fight scenes can get a little sloppy at times, but that's really not all that important. I love the characters, the plot... it's one of my favorite manga. And that ending. Oh-em-gee, that ending! Can't wait to get my hands on the next one...

Edited by Danne

Number Of Pages: 326

Book Title: 1984

Author: George Orwell

Number Of Pages: 311

Book Title: The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl

Author: Barry Lyga

Number Of Pages: 608, according to Google. I'll check once I find my copy.

Book Title: Terrier

Author: Tamora Pierce

Book Number: 9 (reread)

Number Of Pages: 440

Book Title:I Am Number Four

Author: Pittacus Lore

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 416

Book Title: A Great and Terrible Beauty

Author: Libba Bray

I'd like to join this too, even though it's a bit late... I just want to see how many books I can read during the time that's left. ^^

Zivia  Posted on Nov 6 2010, 05:08 PM

I would like to join. This should be easy for a bookworm like myself.

Yeah feel free to start posting your books up, I will update the list in a couple of hours or so. A round of applause is needed for kanaye, She has been helping out due to myself and draco being over run with work.

*Cheers*

On another note: I don't think I will be able to read at all this year anymore *sighs sadly* I'll miss you books.

Number Of Pages: 520

Book Title: Halo Evolutions

Author: Various

Review: A collection of short stories and poems based in the Halo universe :D The editing skills are just as weak as in the first two books but it doesn't subtract much. Really amazing stories in here, especially the one with the Gravemind and Cortana X3 I got mah geek on!

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 172

Book Title: The land beyond

Author: Teo Troy

Review: It's the first book in a fantasy series that I only read once before this (and that was years ago). The story takes place here on Earth, but also in another world and it's about two twins named Kim and Kira. I think that's all I'll be able to tell about it, since it's so much that happens in the series.

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 248

Book Title: The Golden Goblet

Author: Eloise Jarvis McGraw

Number Of Pages: 359

Book Title: Wings

Author: Aprilynne Pike

Review: This book has almost everything. Magic, romance and danger. Everything a person knew about faeries will be changed

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 383

Book Title: Boy meets girl

Author: Meg Cabot

Book Number:3

Number Of Pages:374

Book Title: The guy next door

Author:Meg Cabot

I think it's best I do this while I still remember it and since I just finished it..

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 190

Book Title: Sword of fear

And I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I've translated the names of the books from Swedish into English, and I hope you don't mind that... So if you want me to write their original title, just let me know so I can change that.

Number Of Pages: 510

Book Title: Amazonia

Author: James Rollins

This is a re-read, read it the first time several years ago.

Edited by Zivia

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 214

Book Title: The Sirens of Surrentum

Author: C. Lawrence

Rating: 5/5

Number Of Pages: 448

Book Title: Fablehaven:Rise of the Evening Star

Author: Brandon Mull

Rating: 4/5

Number Of Pages: 294

Book Title: The battle for Skandia

Author: John Flanagan

Rating: 4/5

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: Lord Sunday

Author: Garth Nix

Rating: 6/5

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 322

Book Title: The Dresden Files: Storm Front

Author: Jim Butcher

Rating: Awesome

Review: This book was WONDERFUL. It is a reread and I'll probably keep rereading it until the pages start falling out because it was that wonderful. Harry Dresden is a modern day wizard living in Chicago. He is your classic knight in shining armor type, always battling to do the right thing, no matter what the cost to himself may be. Every book in the series follows a similar format. Harry always winds up in over his head, battling against impossible odds. As the series goes on, the odds get longer and longer. It is hard not to love Harry though. He is the classic hero. He will do anything (brilliant or stupid) to try and aid a damsel in distress. He has a darker side, but he always tries to do the right thing.

