RheaZen

Torchwood

It centers around Captain Jack Harkness and his small team, the remnants of Torchwood. They basically stick around Cardiff and the Rift, scooping up whatever drops in and containing the various situations that pop up.

Basically just wanted to hear what other people thought about it.

... okay, that was a lie. I made this topic because I wanted to hear about any easter eggs people found in connection to Dr. Who.

Also of note, this show is full of smexy man-love and other stuff. Much more mature than Dr. Who.

I've only watched the last season with the Children of Earth. :x

...what the hell, Doctor. 10% of all the children in the world to be wh0red out to some alien species and you can't even be arsed to show up.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I love Torchwood and have seen all the episodes (and enjoy re-watching them on Sci-fi and BBCAmerica).

I've only seen a few episodes here and there. But so far I like what I've seen.

Torchwood is. . . okay.

I actually really enjoyed most of the first season. It was pretty good, and downright shocking after watching Doctor Who. I like shocking. Shocking is good in a show or movie.

But after the first few episodes, it just kinda fell flat for me. I didn't much care for the second season at all, and I didn't even watch the little sub-season that wrapped the whole thing up, and frankly, I don't think I want to. It was enjoyable for a while but now. . . meh.

I guess Season 3: Children of Earth counts as a sub season since it has less episodes (?) and its run more like a movie than actual episodes.

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Torchwood, but I really didn't like the plot of Children of Earth much. It was really sad and just an overall horrible way for the series to end.

I really didn't like the way the Children of Earth ended either (poor Jack and Ianto).

... from the sound of it, I'll not be watching Children of Earth. I dun want to see a depressing ending/bad stuff happening to Jack and Ianto.

D:

Children of Earth rocks. Certainly my favourite of the three series'.

So, what links do you want to know? I know most of the Dr Who -> Torchwood ones.

Anything, really. Mentions of "Bad Wolf," etc. - I'm not very good at spotting things so I might as well ask for the whole kit n' caboodle.

Bad Wolf, Vote Saxon, the Time Agency, the Face of Boe, the Rift, Torchwood all through Season Two, the massive meet-up for Stolen Earth etc, the goodbye in the End of Time...

Check, check, check, check, check... haven't finished season two, check, don't remember...

Gah. Will have to re-watch. Curse youuu, memory.

Pssst. And I was gonna make a Dr. Who thread, Rhea. CUUUUURRRSSEEE YOU.

So, yeah, my friends made me watch Dr. Who. Loved it. Now I'm starting on Torchwood. Not through the first series, yet, so I've skimmed the posts to avoid spoilers. I like it, although not as much as Dr. Who- I find this show a little more formulaic.

Mwahaha >:3

Yes, Torchwood doesn't have quite the same feel to it. And don't worry, there aren't really too many spoilers. Well, nothing specific.

If you get BBCAmerica, there is a short Torchwood marathon today beginning in about 30 minutes. smile.gif

... curse this television.

Also, CD, it seems my Dr. Who thread has disappeared - the only one left is for the discussion of the newest Doctor. You can make the new one?

... curse this television.

Also, CD, it seems my Dr. Who thread has disappeared - the only one left is for the discussion of the newest Doctor. You can make the new one?

*flourishes*

It would be my honour.

Also, being newly introduced to Torchwood, my friends always said "season one is super cracky, season 2 is depressing, and season three is really depressing". Having just completed plotlines about suicide and cannibalism, I can't help but feel that my friends' definition of 'cracky' is a little warped.

Season Three is scary. And it rocks.

Well, I missed most of it, but there is a mini-marathon on today on BBCAmerica. I believe all the episodes are from season 1. Right now "Countrycide" is playing.

I really didn't like Countrycide. I kept wanting it to be aliens, but... ;_;

Iunno, it's just that I think of the show as being an escape from the normal depravities of humanity. I don't want humans killing humans, I want some friggin' aliens.

I really didn't like Countrycide. I kept wanting it to be aliens, but... ;_;

Iunno, it's just that I think of the show as being an escape from the normal depravities of humanity. I don't want humans killing humans, I want some friggin' aliens.

LOL. Yeah. I prefer the stories with aliens as well. What's kind of funny is that I was reading a fanfic at the same time as the episode was on that included the Countrycide episode plot.

o.o What an odd coincidence.

Yeah, I think one reason why I don't like Torchwood as much as Doctor Who is because it tried to be too nitty-gritty and deals too much with humans, as opposed to wandering around on alien planets.