wondersueak

Racism

i see a-lot of racism. i think it is funny how people will go out of their way to try to not be racist but they still are...

like.. someone said in class the other day.. "its not my fault their being slow today" waved his hand at the group of people who just happened to be black. idk.

but i try not to be. it is hard to be not racest what-so-ever just because i grew up around it but i try not to be.

when we've grown up around labels and them labels all mean something different depending on how someone looks.. -sighs- yea.. the labels should've never of been given in my opinion.. but i didn't make the labels.. they already existed. ><.

and ill stop talking now.. lol

Edited by kiraralee77

This is ooooooold, but I have to say this.

I'm not racist, but sometimes get accused of being so. Okay, I live in a mostly white area so I don't know how to talk to 'ethnic minorities', so sue me. I have nothing against anyone else because of their colour, and I think sometimes it's hard to talk to anyone with so much oversensitivity going on.

Okay, I live in a mostly white area so I don't know how to talk to 'ethnic minorities'

I don't know how to talk to 'ethnic minorities'

You could be coming off as racist to others because you feel the need to talk to people of other races differently than you'd talk to people of the same race as you. ninja.gif

ave you noticed that most of the time it's an ethnic minority (who happens to be somewhat racist) that always accuses everyone else of being racist?

ave you noticed that most of the time it's an ethnic minority (who happens to be somewhat racist) that always accuses everyone else of being racist?

Have you ever noticed that most of the time it's an ethnic majority (who happens to be racist) that always claims racism isn't around anymore?

Have you ever noticed that most of the time it's an ethnic majority (who happens to be racist) that always claims racism isn't around anymore?

^^^

Don't be so narrow-minded. The world's a sphere not a square. some things aren't as perfect as you think they are. One moment you may be mingling with whites and an Asian passes, before your white friends throw the word 'chink' and some bottles at him. When he runs away in fright, your white friend happily slaps backs and tell you 'hey, that's fun'. That's how harsh the world is.

Never seen this. (But I know racism is still around in a few groups).

Never seen this. (But I know racism is still around in a few groups).

Sadly, it's all around. Surprising you haven't seen it.

Really? Only a few groups? =\

Racism is still abundant everywhere. I'm interested in which few groups you know racism is still around in, though.

Sadly, it's all around. Surprising you haven't seen it.

Really? Only a few groups? =\

Racism is still abundant everywhere. I'm interested in which few groups you know racism is still around in, though.

Haven't seen that scenario (and I live in the south, where everyone accuses us of being racist -.-).

But the groups such as MS13, Skin Heads, Neo-Nazi's, the KKK is still around, Black Panthers, there are planty groups out there.

Haven't seen that scenario (and I live in the south, where everyone accuses us of being racist -.-).

But the groups such as MS13, Skin Heads, Neo-Nazi's, the KKK is still around, Black Panthers, there are planty groups out there.

Oh, okay, groups like that.

Just realize that racism is still alive and well today on a "smaller scale".

My boyfriend is of Vietnamese decent. A TA for one of his classes insisted on calling him "her yellow friend", even though he asked her several times to stop and told her it was racist. Her excuse was "but all my Asian friends let me call them that". As he said "Well, you must not actually have any Asian friends if you call them all that".

In my senior year of high school we had three black students. All of whom were called the n-word at least once.

Look at all the people who voted for Obama simply because he was black and all the people who didn't vote for him simply because he was black.

I am still seeing people who think that Obama was born in Kenya (or somewhere in Africa) because he couldn't possibly be American.

The Pakistan floods and such. Look how many people won't donate money towards relief, much less show any sympathy towards them, because they "deserved it" because "all Pakistani's are terrorists".

After the Haiti tragedy the 700 guy preached that they brought it upon themselves for racial and other sickening reasons, and all the people that actually agreed with him.

How many black or Hispanic or other celebrities can you name? Now how many Caucasian ones can you name?

How many of our presidents have been something other than white?

I could go on, but I'll leave it at that for now. I'll dig up some of my links of people who insist that there is no to very little racism going on today for later, too.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

i have never been racially attacked but i witnessed one once i was walking home from school with my mom (i was in like 2 grade or so at the time)these high school kids were beating up a African-American grade school kid and my mom saw them and she knew the attackers and she ran over there and was like OI! I KNOW ALL YOUR MOMS I WILL TELL THEM! and they all took off running (the kid was fine btw bruised up but not seriously injured ) and later my mom did call all their moms and they got in trouble..

(to clarify i lived in a prominently cacasun community when it happened)

Edited by chickenhound

i have never been racially attacked but i witnessed one once i was walking home from school with my mom (i was in like 2 grade or so at the time)these high school kids were beating up a African-American grade school kid and my mom saw them and she knew the attackers and she ran over there and was like OI!  I KNOW ALL YOUR MOMS I WILL TELL THEM! and they all took off running (the kid was fine btw bruised up but not seriously injured ) and later my mom did call all their moms and they got in trouble..

(to clarify i lived in a prominently cacasun community when it happened)

While that is bad, how do you know they were doing it out of racism? Maybe the black person was just an censorkip.gif***?

well i dont know for sure but i heard a lot of storys about the attackers

doing other bad stuff but not beating up anyone else and the victim was known for being a nice kid (and was the only African-American kid in the neighborhood)

We've had a few problems here in Australia with people screaming racism because a few Indian Students have been bashed. One of the attackers claimed he had been bashed and set on fire (which made all the Indian students angry and even political people in India were getting involved) when in fact he had been trying to torch his car for the insurance and had in the process caught on fire himself. For weeks he was saying how we aussies were so racist in attacking him and there was a lot of tension around or at least until the truth came out and then we never heard from him again.

At my school there's no racism, but I think it's wrong. Everyone should be treated fairly in my opinion. No matter what their gender or skin color is.

My main teacher's Indian, and I actually know someone from Haiti who survived the Earthquake, she goes to my school and is around the same age as me.

PS: This is my 100th post. ^*-*^

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

I'm racist against raci- *shot*

I don't really care what people look like or where they came from. If I'm going to hate them, it's because they're acting like ***holes.

The only really racist things I've heard were in my Government class when a couple of guys in my group were talking about "stupid towel-heads" and how they should all be nuked. Actually, those guys think everyone but America should be, from what I've heard from them.

I actually can't control my racism. Whenever I meet a black person, my mind will instantly register them as an enemy, because of past experiences throughout school. As bad as this sounds, I legitimately cannot control these feelings even if I wanted to. That's not to say I can't get over them. In fact, once I get to know a person, any distinction vanishes. But the first impression will always be bad, whether I want it to be or not.

That being said, I'd like to point out the main reason why racism (against african americans) isn't disappearing. Have you ever met a black middle-schooler from public school? The majority (and I cannot stress that word enough) have let their skin color go to their heads. Somehow the stereotype gets the better of them and makes them act out. At least, that's how it is where I live. And I'm not saying that it's ok to be prejudiced against african americans, but I can simply see how it is happening.

We have our prejudices against migrant workers. My parents always warn us that migrant workers have 'itchy fingers' and have a tendacy to molest you. I once borrowed a migrant worker's handphone and they were just as scared that this Singaporean may just make off with his phone just the way we are scared that the migrant workers may assault us. We have our bad apples but please-treat the world fairly and as a whole. We're all human, nothing different.

Oh, okay, groups like that.

Just realize that racism is still alive and well today on a "smaller scale".

Yeah, I know there is, it just isn't as prominent.

Look at all the people who voted for Obama simply because he was black and all the people who didn't vote for him simply because he was black.

Oh, I hate this... It's so ignorant and proves you are too... I have no problem with a black or asian president, but I woulnd't have voted for Obama because I didn't like his policies, and when I said it, people called me racist -.-

How many of our presidents have been something other than white?
How many have run?

. I'm part Irish,part Cherokee Indian and part English

Me too 0.o

Most of the "racism" at my school is fake. Black people run around and say "I hate black people. Stupid n*censorkip.gifs." And we all just kid aound. Heck one of my friends calls me his black brother and I'm white. We all just wanna have fun...

You know in reality we all have our own prejudices. Whether we want to admit it or not there is always a part of us that judges people based on their skin color, physical appearance, economic status, gender, sexuality and etc. I mean animals do the same thing, trying to decipher who is a friend or a foe or who is a predator and who is prey. It's the same way with us humans. *shrug*

I'm not saying it's right that we do this or that stereotyping is a good thing but the truth is we all do it every single day, most of us don't even realize when were doing it.

Edited by ayobelle

Yus, no matter how hard we try, it's hard to be completely rid of racism. Especially since we're racist from birth.

I don't think racism is bad if it's a matter of survival (Soren). 's rather horrible that it has to be such, but if the situation's that bad, just go with it.

Oh, I hate this... It's so ignorant and proves you are too... I have no problem with a black or asian president, but I woulnd't have voted for Obama because I didn't like his policies, and when I said it, people called me racist -.-

And that's part of it too. Race was a huge part of the presidential race. Either you voted for Obama because he was black or you didn't vote for him because he was black and no matter what reasoning you gave, people thought you voted or didn't vote for him because he was black.

How many have run?

Exactly.

I hate that too. It happens on the flip side though as well. I have said and I will continue to say that I would never vote for Sarah Palin. Next to nothing could make me vote for Sarah Palin. I hate her positions, I hate her so-called "morals," and I am completely unable to respect her.

I'm in the rock and hard place with politics -- I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. I support he Democrats on abortion, DADT, gay marriage, and universal health care, but I stand with the Republicans on fiscal issues (except social security) and gun issues. This means, every election I have to figure out what issues are most important and vote on them as well as the people running.

I was actually going to vote Republican until McCain picked his running mate, even though I don't like his morals either. While morals factor in for me, on a political decision, abilities, experience and positions are bigger factors. someone can be a horrible person and still be a good politician. Sarah Palin, however, changed that.

Despite my not liking Palin for everything but her gender, I still got accused of being: "old-fashioned," "anti-feminist" "afraid of seeing a woman in power," or "misogynist." People need to stop seein gender and race in politics, but it isn't going to happen.

I'm racist in the sense that I see race as a thing to joke about. Not as something to judge someone over.

For example, I am half Asian, Asian jokes are funny if they're original (IMO.)

I can't say I love every race equally, it's more like a tolerance until I get to know an individual.

A general rule for me is that: "if you can laugh at others, you have to laugh at yourself."

A lot of the METCO students at my school get into trouble, a lot of them are also African-American. So if we hate them because they piss us off, they pull the Racist card. "You hate me because I'm black!" No, I hate you because you always think you're better than everyone, you push us around and expect us to do what you want, and you're really not a likable person. If I had the luck to know a person with the same personality as you, but a different skin color, I'd hate them all the same.

._. They'd beat the crap out of me if I said that. And they'd probably get away with it too.