THIS IS NOT A CHILDRENS BOOK SERIES. There are adult themes, mild (compared with some of Laurell K Hamilton has presented to us) sex scenes peppered through-out the books, violence, some religious tones. Nothing offensive, nothing we haven't all seen in an R-rated movie, but if you are young enough not to allowed to watch R-rated movies, you should probably steer clear of this series.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 342

Book Title: The Dresden Files: Fool Moon

Review: Some of the purists out there will not like the way that werewolves are presented. Most of the were-wolves in the books are shape-shifters. There is only one "true" werewolf and that one is dangerous as anything a wizard has ever run into. I really liked it though. I am one who thinks that creative control should rest with the author and that if they won't want their were-wolves to follow traditional rules, they don't have to. I've seen authors get a lot of flack for this though (cough cough *Twilight Haters*) but I figure that if you don't like it, you can always put it down and get something else. I think that was the whole point behind having a library card.

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 378

Book Title: The Dresden Files: Grave Peril

Rating: Awesome - these books are all going to get that rating. Jim Butcher is some kind of god of Sci-fi and I worship the pages he writes on. Not as good as Douglas Adams, but up there.

Review: Some of the purists out there are not going to like the way vampires are portrayed in this series either. There are 3 seperate Courts of vampire in the Dresden world. The first is the Black Court. Their numbers are not as plentiful as they once were because Stoker published their secrets. Traditional Vampires to the core. We met the Red Court in book 1. Blood Drinking - check. Sunlight - won't kill it, but will mess with its ability to look human. Garlic - not a problem. They don't have to kill when they feed. The White Court is the one the purists really don't like. They are really just incubus - succubi, they don't feed on blood, and they can walk around in daylight all they want. Still, it was a good take on vampires and I really enjoyed it. Creative license is, in my opinion, what makes or breaks an author.

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 371

Book Title: The Dresden Files: Summer Knight

Review: It has faeries in it. The fae are bad-a$$, no tinkerbell sparkles here. It made for a GREAT read.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 374

Book Title: The Dresden Files: Death Masks

Review: This book managed to blend Christian theology seamlessly with supernatural monsters. The Shroud of Turin, the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for the betrayal of Jesus, and a reappearance of the Knights of the Cross. Harry is up against beings who may have the power to set off the Apocalypse. Again.

Thats all I got for now. There will probably be a couple more later, since I've already started the next book. I do have another question though. Do comic book compilations count toward a book count? The only book I have left in my house that I haven't read is a hardcover comic book collection with well over 100 pages.

Number Of Pages: 170

Book Title: The power of the Crystal

Sometimes I wish that they had made this to one thick book instead of 8 small books... /; I like thick books better than small things like these.

Just waving hi to my fellow Readers. Just joined so I'll say a bit about myself - I'm a generally insane but sweet gal and oh yeah, I love reading books, the thicker the better. biggrin.gif I'll post my next book with a review blurb later. For now, just a quick intro. smile.gif Call me Sunny or sul - whichever tickles your fancy.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 255

Book Title: The Hostile Hospital

Author: Lemony Snicket

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 228

Book Title: St. Nachos ~R~

Author: Z. A. Maxfield

Book Number: 81

Number Of Pages: 340

Book Title: Chaps

Author: Jove Belle

Review: I actually liked this, even if it did move a little too fast.

Book Number: 82

Number Of Pages: 256

Book Title: Help! I'm Laughing and I Can't Get Up

Author: Liz Curtis Higgs

Review: I read this while I was bored at work. It was very funny and I kept having to make sure no one had come in while I was laughing.

Edited by Kanaye

My next set of books. I'm starting to get into a routine now in college so I'll have a little more time to read. Yay.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 369

Book Title: Dragon Champion

Author: E.E. Knight

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 305

Book Title: Rescue Me

Author: Melissa Wareham

I would like to join the Challenge! I've almost finished this book:

November 10, 2010

Number Of Pages: 159+

Book Title: The Royal Diaries-Sondok-Princess of the Moon and Stars

Author: Sheri Holman

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Pretty good book. I've always loved the Royal Diaries books since I was little. And I'm a historian, so it's all good wink.gif

Book Number: 83

Number Of Pages: 260

Book Title: Physical Therapy ~R~

Author: Z. A. Maxfield

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 302

Book Title: The God of Small Things

Author: Arundhati Roy

Rating: 5/5

Review: One word: amazing.

Number Of Pages: 225