darkangel787

The Ultimate Young Adult Reader Booklist

You are welcome Dark.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones is actually the first of 3 books.

#2 Castle in the Air

#3 House of Many Ways

The Wiki does say its called The Castle Series, but I personally, being a wannabe YA librarian, have never heard the series named anything.

~*~

Generation Dead series by Daniel Waters - About teens dying and coming back to life as zombies and going to school with Non-dead teens.

A Curse Dark as Gold - Elizabeth C. Bunce ~ Sorta-kinda not really like Rumplestitskin

Icemark Chronicles by Stuart Hill - Very good, a kingdom that lives in snow must defends itself against an invading country by alligning itself with Warewolves and Vampires and other magical beings.

And since I was suposed to be in bed 2½ hours ago, Ill stop there.

The Dragonbone Chair, Stone of Farewell, To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams

The Artefacts of Power series by Maggie Furey

The Banned and the Banished series and the Godslayer series by James Clemens

Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders Trilogy, Tawny Man Trilogy and Rain Wild Chronicles, all by Robin Hobb

Added the submissions. :3 thanks!

please let me know if I did any repeats added...Ive read the Icemark chronicles and might've added it on there twice.

Hi!

Well I didn't read the whole 5 pages, but in case they have not been mentionned, the Xanth series by Piers Anthony ( 30+ books by now, not bad for a trilogy xd.png)

Also the Incarnations of immortality by the same author

And pretty much any fantasy by Isaac Asimov (though he writes mostly SF, and they are great too!)

Edited by Autana

Hi!

Well I didn't read the whole 5 pages, but in case they have not been mentionned, the Xanth series by Piers Anthony ( 30+ books by now, not bad for a trilogy xd.png)

Also the Incarnations of immortality by the same author

And pretty much any fantasy by Isaac Asimov (though he writes mostly SF, and they are great too!)

If you need to check if a book is on the list, go to the first post and press Ctrl+F to get a search box, then just type in the book name..

The Dragonlance books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

(Especially the Chronicles and Legends trilogies, and The Soulforge)

Okay, I just went through your list:

22. Dune - Frank Herbert

23. Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov

117. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

these are almost indisputably science fiction, not fantasy, and Dune is not YA either (although it is an epic series <3)

142. The Host by Stephanie Meyer

is supposedly science fiction, according to author, reviews, booksellers.. (I just think it's bs. :'P)

104. Holes by Louis Sachar

105. Small Steps by Louis Sachar

first, these are one series, and second, they're realistic fiction

64. Green Angel by Alice Hoffman

65. Green Witch by Alice Hoffman (the sequal to Green Angel)

should probably be listed as one series

70.Assassin's Apprentice

71. Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest, Fool's Errand, Golden Fold, Fool's Fate: All by Robin Hobb

173. Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders Trilogy, Tawny Man Trilogy and Rain Wild Chronicles, all by Robin Hobb

80. Crank by Ellen Hopkins

163. Crank by Ellen Hopkins

listed twice

21. Keys to the Kingdom - Garth Nix

111. Any Books that are by Garth Nix

sort of a duplicate, his other major series is the Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen trilogy

Um, when Emmejo listed books that were realistic fiction and didn't belong here, you added them again instead of deleting them. tongue.gif

I'm not much of a YA fantasy reader; I'm sure others could check better smile.gif

Edited by kadoatie

Warriors by Erin Hunter X3 I'm surprised.

Edit: Sounds like you need help...I could be another co-mod if you want

Edited by Stunningfire

If you need to check if a book is on the list, go to the first post and press Ctrl+F to get a search box, then just type in the book name..

Didn't think of it, sorry >.<

So I checked, and no Piers Anthony, so there you go, and for Asimov you have only foundations, I'd actually suggest Azazel ( I hope it's the same name in english as in spanish) for some Asimov's fantasy

I'd also reccomend 100 years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, if you dare ^^'. Not quite an easy reading, but I found it extremely interesting, and totally worth it at the end. If you can read it in spanish smile.gif

( sorry if there are many mistakes, I haven't written this much in english in a long time >.<)

You didn't put Icemark twice. I made sure it wasnt on the list.

You also didnt put the author, Stuart Hill. Its #174.

Another one I just thought about.

The Beasties by William Sleator.

It's about little creatures that steal people away to take their body parts because their own are missing. And they help save the forest and all sorts of fun stuff.

And, since you are putting Non-fantasy

Cut by Patricia McCormic

Bait by Alex Sanchez

Gay Teen Books

The Gay Youth Chronicals by Mark A. Roeder

Hero by Perry Moore (which could be considered Fantasy since he's a superhero)

Getting It by Alex Sanchez

Rainbow Trilogy by Alex Sanchez

So Hard to Say by Alex Sanchez

The God Box by Alex Sanchez

Luna by Julie Anne Peters

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

The Order of the Poison Oak by Brent Hartinger

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan

Edited by Kanaye

Cut is already on the list, Kanaye.

Curious.. can you guys pick a definition of YA and put it up so we know what not to suggest? smile.gif

Ooh, I'll be checking out some of the books on this list. This is such a great idea! Anywho, I see you have The Sight and Fire Bringer, but you should add Fell by David Clement-Davies. It's the sequel to The Sight.

Do you perhaps mean R.A. Salvador? Because someone has suggested the Legend of Drizzt by him.

Also, I don't think it'll work to just say "anything by X author" because then darkangel would have to look around the interwebs to find books by that author. It would be much better just to say the book's name.

No, it IS spelled 'Salvatore'. I have a book by him right in front of me.

Okay:

(Dark Elf Trilogy)

Homeland

Exile

Sojourn

(Icewind Dale Trilogy)

The Crystal Shard

Streams of Silver

The Halfling's Gem

There's a whole lot more by him:

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones Novelization by R.A. Salvatore (Based upon the story by George Lucas and the screenplay by George Lucas and Jonathan Hales)

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore

Legacy of the Drow series:

The Legacy

Starless Night

Siege of Darkness

Passage to Dawn

Paths of Darkness series:

The Silent Blade

The Spine of the World

Servant of the Shard

Sea of Swords

The Cleric Quintet:

# Canticle

# In Sylvan Shadows

# Night Masks

# The Fallen Fortress

# The Chaos Curse

The Hunter's Blades Trilogy

# The Thousand Orcs (2002)

# The Lone Drow (2003)

# The Two Swords (2004)

The Sellswords:

# Servant of the Shard (2000)

# The Promise of the Witch King (2005)

# Road of the Patriarch (2006)

Transitions:

# The Orc King

# The Pirate King

# The Ghost King

And more!

I'd also like to recommend The Children Star by Joan Slonczewski.

Edited by klinneah

Just doin' mah job.

Thank you. I'll be sure to remember that the next time I submit a post that reads "Anything by this author who has written so many books that I would be hard-pressed to even fit them all in one post."

ETA: Please don't read that as sarcastic. I didn't mean it that way, I'm being sincere.

Edited by klinneah

Okay, thanks.

ETA: I've copy-pasted the list from the first post into my Notepad, and I'm busy at work sorting the books into categories. I've got Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Other. Any suggestions?

Edited by klinneah

A question Klinneah, what does ETA stand for when you use it? 'Cause usually it means estimated time of arrival, which makes no sense in the context that you're using it.