Dr. Paine

Holy monkey feathers.

That's right people- a new series set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

So, guesses? Hopes? Fears?

I'm hoping Korra will be a girl- it sounds like a feminine name, anyway. And we need to see one in action for more than an episode. dry.gif

... now, commence freaking out over NEW AVATAR.

Also, I am aware it was mentioned in the Last Airbender thread, but this is solely to discuss information regarding Korra.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I hadn't heard about this but now I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I'm hoping Korra will be a girl- it sounds like a feminine name, anyway. And we need to see one in action for more than an episode. dry.gif

I agree I'd love to see the lead being a female avatar and kicking some serious behind thoughout the show.

I'm looking forward to it ^^

I agree I'd love to see the lead being a female avatar and kicking some serious behind thoughout the show.

Honestly, I'd love more stuff involving Kiyoshi- she took down a tyrant, created the Dai Li, and was the longest lived Avatar... that'd be a hell of a series.

But if we get a worthy Waterbending successor, hey, I won't complain.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I'm looking forward to it <3

I hope it's a girl, this time, too. <3 I hope Toph gets remade, too. xd.png And Sokka and Zuko.

I want to see all the original characters older! *o*

And yeah, a female kick-butt heroine would be awesome.

I'm looking forward to it <3

I hope it's a girl, this time, too. <3 I hope Toph gets remade, too. xd.png And Sokka and Zuko.

I'd be a little ticked if that happened x3

I think a lot of fans would/will agree- ties to the original, maybe even some character callbacks (friendships can transcend lifetimes :K), but out and out 'new face, same person'? Urgh, spare me. That's the downfall of a sequel, just remaking the same thing with minor changes.

I'd love to see what more can be done with the world, rather than walk the same path.

Also, given the plot/setting... it's unlikely we'd see many, if any of the originals. Order of the White Lotus will certainly be dead, Aang's certainly dead here, it's possible Katara, Toph, Zuko or Sokka could still be alive... but unlikely.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I heard about it and had a fangasm.

All I know about it- there's a character called Korra, a character called Meeko (or Meelo) and its set 100 years in the future.

I definitely second having a kickass female protagonist. I also can't help but think that it would be cool if she was one of those swamp benders.

I'm also curious to see how far the technology has progressed....Fire Nation looked like it had hit the industrial revolution, so a lot might have changed in a century's time.

edit: Kay, most of that was in the link. But still, fangasming. xd.png

Edited by Completely Different

Oooooh.... So excited!

If Aang is this guy/girl's mentor a hundred years later, he must be dead. Since he was the 'youngest' of the main characters, and presumably died at least ten years before the series starts (since a baby Avatar wouldn't be much fun) my guess is all the main characters will be dead, with the possibly exception of Toph. Who would be an ancient lady.

I hope it is entirely new but just as good.

Oooooh.... So excited!

If Aang is this guy/girl's mentor a hundred years later, he must be dead. Since he was the 'youngest' of the main characters, and presumably died at least ten years before the series starts (since a baby Avatar wouldn't be much fun) my guess is all the main characters will be dead, with the possibly exception of Toph. Who would be an ancient lady.

I hope it is entirely new but just as good.

Well, Bumi DID live over 100 years, and it's implied he isn't the first or last.

Hell, as I said earlier, Kiyoshi was well into being a bicentennial woman when she died. So it's entirely plausible, but unlikely, they'll still be around. ... Maybe Korra'll be Southern Water Tribe and taught by the (hey, it's possible) living legend/master Katara?

=D This is the first I've heard of it! X3 *squee*

When's it coming out?

~Feathers

=D This is the first I've heard of it! X3 *squee*

When's it coming out?

~Feathers

No clue, they haven't even gotten a full staff for it.

These are my theories:

Korra is a female avatar from the water tribe.

There is a gender cycle with the avatar. these are the past few that I noticed it with:

Air-Female (Yangchen)

Water-Male (Kuru)

Earth-Female (Kyoshi)

Fire-Male (Roku)

Air-Male (Aang)

Water-Female (Korra?)

Anyway, I'm really excited, and hope they don't mess it up

These are my theories:

Korra is a female avatar from the water tribe.

There is a gender cycle with the avatar. these are  the past few that I noticed it with:

Air-Female (Yangchen)

Water-Male (Kuru)

Earth-Female (Kyoshi)

Fire-Male (Roku)

Air-Male (Aang)

Water-Female (Korra?)

Anyway, I'm really excited, and hope they don't mess it up

Yep. The theory is that a gender will overlap with the beginning of a new cycle, so no nation has a male or female avatar twice in a row.

And seriously, who would name their son Korra? The only other name I've heard of that's even close to it is Coraline x3

Edited by Dr. Paine

I'm so excited! biggrin.gif My parents will be freaking out until it comes out on Netflix. >_> Then we have to wait a for it to get here. This will be a long, long, several months.

I'm so excited! biggrin.gif My parents will be freaking out until it comes out on Netflix. >_> Then we have to wait a for it to get here. This will be a long, long, several months.

Could even be years. -shrug-

Again, they're still in the process of staffing the thing. I think we'll see Korra... oh, around the same time Valve releases Portal 2. Maybe a little bit before or after.

And seriously, who would name their son Korra? The only other name I've heard of that's even close to it is Coraline x3

Hey, there's Sokka, which can only bring to mind socks. X]

I hope they don't let the success of the first series get to them, though. I've noticed that sometimes successful series let quality slack off because they know the brand sells already. XP

~Feathers

Yeah, I'm hoping for a great series, but expecting an OK but not great one.

They did manage to keep it good throughout the entire first series despite popularity, so maybe they can do it again.

I'm REALLY excited for this! Loved the first cartoon, so I have high expectations for this one.

Could even be years. -shrug-

Again, they're still in the process of staffing the thing. I think we'll see Korra... oh, around the same time Valve releases Portal 2. Maybe a little bit before or after.

True enough... I guess the better term would have been "many".

Well, now we have some more news - see here. I'm even more excited about Legend of Korra now (assuming everything in the press release is/stays true). In particular, I'm glad we're getting a female Avatar.

Edited by Mathcat