Dr. Paine

Well, now we have some more news - see here.  I'm even more excited about Legend of Korra now (assu ming everything in the press release is/stays true).  In particular, I'm glad we're getting a female Avatar.

Korra's a girl?

AND SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE! CALLED IT! CALLED IT! YES!

And... I actually like the plot setup, it's NOT a rehash of the old one! One thing that I had always been interested in seeing was what people who were 'anti-bender' were like, so... should be neat! The city sounds interesting (I'm pretty sure it's the product of Zuko's reign), and... I... actually have faith in this.

Pleasegoddon'tletmydreamsbecrushedDx

ETA: Also, calling it now. Korra is related to Sokka and Suki. Somehow >D Seriously, she has Sokka's build, it's entirely possible she could be their grandkid.

Edited by Dr. Paine

That Korra chick's got some muscles. xd.png

Aang's son?

WHO'S THE MAMA? I really hope it ain't Katara.

Since it's 70 years later, I'm guessing Katara's alive and teaches her waterbending, same with Toph. Maybe Zuko's son/daughter would teach her Fire.

Hurrmmmm. I'm gonna show my dad this, he likes Avatar.

Korra's a girl?

AND SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE! CALLED IT! CALLED IT! YES!

And... I actually like the plot setup, it's NOT a rehash of the old one! One thing that I had always been interested in seeing was what people who were 'anti-bender' were like, so... should be neat! The city sounds interesting (I'm pretty sure it's the product of Zuko's reign), and... I... actually have faith in this.

Pleasegoddon'tletmydreamsbecrushedDx

ETA: Also, calling it now. Korra is related to Sokka and Suki. Somehow >D Seriously, she has Sokka's build, it's entirely possible she could be their grandkid.

I second this x3

Korra does look like Sokka (Except more muscular xd.png), so she might be a descendant of him.

I second this x3

Korra does look like Sokka (Except more muscular xd.png), so she might be a descendant of him.

xd.png

Man. Being an avatar, AND being related to Sokka/Suki?

Kiyoshi would be proud of this kick-arse gal biggrin.gif

Well, now we have some more news - see here. I'm even more excited about Legend of Korra now (assuming everything in the press release is/stays true). In particular, I'm glad we're getting a female Avatar.

Oh wow it sounds so awesome and Korra looks like a tough chick cool.gif

SWEET!

/loved the original Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I wonder if there will be anymore airbenders in this one. I dunno. It'll kill my brain wondering.

HURRY UP AND PREMIERE!!!

Edited by scratcher_cat

Aang is like Adam, and Katara like Eve. They will have lots of nice little baby airbenders who will marry and have even more baby airbenders.

Aang is like Adam, and Katara like Eve. They will have lots of nice little baby airbenders who will marry and have even more baby airbenders.

I lol'd.

:D

D8 INCEST!

I still laughed.

Am I the only one hoping and guessing that Korra's related to Toph in some way? ._.

Well, not necessarily incest..

I think x-bender can have kids with y-bender and have both x and y bender kids, right? After all, Katara's parents weren't benders at all, so obviously your parent doesn't have to be the bender, but you might need in your heritage somewhere.

But thanks for lol'ing. x3

Oh, God. There are no words to express how bad-ass this plot sounds.

Steam punk? Anti-bender sentiments? Aang's kid?

Epic, simply put.

I do hope we see something of the Sun Warriors, and maybe air-bender's other than Aang's kids. Afterall, I find it a bit silly to assume every single last airbender but Aang got wiped out.

Oh, God. There are no words to express how bad-ass this plot sounds.

Steam punk? Anti-bender sentiments? Aang's kid?

Epic, simply put.

I do hope we see something of the Sun Warriors, and maybe air-bender's other than Aang's kids. Afterall, I find it a bit silly to assume every single last airbender but Aang got wiped out.

Well, it's been stated by the creators that bending is a combination of genetics and spiritual affinity, so there could be some others out there. They also said Air Nomads won't be making a comeback- pretty much that there'd be some benders here and there, but as a whole? They're a very rare, scattered few.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Well, it's been stated by the creators that bending is a combination of genetics and spiritual affinity, so there could be some others out there. They also said Air Nomads won't be making a comeback- pretty much that there'd be some benders here and there, but as a whole? They're a very rare, scattered few.

Yeah. I’m definitely not fore-seeing like thousands, or even hundreds. Maybe twenty or so, scattered across the world. I think that’s plausible, especially since they’d want to keep it low key for a 100 years, hiding from the Fire Nation.

Plus, with the spirituality aspect….all you really need, I guess, if a great-grandfather who was an air bender, or something.

Me again with a link. The creators were interviewed here - some very interesting stuff. Very good to know they will be involved.

Me again with a link.  The creators were interviewed here - some very interesting stuff.  Very good to know they will be involved.

Tenzin's mother's Katara?

I hated Katara... D:

Edited by Qwackie

Tenzin's mother's Katara?

I hated Katara... D:

Show of hands though, who is ACTUALLY surprised?

And I love them avoiding the issue of The Last Airbender... xd.png

@Paine : I know, that was funny. xd.png I liked it, but it wasn't a great movie. They probably had seen it and didn't like it, but didn't want to say so officially..

I'm not surprised about Katara. I would have been more surprised if it HADN'T been her.

If Tenzin is Aang's son, wouldn't he be in his 30s-40s?

I wonder if he'll be a similar character to Zuko's uncle. (Following Korra around and mentoring her and all that. Not the same personality obviously xd.png)

xd.png

Man. Being an avatar, AND being related to Sokka/Suki?

Kiyoshi would be proud of this kick-arse gal biggrin.gif

OH YES SHE WOULD.

I DO hope her jokes aren't as weak as Sokka's though DD: xd.png But she could still be funny.

Aang's kid is gonna be in?!?! EPICCCCCCC<3

OOoooh, I wonder what the otehr characters look like >3 I hope they give us a hint, at last D: