darkangel787

The Ultimate Young Adult Reader Booklist

Title (of book or series): The Divide and Back to the Divide

Author: Elizabeth Kay

Genre: Fantasy, or science fiction. But more on the fantasy side.

Rating (like, PG 13? R? G? PG?): PG I guess.

Title: The Wish List

Author: Eoin Colfer

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: PG??

The Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. Their companion, Extras, was also good. smile.gif

Edited by LotusCalm

The Bronze Chanticles; Tracy and Laura Hickman.

PG-13?

Genre; Epic Fantasy.

Dragonlance Series;

Authors; too many to list. There are over 60 books.

Genre; Epic Fantasy.

Rating; PG-13, some might be a bit bloody tho.

Memories of Idhun; Laura Gallego García

PG-13

GGenre; Epic Fantasy.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Title: The Secret Life of Bees

Author: Sue Monk-Kidd

Genre: Realistic fiction OR Historical Fiction (it can be classified under either)

Title: If I Stay

Author: Gayle Forman

Genre: Realistic Fiction

Title: Gathering Blue

Author: Lois Lowry

Title: The Giver

Title: The Monmorency Series

Author: Eleanor Updale.

Genre: Historical Fiction

Title: Sword of the Rightful King

Author: Jane Yolen

((Sorry if any of these are already on the list. It's a pretty big list to go through. xP))

If you don't want to go through the list, just press control-f and a box should pop up. Type in the title of the book; if it's there, it's there, and if it's not, well, then it's not tongue.gif

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but:

The Last Apprentice

Joseph Delayney

Fantasy

PG-13 maybe, haven't really read them, but their in my library.

The Grand Canyon? Cool. Did you have fun? (:

Title: Freak The Mighty

Author: Rodman Philbrick

Title: Rx

Author: Tracy Lynn

Genre: Realistic/Teen fiction

Title: Messanger

Title: Gossamer

Okay. I really want to add to this list, since I'm sitting next to a bookshelf with probably close to 300 books on it, many of them Young Adult that I would like to share. Reading your list is giving me a bit of a headache though. Is it at all possible to sort the books by author within your various lists? I know it would take a lot of work to get it sorted now, with how many are on the lists, but it would be pretty easy to keep it updated that way once it finally got sorted. Also, you have The Giver by Lois Lowry listed under realistic fiction and since it is set in a futuristic version of our world, it really belongs in Sci-fi.

I know what I am asking for is a lot of work, as I have said. If you want, I can even do the sort for you, sorting everything into a word document and emailing it when it is finished. I've got a lot of free time on my hands right now and nothing better to do. Then I could see better what you do and do not have listed and suggest some other titles for you. Of the top of my head though, it looks like you are missing:

Title(s): The Lost Years of Merlin: The Lost Years of Merlin, The Seven Songs of Merlin, The Fires of Merlin, The Mirror of Merlin, The Wings of Merlin

Author: T. A. Barron

Title(s): The Great Tree of Avalon: Child of the Dark Prophecy, Shadows on the Stars, The Eternal Flame

Author: T. A. Barron

Title(s): The Time Quartet: A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, Many Waters, Swiftly Tilting Planet

Author: Madeleine L'Engle

Genre: Sci-fi

Title(s): Darkangel Trilogy: The Darkangel, Gathering of the Gargoyles, Pearl of the Soul of the World

Author: Merdith Ann Pierce

Title(s): Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Resturant at the End of the Universe, Life the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, Young Zaphod Plays it Safe, Mostly Harmless

Author: Douglas Adams

Genre: Sci-Fi

Title(s): House of Night: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awakened

Author: P. C. Cast

Genre: Fantasy/ Sci-fi. Its a modern day Vampire. So put it where ever you put Twilight (which I'm also not sure if I saw, but I'm sure just got overlooked. It is a teen sensation. No matter about personal feelings, it should be on a Young Adult book list. Edit: Wrote that before I saw your post on my post on the Hunger Games vs Twilight thread. I still think Twilight should be on the list due to its popularity with the Young Adult crowd, but it looks like you hate Twilight with a passion, so I'm guessing it will not be added. So put P. C. Cast wherever you would have put Twilight if you didn't think Twilight sucked monkey balls.)

I can't remember, but I know there are about a bazillion more books that I want to add. My brain just suddenly blanked. I know you are missing a couple of Tamora Pierce series, a couple of L. J . Smith series, and probably a few others but I can't think right now. I'll be back later with more book ideas.

Edited by Eluin Gentry

Title: Max the Mighty

Author: Rodman Philbrick

Genre: Realistic/Teen Fiction

Title: Me Talk Pretty One Day

Author: David Sedaris

Rating: I'd say 16-17+

Title: Mirrormask

Author: Neil Gaiman

Title: Esperanza Rising